Thread: Binoculars DLC

Binoculars DLC

Binoculars DLC

Anyone thought about a pair of high powered Binoculars for DLC. The world is so feature rich it would be great to just look around.

Maybe even a telescope to check out those stars.

Yes, I'd love to see all those low resolution LOD models.
    Originally Posted by Kegan
    ZOMBIE GAMERS ATE MY NEIGHBORS.

Originally Posted by NovaSilisko
    Yes, I'd love to see all those low resolution LOD models.
    Lol
    Death by cheescake (at least it's tasty!)

Originally Posted by OminousFollower
    Anyone thought about a pair of high powered Binoculars for DLC. The world is so feature rich it would be great to just look around.

Maybe even a telescope to check out those stars.
    You mean, like, the sniper rifle?

Originally Posted by DeltaBlast
    You mean, like, the sniper rifle?
    The sniper rifle is quite blurry and small. I'm thinking something like the recon class in BFBC2 uses to call in mortar strikes. Come to think of it that would be cool, mortar strike for Just Cause 2 anyone?

The sniper rifle is quite blurry and small. I'm thinking something like the recon class in BFBC2 uses to call in mortar strikes. Come to think of it that would be cool, mortar strike for Just Cause 2 anyone?
    yes plox

That would be really useful to sabotage military bases

Theoretically this would be great, but unfortunately the game engine wouldn't allow it. Landscape at a distance has lower-res textures to improve performance, and people and vehicles aren't visible unless you're relatively close to them, as you're undoubtedly aware.

Still.. if you want a quick fix, here's a quote from the stickied Easter Egg/Glitch thread:

Game Glitch to Make Binoculars - glitch by Scorp

Step1) Equip sniper.

Step2) Crouch. (you have to crouch)

Step3) Aim down the scope while crouching. (zoom in a far as you want)

Step4) Un-aim while still crouched

Step5) You should now be seeing stuff at the sniper level of zoom, but without the sniper scope and reticules in the way.

(you can't change zooms without re-doing this though, and you can't move either...)
    KD's Glitch Tutorial Videos - Includes: Longest Tether Exploit, Loose Door Tether, No-Clip, Plant Surfing, Suicide Bomber.. and more!

I think its a cool idea for scouting enemy locations from a far like those pesky elites and drug drops on the tops of buildings would be nice too.

+1

agree this game could use binoculars....and some shock and awe firepower its missing....bring the binos and mortars.
    Is that an exploding gas canister or popcorn?

Originally Posted by KomodoDave
    Theoretically this would be great, but unfortunately the game engine wouldn't allow it. Landscape at a distance has lower-res textures to improve performance, and people and vehicles aren't visible unless you're relatively close to them, as you're undoubtedly aware.

Still.. if you want a quick fix, here's a quote from the stickied Easter Egg/Glitch thread:
    Maybe an idea for Just Cause 3 then?

Maybe an idea for Just Cause 3 then?
    For sure, bud, for sure Only another 4 years to go...
    KD's Glitch Tutorial Videos - Includes: Longest Tether Exploit, Loose Door Tether, No-Clip, Plant Surfing, Suicide Bomber.. and more!