Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Story Discussions

Story Discussions

I have a question about the story. One simple question: what the hell is going on!? It all seems hunky dory up until The World that Never Was and then all of the sudden a million twists come at once. The most confusing ones are concerning Riku. Sora seems to be pretty straightforward: back in time to the raft, goes on the raft with Riku, fights a time-travelling Ursula, opens the sleeping keyhole on Destiny Islands to prevent it from getting stuck in sleep, then he goes into the Realm of Sleep, wakes up each world, gets to TWTNW and gets knocked out by Xigbar and the rest of that level is his dreams (though why you're still able to return to the other worlds is still odd), or at least that's what I get out of it.

But then they throw in Riku saying he's a Dream Eater and he dove into Sora's dreams and that the journey's been Sora's dreams... so what the hell is going on with Riku? Did he go inside Sora's head? Then what about the worlds he visits? Why can he meet Joshua? Seriously, could we get a straight, simple timeline of events beginning to middle to end? Traditional storytelling and with all the details pointed out at the exact moment they happened? Because I'm seriously confused, and I was able to figure out every other Kingdom Hearts game (more or less).

Originally Posted by ElliotWilliams
    I have a question about the story. One simple question: what the hell is going on!? It all seems hunky dory up until The World that Never Was and then all of the sudden a million twists come at once. The most confusing ones are concerning Riku. Sora seems to be pretty straightforward: back in time to the raft, goes on the raft with Riku, fights a time-travelling Ursula, opens the sleeping keyhole on Destiny Islands to prevent it from getting stuck in sleep, then he goes into the Realm of Sleep, wakes up each world, gets to TWTNW and gets knocked out by Xigbar and the rest of that level is his dreams (though why you're still able to return to the other worlds is still odd), or at least that's what I get out of it.

But then they throw in Riku saying he's a Dream Eater and he dove into Sora's dreams and that the journey's been Sora's dreams... so what the hell is going on with Riku? Did he go inside Sora's head? Then what about the worlds he visits? Why can he meet Joshua? Seriously, could we get a straight, simple timeline of events beginning to middle to end? Traditional storytelling and with all the details pointed out at the exact moment they happened? Because I'm seriously confused, and I was able to figure out every other Kingdom Hearts game (more or less).

I will try to explain. In the beginning of the game you are at the destiny islands and you fight a version of ersula. this was all the doing of the Organization. now as they unlock the lock Riku enters sora's dream worlds. Which are really locked in Sora's heart. This is partly what they are referring to when they say that the hearts of children recreated the worlds and could not be snuffed out by darkness. They also say the sora's heart is a prison, Which is where the worlds are being shelterd as they sleep. that is why riku is going to the same worlds but apart from sora becasue is is just another level in. That is why they are close but never together. And it also explains why riku is a dream eater. because in this level he is just the dream of sora's. The fact that they can return to the other worlds isn't invalid because they are still in the dreams of sora. The reason that joshua is able to go back and forth between the two dreams is becasue of the special nature of traverse town. Traverse town has its own special rules because it is a world that only comes into existance when a person is stranded among worlds, otherwise it doesn't really exist so a portal could exist there. Two resonating worlds that shouldnt exist... I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. The reason then that Riku was able to find Sora is because Sora had been forced to go into that second level of dreams which logically would have been the same level that riku had been in all along. Mickey had been able to go in because he had already been deemed a master which would have given him the ability to go into the dream worlds. As for axel or Lea, they indirectly make it sound like it was an extreem challenge for him to get there... And considering he has keyblade potential I'llgive them the benefit of the doubt, If the organization members can get into his dreams then so should he be able to as well.

What else can I try to explain.

Originally Posted by tidusforeverx2

I will try to explain. In the beginning of the game you are at the destiny islands and you fight a version of ersula. this was all the doing of the Organization. now as they unlock the lock Riku enters sora's dream worlds. Which are really locked in Sora's heart. This is partly what they are referring to when they say that the hearts of children recreated the worlds and could not be snuffed out by darkness. They also say the sora's heart is a prison, Which is where the worlds are being shelterd as they sleep. that is why riku is going to the same worlds but apart from sora becasue is is just another level in. That is why they are close but never together. And it also explains why riku is a dream eater. because in this level he is just the dream of sora's. The fact that they can return to the other worlds isn't invalid because they are still in the dreams of sora. The reason that joshua is able to go back and forth between the two dreams is becasue of the special nature of traverse town. Traverse town has its own special rules because it is a world that only comes into existance when a person is stranded among worlds, otherwise it doesn't really exist so a portal could exist there. Two resonating worlds that shouldnt exist... I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. The reason then that Riku was able to find Sora is because Sora had been forced to go into that second level of dreams which logically would have been the same level that riku had been in all along. Mickey had been able to go in because he had already been deemed a master which would have given him the ability to go into the dream worlds. As for axel or Lea, they indirectly make it sound like it was an extreem challenge for him to get there... And considering he has keyblade potential I'llgive them the benefit of the doubt, If the organization members can get into his dreams then so should he be able to as well.

That's barely helpful. Where's Sora then?

Originally Posted by tidusforeverx2

That's barely helpful. Where's Sora then?

Sora is in level 1 dream until the end in which he enters level two of his dreams, which is where Riku is. In the process of them entering the dream worlds Ersula's presence is the result of the nightmare that the organization caused when they invaded his dreams.

Kingdom Hearts-ception. Hopefully we'll get some supplemental information sooner or later.

Kingdom Hearts-ception. Hopefully we'll get some supplemental information sooner or later.

I doubt it since i dont see them returing to the sleeping worlds in the next installment, i guess its possible but im betting against it.

Supplemental material would be things like an interview or an Ultimania. Not really sure how I feel about them essentially adapting Inception. Makes my head hurt, like an AI with a logical paradox.

I have a hunch they don't even know what they are talking about. Pretty much ala Worldcraft.

Story Discussions

Is anyone about ready to through everything they have Kingdom hearts in the trash? Cuz I am...
    Cant believe Sora dies / goes in a deep sleeps I mean I can believe it! Sora's my hero and I bet hes a hero to many others as well...

Whats your prospective on the ending?

But Riku defeats Armored Ventus Nightmare which wakes Sora up. Even though Sora isn't deemed a keyblade master at least he's still alive (err, awake lol)

Well it'ssuppose to be the other way around sora is suppose to have the puriest heart and not get swallowed up by darkness I really don't like how they turned it around its sad and is he gonna turn out to be another terra urggg urggg urgggg so many questions and I haven't even finished the game!!!

Maybe you should finish the game first before you rage against the KH series. I'm not gonna spoil anything since you haven't finished the game yet.

Originally Posted by DrEaMeR :D

Well it'ssuppose to be the other way around sora is suppose to have the puriest heart and not get swallowed up by darkness I really don't like how they turned it around its sad and is he gonna turn out to be another terra urggg urggg urgggg so many questions and I haven't even finished the game!!!

...Dude, you need to chill out. Come back when you've finished the game, please.

First of all I'm not against the game I would never be against the game! And I have finished the game I just really don't like how they turned the idea of the characters around i mean it feels like soras really slipping....

I don't understand how you can think that Sora's slipping at all... If anything, he seems happy that Riku passed and he didn't...

Dang, awesome explanation there, Orichalcum +! I didn't remember that quote, but you're right there. Personally, I really liked the way things turned out--someone other than Sora got to be the hero for once, and it redeemed Riku and made me laugh in the process. He's not slipping, Sora did the same thing he has done multiple times before: screwed up and essentially made Riku pick up the slack...for, what? This makes it the third time in the series? He did the same thing in KH1 with the raft, as well as CoM, which had him out of commission for a YEAR. Compared to CoM, at least this save was relatively quick. It's not like he got posessed, or turned into a Heartless or anything...well, at least, as far as we know right now. XD

Honestly it's realistic, too. Bad crap happens to good people...and he should have listened to Riku--he TRIED to tell him to wake up.

Originally Posted by Winter_Cherry
    Dang, awesome explanation there, Orichalcum +! I didn't remember that quote, but you're right there. Personally, I really liked the way things turned out--someone other than Sora got to be the hero for once, and it redeemed Riku and made me laugh in the process. He's not slipping, Sora did the same thing he has done multiple times before: screwed up and essentially made Riku pick up the slack...for, what? This makes it the third time in the series? He did the same thing in KH1 with the raft, as well as CoM, which had him out of commission for a YEAR. Compared to CoM, at least this save was relatively quick. It's not like he got posessed, or turned into a Heartless or anything...well, at least, as far as we know right now. XD

Honestly it's realistic, too. Bad crap happens to good people...and he should have listened to Riku--he TRIED to tell him to wake up.

i don't think it nessasary to say stuff like that but if you insist...

Originally Posted by Winter_Cherry

Even though Riku is still the hero, Sora is the one that has to save all those connected to his heart. Even though he didn't become a keyblade master, he's still gonna aim for that goal and I believe that he'll be able to do it when he gets back from his training.

Yeah, sora will definately become a keyblade master eventually. Anyway, was anyone here actually surprised by the secret movie? Cause honestly, it was pretty obvious to me, I mean, everyone who's ever finished KH2 knew that it was gonna happen.

*Spoilers*

When I counted off the seven keyblade wielders who would protect the light, I first thought that it was gonna be Sora, Riku, Kairi (seriously, she was in my initial count, what's so secret about that?), Ventus, Aqua, Terra (I thought that his heart would somehow come back, especially since he was in two secret movies, in one he was talking to Xehanort inside of his [Terra's] heart, and Xehanort said something about master Eraqus, which implied that he had done something to make sure that Terra would keep his heart [although I'm not sure what, it seemed like he gave Terra his light, or else put some part of his heart into Terra's to protect him, the same way Sora did to help Ventus, or else put his entire heart into him, I'm not sure, it's all kinda confusing.], and then there was the secret movie that had Terra standing right next to Ven, both at the land of departure, I mean, it seems kinda wrong to not have him as one of the group after seeing that.), and mickey, of course, although I'd thought that Xion would be part of the group, or possibly Roxas, but they're both in Sora, so he pretty much counts for all of them, I guess. Anyway, making Lee a keyblade wielder was a bit of a curve ball for me, but it's not really that surprising since there's already a keyblade based on his chakrams (the surprise was that he doesn't use the bond of flame keyblade, although the one he uses actually looks a hell of a lot cooler, metaforically speaking, since the blade looks like a curving spurt of flame [the handle still looks like one of his chakrams though].). Anyway, I really hope that we get to play as Kairi and Lee in the next game, after all, Sora, Riku, Mickey, and Aqua are all experienced keyblade wielders, and the same goes for Ventus, although he's a bit out of practice after sleeping for more than a decade, so it'd be really cool to play through whatever challenges Kairi and Lee have to go through to hone their new skills (Lee may already be an experienced fighter, but he's still new to the keyblade, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch to start the game with him at level 1, but the same can't really be said for Sora or Riku, it only made sense because they needed to learn how to fight in an entirely new playing field, so to speak, and I don't think they can make up a new reality to fight in every time they want to make a new KH game, and of course, we can't start out the game as super powerful level 99 characters, and they can't make powerful characters weak again without a good explination about why they're weak again, or else put them up against creatures that are so powerful as to make them seem like level 1 characters again, and that'd make it so that the weaker characters couldn't fight them. I think I've gone on long enough, I'll stop talking now.).

Originally Posted by Kwando!
    I don't understand how you can think that Sora's slipping at all... If anything, he seems happy that Riku passed and he didn't...
    That's true, but is there a chance that Master Yen will make Sora a full-fledged Keyblade Master before the Keyblade War is over????

*Spoilers*

That's certainly a possibility, but I don't think it really matters. "Keyblade Master" is just a title, and while it comes with some privilaged information, that's not really something that Sora would bother with, and Riku can handle it in any case. Actually, now that I think about it, why doesn't Xehanort know how to unlock the room of awakening (the chamber of waking, or whatever you call it)? Even if he couldn't remember how to open it before, there shouldn't be anything stopping him from getting to it now, and since Ven is still sleeping in there, it's probably gonna be Xehanorts first target, unless that info is only something that the successor gets to know, or maybe Castle Oblivion can only be changed back with master Eraqus' keyblade, and since Aqua still has it, Xehanort would have to get it from her before he could get to Ven.

When the Land of Departure was locked and turned into Castle Oblivion measures to protect it from people who would use the neutral ground it was on for evil purposes and to keep anyone from finding out its true nature were activated. Everyone who visited was also supposed to die or never leave or something, although Sora, Donald, and Goofy left, along with Namine, Diz, and the Organization members who only visited and weren't stationed there (with the exception of Lea) so I'm not sure how well the last part worked. "... all who visit this land will be lost to oblivion, none ever able to solve the mystery except you, Aqua". (The last part of that sentence might not be worded exactly right but I know the first part is because I watched the end of BBS a whole bunch of times. All of the dialogue is practically engraved in my brain.) Only Aqua can find the Chamber of Awakening and put Castle Oblivion back to it's regular form. She inherited the Land of Departure and Master Eraquas's keyblade after he dies and he revealed the secrets of the LoD after she became a master. All of this is why Xehanort couldn't even find the Chamber of Awakening, let alone unlock it.

I suppose it makes sense, just as long as it can only be unlocked by the one who locked it in the first place, but remember, Xehanort was a keyblade master too, so unless it's only something that the Successor is taught, he should at least have known about it, which I guess he did, or else why would he have had the organization members searching the place?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last