Page 2 of 7 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: NEO Plus 10 page article

NEO Plus 10 page article

Corner shot weapon! We dont have to go to 3d person cover after all (hopefully)! Yey!

Originally Posted by Kodaemon
    Apparently 100 fictious companies were made up for the game, with logos, products etc to enhance the believability of the world.
    Damn this game is getting better and better

Ah, I recognise the Widowmaker (Shotgun, I presume) from the trailer.

Revolver... mmmmm... =D

What the crossbow is back Yeehaaa!!!
    And dang those weapons look awesom..

I think Adam would look a little weird with a mini-gun but I bet it's going to be fun to use. Especially since there are augmented NPC's now and they probably don't suck at life like the drug dealer in the old subways. (he was way to easy to kill for someone so augmented)

Apparently 100 fictious companies were made up for the game, with logos, products etc to enhance the believability of the world.
    Will they still use real names in the grand conspiracy? like Rockefeller and what not?

Stasiuk, Kaiga, sounds like Russian manufacturers.

I must say that I really like the look of these weapons. Simply beautiful.

I personally don't plan on ripping too many things up with a minigun as that is far too 'actiony' for a Deus Ex game for my taste.

Neo Plus is a console magazine isn't it?

Bad for us wantind DXHR to concentrate on PC development

Originally Posted by Badmaker
    Stasiuk, Kaiga, sounds like Russian manufacturers.
    Stasiuk sounds Polish. The heavy rifle by Kaiga has german text underneath, about a liquid cooling feature (which might be made by a different company)

liquid cooling feature (which might be made by a different company)
    Eidos is doing a great job by paying attention to all those little things, even the water cooling made by another company

camera interface

Holographic interface, sweet..

That's Stasiuk Arms and DiamondBack. I'll be transcribing the small print in the pic later. The blurred out text is about all the logos etc. Apparently 100 fictious companies were made up for the game, with logos, products etc to enhance the believability of the world.
    Oh damn my mistake, but thanks for the info
    If you want to make enemies; just dumb something down
    The manderley song => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WnBeglPl7s

The holographic interface looks pretty sweet. I wonder if the game HUD will also be of a similar light transparent green hue. Or gold?

Not a fan of the holographic display. This is the first time thus far I've felt things are "too futuristic" for this "prequel". But it really, really is. Not only did you not see that sort of thing in Deus Ex, but even movies like Blade Runner stayed away from nonsense like that... though admittedly, that might have been an 80s film-making limitation. But still...

I only hope this isn't for your average computer, but rather some rare and expensive top-of-the-line machine.
    signature image

The computer interface looks good (definitely a lot better than IW's rubbish one!) but it's a shame to once again see that it's a console screenshot. I think we can quite easily ignore their claims that PC is the lead platform here.

Any word on whether passwords still have to be typed in manually? I'm fairly willing to bet not (because that'd be clunky on consoles, and lord knows we can't have one thing on consoles and another on PC) but it'd be nice to get confirmation. That was one thing I really loved about DX, and something I missed a lot in IW.

Also any news about lockpicking?

Originally Posted by Pinky_Powers
    Not a fan of the holographic display. This is the first time thus far I've felt things are "too futuristic" for this "prequel". But it really, really is. Not only did you not see that sort of thing in Deus Ex

wat?

so what Manderley sits in front of is a standard lcd screen?

Originally Posted by qjohnnyp
    wat?
    So manderley sits in front of is a standard lcd screen?
    lol :d

The revolver looks really nice. Glad to see that the cross-bow is making its return, but it looks a bit plain. Could use some sprucing up. The shotgun looks bland and unfinished. It is just a completely flat metal tube. Not my favorite weapon. The rocket launcher looks decent. The Pulses Energy Projection System is just plain odd and doesn't seem to fit.

Originally Posted by Ashpolt
    Not a fan of the "pulsed energy projection system": looks like it was literally ripped straight out of Mass Effect. And the Widowmaker's boring.
    It's just plain odd. The Plasma Rifle was an experimental weapon in DX. IW had the Mag Rail as experimental weapon. Apparently people got stupid after HR.

Any word on whether passwords still have to be typed in manually? I'm fairly willing to bet not (because that'd be clunky on consoles, and lord knows we can't have one thing on consoles and another on PC) but it'd be nice to get confirmation. That was one thing I really loved about DX, and something I missed a lot in IW.
    The interface was completely designed with a controller in mind. You have one thing per selection screen and those can be changed by pressing buttons. There is no way in hell that we are going to have to input any form of code by hand. Controllers simply don't allow it.

Also you can probably forget about lockpicking. Since hacking is done via a mini-game you can bet your ass that they would have mentioned the mini-game for lockpicking. My guess is lockpicks and multitools are out.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Originally Posted by Pinky_Powers
    Not a fan of the holographic display. This is the first time thus far I've felt things are "too futuristic" for this "prequel". But it really, really is. Not only did you not see that sort of thing in Deus Ex....
    Sure you did. The personal computers in the original Deus Ex looked very holographic to me. And I am sure that there were other holographic devices in DX1. Can't think of any off the bat right now though so maybe I am wrong on this one.

On second thought... that is not necessarily a holographic screen. it could just be a see transparent pop up screen.

[EDIT] I see I was beaten to it

How about that?

Originally Posted by Irate Iguana
    The interface was completely designed with a controller in mind. You have one thing per selection screen and those can be changed by pressing buttons. There is no way in hell that we are going to have to input any form of code by hand. Controllers simply don't allow it.
    Yeah, real shame that. It'd be nice if EM took the time to add this in for the PC version of the game - I really, really can't imagine it'd take long, considering I could easily code something similar in QBasic in 2 minutes - but, let's face it, they won't. And people wonder why PC gamers complain about consolisation?

Originally Posted by Irate Iguana
    Also you can probably forget about lockpicking. Since hacking is done via a mini-game you can bet your ass that they would have mentioned the mini-game for lockpicking. My guess is lockpicks and multitools are out.
    Oh god, I forgot about the hacking mini-game. I maintain that that's just going to be a time consuming waste (hi Bioshock!) and will put me off hacking in the game. Still, taking out both lockpicks and multitools seems a bit too far to me: I'd quite expect them to take out one or the other (because, being honest, they did both serve broadly the same purpose) but to remove both entirely would suck, as it'd mean all important stuff happens behind unlocked doors, or at least that those doors can be unlocked by an easily-accessible computer terminal, itself not behind a locked door. It'd also mean less inventory management, and less gameplay options....oh wait, sounds just like EM's philosophy, so you're probably right.

Still, taking out both lockpicks and multitools seems a bit too far to me: I'd quite expect them to take out one or the other (because, being honest, they did both serve broadly the same purpose) but to remove both entirely would suck, as it'd mean all important stuff happens behind unlocked doors, or at least that those doors can be unlocked by an easily-accessible computer terminal, itself not behind a locked door. It'd also mean less inventory management, and less gameplay options....oh wait, sounds just like EM's philosophy, so you're probably right.
    The hacking mini-game and cinematic fixation makes me suspicious that they would have Adam just wave a lockpick or multitool at a door to make it go open. It would have to be a mini-game. Since they have been silent about that I suspect that it is out of the game completely.

From a real-world perspective it seems stupid to have locked doors that can only be opened via console. Nobody would do that. On the other hand if they include key-locked doors there would have to be lockpicks and multi-tools to bypass them.

Another thing to keep in mind is that there are no more skills. So you can't upgrade your lock-picking or multi-tooling without having an aug to go with it. If you have an aug then why bother with physical lock-picks and multi-tools? My guess is those items are out.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

First part of translation added to opening post. Rest later.

Thank you very much.

-edit-

all of that sounds awesome.
    You want a real cRPG ? A real enhancement and continuation of best games in the genre?
    http://www.irontowerstudio.com/ Age of Decadence (combat demo available)

Page 2 of 7 First First 123456 ... Last