Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Story Discussions

Story Discussions

I don't think it matters that you are a keyblade master, you have to be the keyblade master that inherited the place. Otherwise Master Eraquas would have said except all keyblade masters instead of except you Aqua or something like that. It was confirmed by Nomura in an interview that Xehanort knows where it is and was looking for it because he knows that Ven is there and wants to find him. I guess the mystery is how he knows since Terra didn't know that Ven was there so he couldn't have known from Terra's memories and the same goes for MX. He would have found out after became Terra-nort but the only way to find out by himself would be to see Ven there and we know he hasn't found Ven yet. Xehanort had to have found out where Ven was from a person, but who would have known where Ven was and have been willing to tell Xehanort? Any ideas? (BTW, itsn't it kind of funny that 90% of the confirmed info that we know comes from interviews and not the games themselves?)

It's actually kind of annoying if you ask me, I'd rather learn this stuff in game, rather than by reading some interviews. Anyway, Xehanort wouldn't have had to learn about Ven being there from a person, he could have deduced it from the fact that he couldn't find Ven, Aqua wouldn't have left Ven, who had ripped his own heart apart in order to stop Venitas, and the world of departure had turned into castle oblivion, or maybe he did learn it from someone, or rather, something. Remember that Xehanort still has Aqua's armor, and if Terra's armor is anything to go by, then it's possible that a part of Aqua's conciousness was inside her armor, so he could have gotten the information out of it, after all, he was able to partially reanimate it, or at least, that's what it looked like in that one cutscene from KH2FM.

Yeah, a little bit but in my opinion Nomura's interviews are rather interesting so it's not that much of a dificulty to read them. Anybody else's and I wouldn't bother. It would be a lot better if we could learn it in-game but I suppose there is only so much info you can cram into a game and Nomura wants us to "use our imaginations" :b (He say that statement, or variations of that statement in almost all of his interviews, sometimes multiple times) Hmm, Xehanort is certainly smart enough to figure that out and could be true about the conciousness thing, unless Xehanort likes to go around and ramdomly talk to sets of armour. Do you think that Master Eraqus's heart is still helping Terra fight Xemnas? I also just had a thought. If it's true that Nomura didn't have a concept of death planned for the KH series and isn't planning on having anyone actually die, do you think that Master Eraqus is going to come back in KH3 when Terra is rescued?

With that, I really don't know. Master Eraqus was weakened by Terra and then "struck down" (in Aqua's words) by Master Xehanort. Honestly he might not come back but we'll see what happens. And another thing about Master Xehanort, I've grown out of calling him "Master" anymore because he's fallen from grace than the other Keyblade Masters but he's still a master as there were Keyblade Masters of darkness and I will accept that. But as for Master Eraqus, I don't think he's gonna come back at all but hopefully he will because I read somewhere that he did leave a part of his heart within Terra and that was also a reason why Master Xehanort couldn't fully take control of Terra's body during their confrontation.

Actually, it's Terra's heart that Xehanort couldn't take full control of, although, come to think about it, it did seem like there was some part of Terra still in his body, but it wasn't enough to stop Xehanort from going through with his evil schemes. But still, it's totally possible that Terra and Master Eraqus could come back if they win Terra's heart back from Xehanort, but then again, they could both lose, leaving the heart to take physical form and become Xehanorts 13th vessal, or maybe both, Xehanort could take control, then Sora, or whoever, could beat that incarnation of Xehanort and release Terra and Eraqus from his control. There are several ways that this could turn out, so I'm not even sure where to begin.

I agree with most that is being said except that it gives all the hints to what goes on in TWTNW, you just have to put it together yourself. The biggest hint you get in when Riku actually points out he's no longer in the dream worlds, but he still has the sigil on his back because Sora is still sleeping, so esentially he is now in the real world, but has the capabilities of the dream eaters still, which also leads to explain why Xehanort and his 'vessels' were able to be there as well as Lea and Mickey. If anyone one here has more questions I would love to help answer, I study Kingdom Hearts as if it were a college class XD

Same here, although I try to figure things out purely by playing the game (and watching the cutscenes from the final mixes on youtube), so I sometimes miss the stuff that is said in the interviews and Ultimanias. Regardless, if anyone is confused on some point, I'd love to talk your ear off about any thoughts, theories, facts, and/or oppionions I happen to have on the subject.

So guys, I know by now most of us have either had the good fortune to be able to play the game, or had the misfortune to have accidentally spoiled it for yourself. Either way, I'm sure most of you on this site have seen the ending and understand most of it, despite how unnecessarily confusing it is. I myself am hopelessly stumpted on one part in particular: (MAJOR SPOILERS ahead if you're one of the chosen few to have avoided the ending for this long) Sora's story during his time in The World that Never Was, specifically why his clothes keep changing from his Kingdom Hearts 2 attire to his Kingdom Hearts 3D attire. I've searched and searched, but no guide or walkthrough or review even goes so far as to mention that this happens. I feel like it's something that people are overlooking or maybe writing off as a "glitch," like how I originally reacted to Xion's bipolar hood in 358/2 Days. Why does he appear in one form and then in another so rapidly? And in addition to that, the visions he has of Namine, Xion, Roxas, Terra, and Aqua are maddeningly confusing. Sora is being tricked into proceeding further and further into the darkness, and all these characters show up and seem to edge him even further in. Why would they do that? Of course, the only explanation I can come up with is that they are only illusions cast by Xehanort but his talk with Roxas seemed so sincere, and like something only Roxas would say to Sora. But then, why did Roxas tell Sora he wasn't dreaming? It must've been a fake Roxas trap set by Xehanort. But what about Roxas' memories that got moved into Sora? I really can't figure out what was happening at all in this world. Someone please make some sense out of it for me.

Well, for starters, Sora's (and Riku's for that matter) KH3D clothes are based on their dream selves, probably indicating that they still think of themselves as kids, so Sora being in his KH2 clothes could indicate that he's either close to waking up, or that you're seeing his body outside of the dream worlds (As for why Riku kept his dream world clothes in the world that never was, well, he was still acting as a dream eater for Sora, so that probably explains it, although how he kept his dream world powers in the waking world, I have no idea.). Anyway, about Sora's interactions with the other characters in his dreams, well, like you said, a lot of it was probably Xehanort manipulating him, but that doesn't mean that him talking to Roxas wasn't real as well, I mean, if Sora believed that it wasn't a dream, then Roxas, being inside Sora, probably believed it as well, and remember, the darkness took control of Roxas' armor that was protecting Sora's heart, so there's a chance that Xehanort was able to influence, if not outright manipulate, what Roxas belived at the time. I honestly don't have the answers you're looking for, but I hope these theories help, or at least make some sense out of the confusion.

Originally Posted by Ryutim

Well, for starters, Sora's (and Riku's for that matter) KH3D clothes are based on their dream selves, probably indicating that they still think of themselves as kids, so Sora being in his KH2 clothes could indicate that he's either close to waking up, or that you're seeing his body outside of the dream worlds (As for why Riku kept his dream world clothes in the world that never was, well, he was still acting as a dream eater for Sora, so that probably explains it, although how he kept his dream world powers in the waking world, I have no idea.). Anyway, about Sora's interactions with the other characters in his dreams, well, like you said, a lot of it was probably Xehanort manipulating him, but that doesn't mean that him talking to Roxas wasn't real as well, I mean, if Sora believed that it wasn't a dream, then Roxas, being inside Sora, probably believed it as well, and remember, the darkness took control of Roxas' armor that was protecting Sora's heart, so there's a chance that Xehanort was able to influence, if not outright manipulate, what Roxas belived at the time. I honestly don't have the answers you're looking for, but I hope these theories help, or at least make some sense out of the confusion.

Definitely this. Furthermore, from Chain of Memories we learned how memories themselves can absolutely change the variables of a heart. Given that Sora is within the Dream World and that dreams can influence memory (Deja Vu, dreams feeling so life-like and normal that they might have happened), it's highly plausible that seeing Terra and Aqua illicited those memories which would cause him further turmoil. Xehanort most likely exacerbated those emotions even further, though it would be plausible that the power of Sora remembering Aqua, Ventus, and Terra from their contacting his heart from many years ago could definitely draw him further to find out who exactly they are in his heart.

Yeah I could see that being the case, thanks guys! I wish I knew why they made it so random and confusing when it didn't have to be.

I hear ya, I mean, I love the complexity of the KH storyline, but complexity isn't the same thing as randomness, and a rapid burst of totally random seeming input really doesn't help things along. Well, hopefully they'll give some explination why these things were shown and how they make sense, but until then, we'll just have to wait and wonder.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12