Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last

Thread: K&L2:DD Demo Impressions - Second Attempt (now with maturity)

K&L2:DD Demo Impressions - Second Attempt (now with maturity)

K&L2:DD Demo Impressions - Second Attempt (now with maturity)

"Yes, I know. It's not here yet. But I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread where we can all write down our first impressions & random comments about the demo.

There's just one rule: let's all try to stay on topic, please. Because I'm hoping the devs will visit this thread to read our honest thoughts, so let's not waste their time by making a mess out of it.

So in the meantime, we wait...
    "

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Impressions

The other thread is locked so. Iam on the demo now
    and the multiplayer rank, style and criminal loyalty is perfect
    its says when you join and sitting in the lobby how reliable the person is
    and there style it says "stray dog" witch would be default. criminal rank I am default witch is mugger

and not to mention the waiting music is pretty good fit
    the game is like a movie when your running threw gunfire with the camra effect
    alot of guns to buy
    and fun as

HAS under cover cop
    cops and robbers
    fragile alliance

Thread's unlocked now.
    Post your impressions ONLY. Otherwise - don't be surprised if your post is missing.

Alright lets start with the improvements

Aiming and cover taking is 100 percent better,and this is good because that was K&L 1's main problem.

The music was actually noticable this time around, and i must say it fits the game

Controls were much smoother

And the downsides

The steps to prevent betrayal were a step in the right direction, but i think the whole traitor system needs to be done away with

In the choice of where to choose guns...how many are there??? Is there ghost loading? Or is it actual loading of magazines?

Question

Originally Posted by BeardedHoplite
    The music was actually noticable this time around, and i must say it fits the game
    Oh so There Is a proper original soundtrack to the game then ? ...

The steps to prevent betrayal were a step in the right direction, but i think the whole traitor system needs to be done away with
    Is the system really that broken or is it the players who don't play Fragile Alliance the way it was meant to be played ? ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

This game is BADASS. Everything from the sound, scenery, gameplay, and so on is amazing to me, and IOIDEV6 got punked!
    Xbox Live Gamertag: blood asylum

Could someone put up a weapons list thats in mp? Could someone also put up a full video review of the demo and mp onto youtube or somethin? lol

So...I've played it
    First impression? looks waaaaaay better than I've expected! the camera works really well, and all the action comes to life like I've never seen before.

The loading screen banter is back, while the screen fills like the mosaic in the website.
    I've played the single player in hard mode(take note there's an other "extreme" mode) and it's challenging, with one or two shots you hit the ground, police don't wait for you and will swarm whenever they can; also the wooden covers will shatter and expose you, if you realy too much on one cover, they'll spam your general position, while others advance leaving you without much of a choice.

You'll find around extinguishers and other stuff to throw and shoot to explode, also you'll have to search for ammo or new weapons as they'll run out of ammo fast.
    The shooting is precise, there isn't much of an outaim, but it feels right; the cover works well, is fast and reliable. The banter in game is well written and acted(duh) but sometimes you won't hear Kane if he's too far away or there's too much noise.
    The civillian sometimes seem to take it too easy, considering there's a firefight going on, they'll keep walking like nothing happend, quite silly.

Multiplayer's fun, I like that there's a story going on in the mission, and the characters talk to each other during the heist. There's also some bad things: there's no autobalance, so if somebody disconnects from round to round, one team will be in disadvantage; waiting for a full lobby can be a pain, since it won't start with less player than is needed(8 for FA), would be nice if bots could take the place of the missing players. ALso, sometimes for no reason some guys will slide instad of walking too, hope this things can be worked out somehow; the scoring system is a little weird too, in the undercover mode in particular, would be nice if killing the UC would grant you some points, instead you may find yourself doing all the work of rattling him out, just to die and get a total of zero.

All considered it feels great, there's some quirky things to fix up, but even as it is now, it's great. Any questions?

ps: in response to the questions:
    no ghost reloading, you reload with the right bumper;
    no the soundtrack is ambient like, not like the first;
    how many weapons...can't remeber now, but there are many, divided into guns, shotguns, submachine guns and rifles, each with a bunch of types.

Nice thanx for the info man!

F'ed up on my first couple of games and thought I wouldn't enjoy it, but after getting used to the controls and tempo of battles I'm enjoying it immensely. Stunning visuals, tense battles and a really cool vibe in the environments.

the guns are 9 for type, exept for shotguns wich are 6.

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by UhUh
    I've played the single player in hard mode(take note there's an other "extreme" mode) and it's challenging, with one or two shots you hit the ground, police don't wait for you and will swarm whenever they can; also the wooden covers will shatter and expose you, if you realy too much on one cover, they'll spam your general position, while others advance leaving you without much of a choice.

Multiplayer's fun, I like that there's a story going on in the mission, and the characters talk to each other during the heist.
    Sounds marvelous ...

waiting for a full lobby can be a pain, since it won't start with less player than is needed(8 for FA),
    Wait what ? ...

Do you think it's only for the demo or is it also going to be like this in the full game ? because in two years , no , in A Year i doubt we'll be getting four players everyday , let alone eight ! ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    Wait what ? ...
    Do you think it's only for the demo or is it also going to be like this in the full game ? because in two years , no , in A Year i doubt we'll be getting four players everyday , let alone eight ! ...

Yup, that's my concern, too; hope they change it.

the guns are 9 for type, exept for shotguns wich are 6.
    Like can you name them all or are they locked weapons? I hope I'm not trying to be to demanding lol

Forgot to mention, since I'm playing it in a non-lcd tv I find that the type it's a little too small to read...

Originally Posted by taylornathan2991
    Like can you name them all or are they locked weapons? I hope I'm not trying to be to demanding lol
    You unlock them by playing, there's the name and a little description about where they where found, but you can buy them inbetween rounds...can't do right now.

Played through the singleplayer bit and it was great! It's pretty straight forward and all the elements work really well together.

Played some online Cops&Robbers. It's defiantly unique and addicting! Though a few things quickly annoyed me; one was the amount of damage a player can take, it just seems way too high.

Also I am not sure I like the "down not out" mechanic in MP. It can make it a bit frustrating, both being the player trying to get up as well as the player whose just unloaded a clips at someone, and then they pop up.

Other player movement in MP is also a bit too quick and slidey.

None the less it's a great game!

The camera effects, i know IO was trying to do something with it, but in the end it is annoying. In an update i'd like to see an option to turn them off.
    There is an option the OPTIONS menu, though I haven't tried it.

You can actually start with 6 players

Enjoy the Demo fellow gamers

I understand that a limit amount where givin but i believe i should have been amongst of those limited but i see the suits like it other wise, would have been a beautiful thing though you get a chance game wit me and truly understand why this game is so successful you must respect the green jacket once you loose it you can never get it back...green jackets for life "Strength and Honor" my gamer tag is the same RomeCaeser xbox360
    "Strength and Honor"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEX9VwxaJg4

This song kinda matches K&L lol Plus its gettin me in the mood for the game.
    By the way look at the picture and listen to the song it matches pretty well lol

Originally Posted by taylornathan2991
    Could someone put up a weapons list thats in mp? Could someone also put up a full video review of the demo and mp onto youtube or somethin? lol
    I can get you a list.
    http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Kane_...ch_2:_Dog_Days
    I did most of it

Also i think all of IO games actually show the magazine being ejected, which is awesome.

Indeed what would FA be without the possibility of backstabbing other people? But yeah it's a hard gamemode to realise. Also I can imagine the down not dead mechanic to be pretty annoying in multiplayer. Atleast it should require less shots to down the person then, but then it would probably make it too easy to become the traitor in the first place.

What to do, what to do. Hopefully everything will be perfectly rigth by release time.
    If I didn't wake up, I'd still be sleeping

my demo impressions

So ive been playin the game for almost 2 hours, and Ill start by saying that its a HUGE leap forward from KL1. Heres a quik rundown of my thoughts

Graphics-
    I really enjoy the new style the game is going for. Very realistic. Its got the whole youtube, handycam style going. Really grainy and gritty. The lighting is awesome. The animations are way more smooth and fluid this time around.
    Definatly a big improvment from the first game! It actually feels like they have a guy following them around with a camera. Although the cam shakyness could be turned down just a tad.

Sound-
    The sound is awesome! The guns sound better, theres alot of banter between Kane and Lynch, which makes it sound alot more realistic. The backround noise of the city is really cool too.

Gameplay-
    To me, the biggest improvment in KL2 has to be the gameplay. They def stepped it up this time. The shooting feels spot on, way more crisp and accurate. The cover system has also had a big improvement. Its got the whole gears of war cover system going for it. Pressing A attaches you to cover, and you actually stay in it this time!
    You can also vault over low cover and you can roll to cover that beside you. It doesnt feel awkward like the first game did

Multiplayer-
    The MP in KL1 was cool, they went in a new direction from other games. But with the wonky controls, to me it just didnt work out. But this time around with the new improvements to everything the MP is a blast. The only thing is sometimes I feel its hard to kill a human player. They seem to take alot of bullets as opposed to NPC's.
    And when playing cops n robbers, while playing as a cop i dont think theres a way you can choose your spawn.
    When playing undercover cop, you dont get points for killing the Rat either.

Anyways theres a few things that IO need to work on, but other than that I think the game is Fantastic! I cant wait for the full version.
    Thanks IO for giving me a shot to demo your game

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last