Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Man, what is wrong with you people?

Man, what is wrong with you people?

  1. #1

    Man, what is wrong with you people?

    Hardcore DX fan here. I've only posted once, as I guess I'm more inclined to just casually glance at the forum looking for news. But I see so much endless bickering and fussing and nit-picking over this game here that more casual fans might think you're all talking about an overcooked turkey rather than a video game.

    No, it's not identical to the original. Yes, it employs some ideas derived from other games. And no, it's probably not going to be perfect -- few games are. But just LOOK at this stuff. Look at it!! It looks friggin' badass, and a hell of a lot more awesome than Invisible War. I'm just happy to see Deus Ex out there again looking as cool as it does. And of course, if it does well -- and it will -- there will likely be more talk of returning to the franchise in the future. Which means more Deus Ex for us!!!

    Really guys, it's gonna be okay. Really. So just.... relax.




  2. #2
    No, it's not identical to the original.

    It's barely the same genre. Who are you trying to convince?

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by booheads
    It's barely the same genre. Who are you trying to convince?
    Don't play it then. Bye!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,362
    There is a lot of negativity here, sure. Apart from some irksome things here and there, and there, and over here, I think it looks quite stunning. I'm feeling upbeat and now eagerly anticipating hearing a bit about how interactive the world is (newspapers, books, random rooms, hundreds of ingame emails and little side stories) but then it doesn't mean I'm going to restrict myself to only talking about what I like about it.

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by aduckworth
    Don't play it then. Bye!
    Oh i won't, im not much into third person action games.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    136
    Originally Posted by booheads
    It's barely the same genre. Who are you trying to convince?
    And you know this from a gameplay video meant to show off only the gunplay how?

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by booheads
    Oh i won't, im not much into third person action games.
    Way to subtly poise yourself above it. A true DX fan.

    So... Dead Space? Mass Effect? Resident Evil 4? Grand Theft Auto? Max Payne? Oblivion? You're right, now that I think about it -- all worthless. Crysis is the pinnacle.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,173
    I SPY WITH MY LITTLE EYE...


    A new guy who doesn't know how the forum works. Some people are displeased, some people aren't.

    also,

    a locked thread.

  9. #9
    C ya!

  10. #10
    >>ohitsthisthreadagainAGAIN.jpg

    Lock please?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,362
    Why don't you stay? It's sometimes fun. Though that largely depends on your definition of fun.

  12. #12

  13. I love the fact that we can easily separate the mature posters from the immature ones by looking at their join date.

    It seems that everyone who's joined the forums within the last two months is approx. 14 years of age and quite possibly EM/Squeenix fanboys.
    Unprofessional: Never calling back David Bateson AFTER you told him he got the part.

  14. #14
    elitism is bad
    I SERVE NONE BUT KORROK
    "It's not the end of the world but it is the end of fine dining"

  15. #15
    Only for non-elitists.

  16. #16
    Originally Posted by hem dazon 90
    elitism is bad
    Pfft, says you! You're just not elite enough to know how great it is. Yup, everything's pretty sweet here in my ivory tower!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,632
    Really? Another thread? Do you think it will get you heard louder? Do you think it will be more meaningful in impact? Did you not notice all the others who started threads, as well as all the others complaining about complainers' complaints in all the other threads? And yet you still managed to miss the point of it all?

  18. #18
    Originally Posted by jtr7
    Really? Another thread? Do you think it will get you heard louder? Do you think it will be more meaningful in impact? Did you not notice all the others who started threads, as well as all the others complaining about complainers' complaints in all the other threads? And yet you still managed to miss the point of it all?
    So, now you're complaining about his complaining about the complainers' complaints?

  19. #19
    Goddamn right I'm a fanboy.

    Also, I'm 26, completely immature, and not afraid to admit it!

    I'll take the opportunity to flaunt my musical skillz too:

    www.freezeetch.com

    Notably there are several DX references in my music.

  20. #20
    Originally Posted by jtr7
    Really? Another thread? Do you think it will get you heard louder? Do you think it will be more meaningful in impact? Did you not notice all the others who started threads, as well as all the others complaining about complainers' complaints in all the other threads? And yet you still managed to miss the point of it all?
    Yep!

  21. #21
    Originally Posted by Fluffis
    So, now you're complaining about his complaining about the complainers' complaints?
    I can't vouch for the others, but I'm glad you and I are having fun.

  22. #22
    Originally Posted by aduckworth
    I can't vouch for the others, but I'm glad you and I are having fun.
    Yeah, I've been negative enough for now. For the next couple of days I'm just going to try to have fun.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,632
    I have to ask all of you who are making threads like this: How much could things be changed, especially those very specific aspects that made you a fan to begin with, before you started to honestly say WTF? How much of a departure of aspects you like can it go before you seriously question why? How much does it have to deviate before you begin to count blessings or make excuses for yourself to find a game within that you can enjoy? How far before you actually can't see it fitting the brand name? When will you notice that no amount of awesomesauce can cover up the bad taste of a gameplay mechanic that a person has never liked in all of video game history that he/she has no option to avoid?

  24. #24
    Originally Posted by aduckworth
    Way to subtly poise yourself above it. A true DX fan.

    So... Dead Space? Mass Effect? Resident Evil 4? Grand Theft Auto? Max Payne? Oblivion? You're right, now that I think about it -- all worthless. Crysis is the pinnacle.

    i'm not a third person fan, however i never said those games suck. Infact i'd say they are amazing for their genre. I simply do not like the genre.

    Deus Ex is a fpsrpg. not a third person action game. Changing the genre all of a sudden will obviously get fans upset.


    wouldn't it?

  25. #25
    Originally Posted by Deus_Ex_Machina
    I love the fact that we can easily separate the mature posters from the immature ones by looking at their join date.

    It seems that everyone who's joined the forums within the last two months is approx. 14 years of age and quite possibly EM/Squeenix fanboys.
    Come on dude, I'm 33 & hardly ever post on here because of all the childishness that goes on. Don't just assume everyone on here is a kid.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last