Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: Fanfilm "Batman: City of Scars" Release tonight at Midnight

Fanfilm "Batman: City of Scars" Release tonight at Midnight

Fanfilm "Batman: City of Scars" Release tonight at Midnight

The highly anticipated fanfilm "Batman: City of Scars" will be released tonight at midnight
    on dailymotion.com.

When the Joker escapes from Arkham and murders the parents of a young boy, Batman recalls the pain of losing his own parents as a child. He is pushed past his limits to the point where his focus becomes revenge on all who stand in his way, including many of Gotham’s underworld. Finally, Batman is forced to look at the psychological profile of his own mind and except the consequences of his life to find resolve.

I've seen from a lot of the on set pictures (which are at http://www.youtube.com/batinthesun) the movie's appearance draws a lot from the same art style that Batman: Arkham Asylum drew from. It's dark and interesting, with fantastic color, and Batman looks completely in his element.

PS: I'm sorry for the new post about this mods, but this really is more of a new thread deserving. If you have to, just lock all other threads or unify this one with another.
    Note to my neighbors, those rumblings you heard earlier was not an earthquake, I now have nuclear power.

Wow,Maniac,do you know the Schoenkes?Because this was phenomenal,and some might call me crazy,but this is one of my favorite Batman films.My advice:the 30-Minute run time is just about perfect for a pilot,And if they could do this with a limited budget,I'd die to see what batinthesun could pull off with a major studios(Warner Bros.)Backing.The bottom line is that with B3 coming out in 2012,Warner probably won't do another series for a few years,and they're going to need something to spotlight the character during that gap.I think a tv show like this would be just the thing,as I said,amazing.

Edit:P.S.Love the authenticity,and it left me wondering,where did the Ferrari come from!?!
    signature image

That was borrowed from an owner and given back. Credits list who the lucky owner was.
    Note to my neighbors, those rumblings you heard earlier was not an earthquake, I now have nuclear power.

What part did you play in making the film,Maniac?
    signature image

I'm listed under special thanks, however you wouldn't know it, they used my "real" name, lol.

I helped with the compression so it could have a web debut with good quality picture but also good performance, even in HD.

Cool,Have the Shoenkes ever tried getting their stuff into a studio like WB?
    signature image

Lol, I don't know. Any studios watching the movie yet? It's got 500 hits in less than an hour, and it's the middle of the night.

Yeah,loved the batcycle as well.
    signature image

I am speechless. That was the perfect Batman movie. I have to admit, I liked that more than any Hollywood produced Batfilm. Aaron Schoenke has some amazing talent, and Kevin Porter as Batman was just perfect.

They have to send this into WB. Once the Nolan trilogy is done, they're going to need someone else to reboot the Batman film franchise, so I think the Schoenkes should do it.
    Batman: Arkham Asylum Hype Trailer
    "I'll never let you win, Joker... Never"

I still think a TV show would be better.
    signature image

Originally Posted by EliteF50
    I am speechless. That was the perfect Batman movie. I have to admit, I liked that more than any Hollywood produced Batfilm. Aaron Schoenke has some amazing talent, and Kevin Porter as Batman was just perfect.

They have to send this into WB. Once the Nolan trilogy is done, they're going to need someone else to reboot the Batman film franchise, so I think the Schoenkes should do it.
    I'm happy you enjoyed the movie. Feel free to spread the word!

Well... that was pretty damn cool. :0
    And this is coming from a guy who's done nothing but cringe at any Bat-fan films, Yeah, all of batinthesun's work aswell. But I gotta say, that was pretty great! Everything, the joker, batmans costume (Always hard to pull off, I'm impressed that they can make grey suit look menacing and badass on film)
    ( I know it's their continuity, but it just leaves me all like ugh inside) My personal gripe aside, everything was totally epic..

NOW GO MAKE KNIGHTFALL!!!

That was awesome, doesn't seem to be many haters now haha
    W.W.B.D. What Would Batman Do?

That was pretty awesome. I think if there's one thing, Batman's voice over maybe could have had more punch to it (not in his delivery, in the sound mixing). Other than that, good work. And I don't see that you can't
    This is like a graphic novel coming to life and in graphic novels, sometimes
    To deny them the ability to end it like they did, Jack, would be to deny them the ability to tell the story they wanted to tell with Batman. This is their story of an older Batman coming to grips with the fact he hasn't been able to stop the madness he set out to. Let them explore that scenario to the fullest, if they want.

Edit: Oh, and the theme song, City of Scars, was excellent.

Jack, I agree

Lol, the Joker reminded me of Michael Jackson in some parts of the movie, especially with the kid. :P

So far the movie is ok I guesse.

Really,when you think about it,the film seemed almost like a modern retelling of the joker's story in TDKR.I mean think about it,the outfit,the carnival,and ultimately:
    ,it essentially was it's own story,but you could definitely see some nods,and that enhanced the experience IMO.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Maniac
    I'm happy you enjoyed the movie. Feel free to spread the word!
    Oh I will! Every Batfan needs to watch this masterpiece. I can't believe how perfect Kevin Porter was for Batman. The voice sounded kinda like Kevin Conroy, he was built like Batman for sure, and his movements were so spot on!

Why hasn't he played Batman in a Hollywood film yet? Also, this is proof a spandex suit would look great in a live action film.

Originally Posted by The Hylden
    That was pretty awesome. I think if there's one thing, Batman's voice over maybe could have had more punch to it (not in his delivery, in the sound mixing).
    I really liked the voice. He sounded a lot better than Keaton, Clooney, Kilmer, and Bale.
    Batman: Arkham Asylum Hype Trailer
    "I'll never let you win, Joker... Never"

I think when I first saw pictures of this project I laughed it off as another lame attempt but I must say, that was brilliant.
    I just hope future movies will be as good as this and I pray these guys get approached to do a live action batman show, that would be amazing.
    Butttt I only have one small problem, the bat symbol looks silly :/ haha
    You've all got it wrong, it's 'I couldn't care less' not 'I could care less'.

I liked the Bat symbol,I think it seemed more like the webbing of an actual bat,also I thought it was brilliant how they factored the design into the
    signature image

That was really good. I mean REALLY good.

Originally Posted by batfan08
    I liked the Bat symbol,I think it seemed more like the webbing of an actual bat,also I thought it was brilliant how they factored the design into the
    Yeah that almost sold it for me. I still prefer the traditional logo though.

This isn't showing up for me!I was on Dailymotion,pressed play,and then it was jsut blackness!HELP!!!

Pretty sure its on Youtube as well.

Only the pics are on youtube.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last