Thread: "THE HIVE" - Buzzing with Random Activity! General Chat Thread

"THE HIVE" - Buzzing with Random Activity! General Chat Thread

I'd be quite curious to see a vid of yourself doing just that.

Proof or it didn't happen!

Inception was bloody amazing! Everyone should be pleased to know, it was just as stunning in thoughts and plot as it was in visuals. This movie instantaneously jumped way up there on my list of all-time favorites.

Damn fine flick!
    signature image

Hear hear!
    Qu'est-ce que

Just got back from the theater. Inception was fun and the opening & closing were well crafted. It took advantage of some plot elements to deliver some great visual scenes. The only negative is that this film was grossly overrated by everyone who told me about it. It was not amazing let alone mind blowing. I wish I had waited for the DVD release and had seen Predators instead.
    Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you.

Originally Posted by ArcR
    Just got back from the theater. Inception was fun and the opening & closing were well crafted. It took advantage of some plot elements to deliver some great visual scenes. The only negative is that this film was grossly overrated by everyone who told me about it. It was not amazing let alone mind blowing. I wish I had waited for the DVD release and had seen Predators instead.
    Even if it's overrated, it would still fall several levels higher than Predators, and you know it.
    signature image

What I know, Pinky, is that I was sold on a mind blowing movie. The Matrix of the 2010 decade. It fell short. I'm guessing that Predators would have been more entertaining in that moment. It doesn't change the fact that it is more sophisticated that Predators. I'd strongly recommend it to anyone who missed out on the awesome films that came out 10 years ago. I'd tell everyone else to wait for DVD.

It simply has more value for you than me.
    Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you.

Inception was good but debating the ending will make you feel like this guy

I SERVE NONE BUT KORROK
    "It's not the end of the world but it is the end of fine dining"

Inception is the best post-2000 film I've seen yet (and Nolan's best IMO), and it has to be one of the most complex films in the history of cinema. It's well structured and has a nice pace which constantly keeps you in the midst of the action and suspense. I'd give it a 9/10.

SPOILER:

Is this the same level of hype that (temporarily) made The Dark Knight the highest rated movie on imdb?

Most likely. I haven't seen it yet, personally, but my theory is that movies suck so bad lately (post-Episode I) that when anything good comes out people hail it as the best ever because of the contrast/lack of film watching experience/short memory span.
    "The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass."

I keep hearing that theory but in my opinion there are lots of good movies coming out every year, it's just that they're usually not international blockbusters. Nolan makes good movies but I believe that his epic box office success has a lot to do with powerful marketing. There are many other (active) directors / auteurs who'd deserve more recognition than he does.

Originally Posted by [tag]
    Most likely. I haven't seen it yet, personally, but my theory is that movies suck so bad lately (post-Episode I) that when anything good comes out people hail it as the best ever because of the contrast/lack of film watching experience/short memory span.
    This may be one of the most elegant explanations of the matter I have ever seen.
    "Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." G'Kar, Babylon 5.

I'd say this film actually lives up to it's hype (unlike *blegh* "The Dark Knight"). Inception is very refreshing, dealing with intricate concepts that many directors are either afraid to use or are trying to avoid it because of its complex nature. I highly recommend it. Of course it's not the best film ever made, but I believe it's a gem nonetheless and that it will be recognised as one in the future. This is Nolan returning to his roots (remember, back when he made brilliant films like "Memento") and not just some Hollywood eye candy.

Just so you know, I've watched and enjoyed films from all decades over the last century.

Eyefinity on DXHR

I'm hoping DXHR is "Eyefinity" ready. I just started playing the original Deux Ex using my Eyefinity system. Here are some screenshots. Click on them if you dare to see close to full size resolution.

Maybe I'm crazy and maybe its cuz I haven't seen it but I think inception sounds vastly overrated. From what I hear it's about a man who goes into another mans mind and then goes through several other levels of dreams in this "mind" and at the end your left wondering wether he wasnt dreaming the whole time and in fact wether or not your just dreaming. This sounds like stuff I've seen atleast 3 times in the twilight zone/outerlimits. Besides that it also sounds alot like a mere elaboration on the classical brain in a jar theory. Again maybe I'm crazy and maybe its cuz I haven't seen it.
    I am Parado! God of opposites, contradictions and paradoxes!

Originally Posted by luminar
    Maybe I'm crazy and maybe its cuz I haven't seen it but I think inception sounds vastly overrated. From what I hear it's about a man who goes into another mans mind and then goes through several other levels of dreams in this "mind" and at the end your left wondering wether he wasnt dreaming the whole time and in fact wether or not your just dreaming. This sounds like stuff I've seen atleast 3 times in the twilight zone/outerlimits. Besides that it also sounds alot like a mere elaboration on the classical brain in a jar theory. Again maybe I'm crazy and maybe its cuz I haven't seen it.

98.4% of all movies are mindless entertainment. The reason Inception has done so well is because it's one of the very few movies that causes viewers to concentrate and think about what is happening. It's a puzzle. That's also one of the reasons the original Deus Ex game was so good.

...and, it's not confusing at all whether or not the "whole thing is a dream" as you mention.

It's complicated, but not meant to confuse you. That's what I liked about it - it is a big puzzle. The more you think about it, the more you see it working in many different ways.
    Qu'est-ce que

Inception really bored me.

._.
    "It would appear to be severe head trauma." ... "From what?"
    "Multiple Face-Palming..."

Originally Posted by AaronJ
    New screenshot

Reminds me of The 'Ton. Delicious.
    its one of my favorite screenshots

Any word on community guy? I'm starting to go cold turkey, need my PR fix.

Originally Posted by Corpus
    Any word on community guy? I'm starting to go cold turkey, need my PR fix.
    PR-Guy was coming "soon". we all know what "soon" means around here. Even if there is a new PR-Guy I wouldn't expect to be suddenly inundated with PR news.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

I think we're going to get a CG trailer of the new PR Guy sometime soon. Or a teaser picture of the teaser trailer to the CG trailer of the PR Guy.

Originally Posted by deus ex fan
    its one of my favorite screenshots
    Seconded.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Originally Posted by Irate Iguana
    PR-Guy was coming "soon". we all know what "soon" means around here. Even if there is a new PR-Guy I wouldn't expect to be suddenly inundated with PR news.
    Still its nice to hear a voice from inside once in a while.

Page 13 of 103 First First ... 3910111213141516172363 ... Last