View Poll Results: Which platform would you most likely get DX:HR for?

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • Microsoft Windows - Store Bought DVD

115 58.38%
  • Microsoft Windows - Download

40 20.30%
  • Sony Playstation 3

15 7.61%
  • Microsoft Xbox 360

27 13.71%

Thread: Which platform would you most likely get DX:HR for?

Which platform would you most likely get DX:HR for?

Originally Posted by Sotsiak
    I am not the one who will answer to your question, because you didn't quote me.
    But a fair warning, if you continue to reply like that and poisoning threads, we will not see your posts for much longer.
    i dont really care, i am fed up of reading all these posts by these stupid pc elitists mugs.

Check your PM box... the rest is up to you.
    I never make a polite request twice, so I hope you will do what I asked you to do.
    If not, I'll do it myself and you're outta here. Job done.

All up to you now...
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Yeahh...there was no real need for that ''only platform it should be played on'' rubbish, or Tez's response. Anyway, 360 for me, i've always had terrible computers and I don't really have the money for upgrades, 360 just makes it a pretty simple process.
    "Every war is the result of a difference of opinion. Maybe the biggest questions can only be answered by the greatest of conflicts." - JC Denton

And here it is.

from Steam, if the game it's worth.

Originally Posted by Kodaemon
    Instead, I'll mention how Valve's recent update broke half of the mods for Source-based games. Yay for messy bloatware!
    Wow, you think Steam sucks because of an engine update to a classic game?

Valve have repeatedly stated that it was completely the modders' responsibilities to ensure that their mods are updated to use the most recent engine files.

I may not know the specifics, but I do know that it's not Valve's fault and Steam does not "suck" because of the update.

Originally Posted by Kodaemon
    Not do HR, to Steam. The problem could be largely avoided if not for Steam's mandatory updates.
    Mandatory updates ensure that everyone is running the same and latest version of their software.

As for what version I will buy, I am at a loss here.

The thought of a physical copy entices me, but if it's a Steamworks title, then I will definitely consider buying it on Steam for the inevitable pre-purchase discount.

Originally Posted by Ashpolt
    If I buy it, it'll be PC and store bought (or more likely bought online - Play.com have a lovely habit of letting you pre-order PC games for £17.99.) Personally I hope it'll then run on Steam, because I like not having to have the disk in the drive.
    Me too, I love just running games by double-clicking the executable, without having to fetch the disc just to confirm that I "own" it (see Mass Effect 2).

Bad Company 2 handles this very well; during installation, you can choose to have online authentication, as opposed to the other option of disc-checking.

Depends on whether I can get a review copy or not. If not, probably PC...

Playstation 3 if it isn't a botched version like it usually is.

Unfortunately I don't have a beefy enough PC

Originally Posted by [tag]
    PC physical copy, like with any other game.
    This.

Originally Posted by Ilves
    I'm so confused right now. Did I just enter an alternate reality?

edit: No really, where'd the other thread go? Was it... pirates?
    yeah ... they censored me ... sad, but true.

I just hope it isn't a games for windows live title. I can handle steam works title but a live title would be the last nail in the coffin for me never buying the game.

Originally Posted by Dead-Eye
    I just hope it isn't a games for windows live title. I can handle steam works title but a live title would be the last nail in the coffin for me never buying the game.
    GFWL fails on so many levels.

Attempting to emulate Xbox LIVE on the PC was a big and costly mistake.

Originally Posted by Dead-Eye
    I fear this as well.
    If you want to make enemies, dumb something down

i'll be buying this game on Steam... but i'll also get it on PS3 or store bought PC-DVD if there are any limited edition packages that are worth buying. Steel case + art book + soundtrack + behind the scenes.... i have a weakness for such stuff.

i always like laughing at behind the scenes video game documentaries because most of the time... the people they interview sound absolutely retarded in their justifications for the things they did. If you are curious about what I'm referring to... the Halo 2 documentary was a hilarious example.

Originally Posted by bryt
    i always like laughing at behind the scenes video game documentaries because most of the time... the people they interview sound absolutely retarded in their justifications for the things they did. If you are curious about what I'm referring to... the Halo 2 documentary was a hilarious example.
    Complete with Hoobastank soundtrack, no less.
    YOU CAN'T BEAT ME

pc without a question.........this of course will be determined by how the game actually plays. normally i would up and buy a game like this such as i did with fallout 3 and oblivion but this game falls into the category of "watching youtube gameplay videos first". consoles are too limited in every area i can think of....graphics, physics, controls, load times, etc.

if there are too many viewpoint changes and to many cutscenes ill wait for the bargain bin or for a really good steam sale. i have a dozen or so games that i bought that i havent even started or havent finished yet, and several others are coming out fairly soon such as the witcher 2. i certainly dont have a shortage of stuff to keep me occupied.

PS3, this will be barely be my fourth game since I bought the system 2 years ago. Although thats subject to change if I don't pick up the widely acclaimed Red Dead Redemption or the upcoming LA Noire in the Fall.

Originally Posted by Slack
    yeah ... they censored me ... sad, but true.
    Lol. Time-warp conversation.

Windows, store bought DVD like most people here. Although it would be great if Eidos offer people with physical DVD versions a download version as well, just in case we need a backup (like what blizzard did with sc2).

Originally Posted by phlebas
    Windows, store bought DVD like most people here. Although it would be great if Eidos offer people with physical DVD versions a download version as well, just in case we need a backup (like what blizzard did with sc2).
    SE/Eidos≠Blizzard/Activision

in other words: they simply wont.
    Yes siree, the excitement never ends.

Simple choice. Not a fan with the way the PC market is run and haven't been for almost 8 years. Besides, my laptop can't handle it (I'm sure). Right now I could buy 2 used 360s for the what it would likely cost to get my laptop into "DX condition".

Sadly, 360 has become my gaming platform of choice over the last few years. Plus, it's hassle free, no codes, DRM, or compatibility issues... sorry, but I'm happy to take the hit in graphics to save money, know for a fact I can play it all the time, and not have to worry about being treated like a criminal by the company I just gave my money to.

Also, I have a lot of friends who are now very interested in DX with the release of the upcoming sequel. A 360 copy I can pass around and have everyone borrow, in the hopes of making them converts. That's a little harder to do with a PC version.

If the mod community for the title really takes off, I'll buy it again in a year or two for PC.
    It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity. ~Albert Einstein

PC, without a question. probably a DVD, but i'll see some reviews first.
    hope my lappy can handle this, my videocard's not the best, but I never owned a console, would never entertain the idea of spending money on something that's just for games and no other purpose (sorry, I grew up in Eastern Europe, where Nintendo was a sign of extreme luxury), on top of which, if it's a true DX game, it needs to be played with keyboard and mouse to account for all the possible options (and also to let me map out the input the way I like instead of what the devs made for me).

PC is my only option.

Most definitely PC. I am just really hoping that we are not forced to use Steam or GFWL. Not that I have anything against them, it is just that I do not have an internet connection for my gaming machine at the moment.

Originally Posted by DXeXodus
    Most definitely PC. I am just really hoping that we are not forced to use Steam or GFWL. Not that I have anything against them, it is just that I do not have an internet connection for my gaming machine at the moment.
    If only Steam had a method for offline activations.

Page 3 of 7 First First 1234567 Last