View Poll Results: What Specifically DON'T You Like About DXHR?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Regenerating Health

49 44.95%
  • 3rd Person View/3rd Person Cover System

67 61.47%
  • Typical Character Archetypes

21 19.27%
  • Shoddy Voice Acting/Dialogue

13 11.93%
  • Takedowns, Takedowns, Takedowns

60 55.05%
  • Lack Of Skills

41 37.61%
  • Cinematics

31 28.44%
  • Other (Please Specify In Post)

8 7.34%
  • This Thread Iz Stoopid! DXHR Iz Better Than DX1!

17 15.60%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What DON'T You Like About DXHR?

What DON'T You Like About DXHR?

*sigh*

I gave it my best.

What about guys with small hands?

Skills were long gone. It's All augs now.

All weapons User skill
    Medical Skill- Health regen
    Hacking Hacking aug
    Lockpicking ?Wall Punch?
    Multitool Hacking aug
    Swimming Environment etc ????

Take downs need to happen faster. If melee were first person I might be able to live with it. 3rd person is killing me
    Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you.

And you know there are typical character archetypes how, again?

Originally Posted by ArcR
    Medical Skill- Health regen
    Hacking Hacking aug
    Lockpicking ?Wall Punch? and Hacking Aug again.
    Multitool Hacking aug
    Swimming Environment etc ???? Maybe Lung Augs...??
    Updated.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Ashpolt
    ...seriously, those takedowns are NANOMACHINES stupid. They'd fit right in in an all out action game, but this is meant to be Deus Ex, and they just scream "15 year olds, please, love me!"
    I loved Deus Ex at age 15 because of the depth and freedom it offered, as well as the unique writing. Don't blame 15-year-olds, blame morons.

Originally Posted by Marses
    And you know there are typical character archetypes how, again?
    "Looks like we got us a boy scout"
    "You done real good to get this far..."

The third person cover concerns me,did you see Adam spinning from cover to cover?

Everytime I look at the third person take downs it felt like watching Rogue Warrior.

But I do admit I liked it when Adam punched out that guard.Even though the game might be successful these things we dislike,well guess we'll have to deal with it.

Originally Posted by KSingh77
    The third person cover concerns me,did you see Adam spinning from cover to cover?

The spinning from cover to cover wasn't wonderful, I'll give you that. But it didn't ruin anything for me. I still felt sneaky and dangerous.
    signature image

Another thing:The bathroom

It looked naasty,I mean who in the world would leave their data pad on the bathroom floor?

It looked naasty,I mean who in the world would leave their data pad on the bathroom floor?
    I've found a PSP in a bathroom
    "Jensen if you even think of using that CASIE aug on me I will hit you." -Malik

I'm glad you brought that up. I LOVED the bathroom (I know this is the wrong thread for love). I was... aroused... by the dude utilizing the urinal. And then, after he reads the datacube, Jensen turns toward the door, only to see the urinal dude leaving. That whole scene felt so alive. So... real. Excellent!
    signature image

Originally Posted by Pinky_Powers
    The spinning from cover to cover wasn't wonderful, I'll give you that. But it didn't ruin anything for me. I still felt sneaky and dangerous.
    Oh, that's going to make a lot of people queasy when we fix the 3rd person "bug".

Imagine spinning in first person.

Oh boy,like a ballerina.

Originally Posted by K^2
    Oh, that's going to make a lot of people queasy when we fix the 3rd person "bug".
    Hopefully EM will do the grunt work. What sucks is that the level design is built around 3rd person snap cover and roll. Maybe they can release 2 version heh.

Originally Posted by K^2
    Ha! Yes, that will be something.
    signature image

Imagine spinning in first person.

Oh boy,like a ballerina.
    Imagine spinning in real life. Any way to pull that off in first person?

First person rolling and takedowns: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm3ebiMXJmM

Srsly! I mean, yeah on top of the urinal or sink? Maybe. But on the nasty piss water floor next to the trash? Nah.

i was about to link mirrors edge videos, thank you

tho i doubt there will be as much movement in DX3 as ME, ME just shows how easily it can be done without going the cheap and popular route of making every franchise into a Third person action game.

The irony of linking Mirror's Edge for a Deus Ex game. Oh, it's delicious.

ok overall i liked everything i saw in gameplay footage, it's just need some minor/major corrections in some aspects. For example i don 't like camera position when you are in third person view. It allows you to see with ease absolutely everything and there is no suspense that enemies will see you. I would prefer camera more close to character so that have near close limited view around corner and if i want to see more, i need to lean out a little bit but that would be a dangerous move because enemies can see me doing that.
    Also, not really third person takedown fan but i can accept those if they smooth them to perfection. Most work needs to be done to transition between fps and tps view because i hate that it cuts out. Camera needs to flyby from Adam's eyes to third person not to cut to third person immediately.
    And one more concern about third person, don 't make eavesdrops as cutscenes. I hate that simple eavesdroping is like cutscene, it takes away a control over character from gamers and makes game more like movie not game. Cinematic approach is good in games but it's better if you leave character control to gamers.

P.S. ou yeah, and i miss skills and lockpicks/multitools. I understand that it all goes in augmentation now but i miss them anyway

Who is complaining about the voice acting?!?! Are you guys nuts. Jensen sounds BAD ASS! He's supposed to sound like that. Tong sounds great and the acting is like they are actually having conversations! Okay, maybe the security guard is a little cheesy

The tech noir aesthetic is so far the only thing I like, I'll probably just go read some cyberpunk instead.

Is it sad that I ticked every single one?

Who chose the last option ?

I think for me currently it's the fear of takedowns mixed with "press A to commence", it might become too context based with all of those "triggers" everywhere and little text telling you can perform some special move.

It's a wonderfully pretty game alright but I hope there's not too much handholding and cinematics involved.
    I think it kinda takes you out of the character, especially if you're the sneaky kind.

Originally Posted by Kodaemon
    Third person is the main concern right now.
    This. From what I've seen in the video the switch between perspectives looks awkward. There is a noticable lag before the perspective shifts. It seems to snap into place quite abruptly when it does switch. As it stands now this is anything but smooth. Now, this might be polished in the actual game, but I can't shake the feeling that this is how it is going to remain.

3rd Person cover is my other concern from the video. Because one level was a dockyard I find it hard to say that all levels will be studded with waist-high barriers. Though I must say I was happy to see a lot of man-high barriers as well. My problem with the 3rd person is that you get a much larger field of view IN cover than you get OUT of cover. Zoom that camera in all the way on Adam's face so that you can just see past a corner. If you want to view more than you need to make Adam walk to the edge of the cover and make him peer out of it. This exposes you to detection. As the cover stands now it is grossly overpowered. You can survey almost the entire battlefield while having no chance of being detected.

Originally Posted by TrickyVein
    The take-downs aren't so concerning. If I could see any one of them through AJ's eyes and not disembodied from the character, I would be stunned.
    My biggest problem with the take-downs was that some where wholly unnecessary. The KO-punch one shouldn't go into 3rd person. It would have a bigger impact viewed from 1st person. Something like the Icarus Landing System or the Claymore use the 3rd person well. EM needs to be more selective in deciding what needs and doesn't need the 3rd person.

On the whole the trailer used the take-downs almost non-stop. Understandable because they need to show this off. I'm wondering how often we could actually do something like this in the game. They need to balance the pip-system quite well to avoid having this feature becoming easy-mode. I use easy mode because during the use of the Claymore Adam was shot and the screen didn't react. During take-downs Adam is apparently invulnerable.

Originally Posted by [tag]
    Health Regen is not in the lead? What the hell?
    Health regen is not shown in the leaked footage. Since they said they were including healing items I guess people are hoping that the HR system might not be as annoying as previously thought.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Page 2 of 5 First First 12345 Last