Page 2 of 9 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: K&L2:DD Demo Impressions - Second Attempt (now with maturity)

K&L2:DD Demo Impressions - Second Attempt (now with maturity)

Wanted to add that on single, Kane holds his own, in the dialog he's the one who makes the calls and sometimes even mokes Lynch; also I there isn't the old cure mechanic, sometimes he gets downed, but I think he's immortal.

About the multiplayer, I think that people needs to get used to it, most of the times they betray too soon resoulting in their demise; about the health, sometimes it seems too much, as firefights can go on for long, but also a well placed shot to the head can kill almost instantly.

edit: wanted to point out for those who cares, there's the name of the artist for the chinese songs in the credits, I tried to write them down, but I can barely read the small font.

I think the weapons in the game aren't using real names. There are some really cool guns though. There's one that's like a Glock that's gold with a black slide. And another one that's electric blue with a pink handle or something.

Originally Posted by taylornathan2991
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEX9VwxaJg4

This song kinda matches K&L lol Plus its gettin me in the mood for the game.
    By the way look at the picture and listen to the song it matches pretty well lol
    LOL! Eminem? Yea... I personally don't think that kind of music represents K&L.

Originally Posted by UhUh
    About the multiplayer, I think that people needs to get used to it, most of the times they betray too soon resoulting in their demise; about the health, sometimes it seems too much, as firefights can go on for long, but also a well placed shot to the head can kill almost instantly.
    I think you're right. The annoyances I mentioned feel quite minor after playing some more.

edit: wanted to point out for those who cares, there's the name of the artist for the chinese songs in the credits, I tried to write them down, but I can barely read the small font.
    Actually, I was wondering about this.

Originally Posted by sigrun
    I think you're right. The annoyances I mentioned feel quite minor after playing some more.

Actually, I was wondering about this.
    I'll try to get you the names of those guys.

It's the same core game as the first with some improvements. My bottom line, if you didn't like the first one, you probably won't like the sequel.

My major issues:

Too much health in multiplayer (same as first game?) and no cooldown for downed players to get up and move to cover result in extended gunfights. Don't be surprised if you run out of ammo in player vs. player fights. I also was disappointed to see that hipfiring is just as effective as the first game. So, like the first game, gunfights turn into strafing wars shooting from the hip. NPC enemy AI hasn't changed much from the first. They're tough but ultimately lifeless.

I did not see the SIG 552 in the weapons list. Most are weapons you would expect to see in Asia.

Really enjoying the demo. Love the grainy feel and the camera and these are 2 of the best characters currently in a game IMO, feels like a movie.

MP is good and a refreshing change to a tagged on DM/TDM in soooo many games and you feel like you're playing an extension of the SP. Hopefully there will be a longer time limit in the full game?

Lastly, IO make a Hitman game with this graphics engine, grit and style...please

Originally Posted by MaceUk
    Lastly, IO make a Hitman game with this graphics engine, grit and style...please
    I think hitman blood money did have the same basic graphics engine. But I'd rather not see a hitman game in the same style. This style should be left unique to kane and lynch.

But yea.. basically I want another hitman game!

Originally Posted by Nick@IO
    I'll try to get you the names of those guys.
    awesome!

i just played the single player part of the demo, i really didnt like kane and lynch 1 single player but i enjoyed the demo of number 2

Just a few thoughts.
    Really really into the presentation, look, atmosphere and "feel" of the game.

Enemy AI is dumb, game is essentially a ultra basic third person shooter.
    Kudos for improving the cover system, its much better but it could use a running slide, ala Splinter Cell conviction or Red Dead.
    Character voice volume often inappropriate, shouting at each other when standing face to face or whispering from opposite sides of the map, but I guess thats just the volume the script was recorded at.

Multiplayer modes are very cool, especially when people are "playing them properly" as it were.

Huge strides from the first game, but other than presentation and visual style, it's not a step into any new territories for this type of game.
    But I'll be buying it, I'm into the character and love the games grindhouse look from intro to menus to loading screens. Multiplayer is great.

I managed to complete an undercover cop mission as the cop.
    Me > Tim Roth.

just played some quick multiplayer and got killed by a dog lol, does anyone here know if we are allowed to record the demo and put it on youtube ?

Someone's already posted footage in very decent quality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eAdNVUV9Bo
    喋血雙雄 2:伏天

i really like the modes all are fun if i had any constructive criticism it would be more incentive not to be a traitor and a few times i accidentally shot a teammate and was labeled a traitor but thats not too bad i guess other then those two things the game is really amazing

i was jus asking coz i didnt want to upload demo gameplay and have it flagged, i already have 1 strike against me on youtube lol

Kain&Lynch

Cheers to the guys over @Eidos "Strength and Honor" still taking game in luv the grittyness of graphics gameplay seems to be pretty smooth recoil on gun is a little off pops just a lil to much don't really care for the get back up factor gonna give it a real work out in about an hour should have a better over veiw by then but so far i'm luvin it see u guys in the game
    "Strength and Honor"

yes also new hitman i agree 100%

I'd rather go with this. This must be how Lynch perceives the world around him:

D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

Awesome weapon controls/characters and voices/environments and atmopshere/sound. Story mode is not a run-and-gun and requires tactical cover position (I can confirm lol). Got in a couple FA games, will put in more time tonight as multiplayer looks like it'll be more addicting than I originally thought.

1 thing I hate is that Lynch's back doesn't carry the assault rifle, but it works when you use the assault rifle and then the shotgun is on Lynch's back. Please tell me this will be fixed IOI.

Originally Posted by OrochiLeona

Enemy AI is dumb, game is essentially a ultra basic third person shooter.
    Try playing on HARD. Just don't cry

I Dont Like that i cannot start a party with friends or invite friends to my game.
    I also dont like that i cant keep playing with the party i just played against.
    The Matchmaking system is also a nuisance.

BUT I LOVE THE GAMEPLAY, too much fun

Red Face (Embarrassed)

Originally Posted by OrochiLeona
    Character voice volume often inappropriate, shouting at each other when standing face to face or whispering from opposite sides of the map, but I guess thats just the volume the script was recorded at.

I managed to complete an undercover cop mission as the cop.
    Me > Tim Roth.
    That could be a embarrasing issue , i mean in the first game they used earpiece , so if the character is too far away from you you'll hear what he is saying through the earpiece , the same line of dialogue would switch its volume accordingly ... it'll be a shame if Dog Days can't do the same ...

Also well done on surviving , snitch ...

Originally Posted by Bionicicide
    Story mode is not a run-and-gun and requires tactical cover position (I can confirm lol).
    I've noticed that a few of you do contradict each other , i assume some played on easy other on hard , is that it ? ...

Originally Posted by Moeez
    Lol they could name that for the trophy / achievement for finishing the game on its hardest difficulty , "Just don't cry" ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Originally Posted by Moeez
    Will playing on Hard stop the Police from facing the wrong direction when I flank them then stroll up alongside and deliver a point blank head-shot?

or will it just mean I'll die in fewer hits?

I said the A.I was dumb, not "easy"

Oh yeah, another plus point, I had a lagless match that featured many international players. groovy.

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    Also well done on surviving , snitch ...
    Just doing my job, to protect and serve.
    ... Which apparantly means "murder the gang I've infiltrated" :P

i like what i see in the demo. only problems i have are the players health and the one bad map they gave us. i never played the first K&L game, so are all of the FA maps so small and linear?

I agree with your opinions on the AI. All too often I've seen the police run around like chickens with their heads cut off. They don't retreat or react to being flanked or rushed. You'd think the AI would be more deadly up close but they become scatter minded and are content with being grabbed or shot down. Defeating the lifeless AI in K&L2 just isn't a rewarding experience.

Originally Posted by BeardedHoplite
    I can get you a list.
    http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Kane_...ch_2:_Dog_Days
    I did most of it

Also i think all of IO games actually show the magazine being ejected, which is awesome.
    tite thanx man!

I think the weapons in the game aren't using real names. There are some really cool guns though. There's one that's like a Glock that's gold with a black slide. And another one that's electric blue with a pink handle or something.

lol its more for the moment cause I was listening to eminem and i was looking at k&L2 stuff haha

Page 2 of 9 First First 123456 ... Last