Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... Last

Thread: DX:HR @ E3 EXPO Discussion Thread - June 15/17 2010

DX:HR @ E3 EXPO Discussion Thread - June 15/17 2010

Thumbs Up DX:HR @ E3 EXPO Discussion Thread - June 15/17 2010

E3 Expo is the world's premiere trade show for computer and video games and related products.
    To visit the official site, click HERE

Promo has started, folks!

No Shortage Of Deus Ex: Human Revolution Advertising Outside E3

This year, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is getting a lion(heart)’s share of Square Enix’s marketing budget.
    A bunch of Deus Ex: Human Revolution ads are outside LA Live, right where Club Nokia is and across the street from the show.

Square Enix’s public relations team shared the photo over Twitter. Seems like Square Enix is billing Deus Ex: Human Revolution as their next blockbuster.

SOURCE

signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Nice!
    Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you.

I really, REALLY want one of those huge banners for my games room wall!
    signature image

Lawdy lawdy! That's a big push for what is a new franchise for the majority.

Has me even more excited for the actual launch of the game.

It's nice to finally see something I love get validated by big money. Deus Ex was a great game, but it still feels like an underdog to the mainstream conflagrations out there. I hope that the development budget has been comparable to this marketing campaign though... otherwise....

We have resources down there. Maybe we can send in our SoCal spy.

Only one week from today, well finally see some gameplay and make the final judgement, is dxhr going to be as good as dx1?
    the telescopic evolution paradigm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saxX-Z6w3p4

Originally Posted by atLaNt1s
    Only one week from today, well finally see some gameplay and make the final judgement, is dxhr going to be as good as dx1?
    Yeah, only 7 days to wait!
    I'll be judging DX:HR on whether or not it is a GOOD game; not that it's as good as DX1.
    signature image

Thanks for the awesome pic MyImmortal. More would be welcome!

I am really hyped for E3 and will watch everything live from my computer.

One question, is that a banner on the rightside or a tv-screen with the trailer?

^^ I sure, hope so.

Originally Posted by bryt
    It's nice to finally see something I love get validated by big money. Deus Ex was a great game, but it still feels like an underdog to the mainstream conflagrations out there. I hope that the development budget has been comparable to this marketing campaign though... otherwise....
    It's funny to think that Square, of all company's, is the one to finally give it what it's worth.

Its sad, that if the original Deus Ex had this kind of money backing it, the gaming industry was going to be a lot different!

Its also sad that EM has no faith in the original game, so they just borrow futures from other games and make gimmicks like 3d person take downs to catch the eye of some stupid kids, while a Deus Ex game would sell just as well.

El_Bel: an you know this because you've played Deus Ex:HR or you just prefer to error on the melodramatic pessimist side? If they had little faith they'd probably call it something else.

Pha said it best. Is it worth being a part of the DX franchise? We'll see.

Seeing those banners make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
    <3
    "It would appear to be severe head trauma." ... "From what?"
    "Multiple Face-Palming..."

It's been going for 5 minutes, and I can't turn it off.

But anyway, it's nice to see them promoting the game like that.

Originally Posted by MyImmortal
    I really, REALLY want one of those huge banners for my games room wall!
    I second that. If they auction it off, I may have to fight you for it.

Originally Posted by El_Bel
    Its sad, that if the original Deus Ex had this kind of money backing it, the gaming industry was going to be a lot different!

Its also sad that EM has no faith in the original game, so they just borrow futures from other games and make gimmicks like 3d person take downs to catch the eye of some stupid kids, while a Deus Ex game would sell just as well.
    I agree with this. Just look at Halo. Originally it was supposed to be released on the Mac but Microsoft saw something that could coincide with their new console perfectly. To be honest, Halo would of been a different game if Microsoft didn't buy Bungie. It's common place these days to dumb a game down for the masses. It's as if we have to stupefy everything in this world for it to be accepted.

17. Originally Posted by pha
    Awesome. I think I'm getting used to the color theme after all.

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/8991/tripgj9.swf

A more accurate question would be, is it worth being a part of the DX franchise?
    Agreed. There is, at least for the hardcore DX fans, a less than 10% chance of DXHR being as good or better than the original.

HOWEVER, if the majority of design decisions are based upon staying true to the original DX formula instead of selling out in order to gain a larger fanbase, then there is a very good chance that DXHR could be better than DXIW.

I've been disappointed time and time again by developers these last few years and I simply won't allow myself to be disappointed anymore. I have no expectations for DXHR, therefore, no matter how it turns out, I won't be disappointed.
    Unprofessional: Never calling back David Bateson AFTER you told him he got the part.

Such is an immensely practical attitude to carry with oneself throughout life.

Yeah, only 7 days to wait!
    I'll be judging DX:HR on whether or not it is a GOOD game; not that it's as good as DX1.
    That's the same approach I'm taking with DXHR. I decided a couple years back that I have a holy trinity of games that nothing can ever touch, and DX is one of them. Nothing will ever be as good to me as those handful of games once were, so I've really just stopped comparing. These days, I break it down into the best games that fit within "console generations" since these are usually where the big strides in video games try and take place these days.

DX was the best of the N64/ PS1 era. Hopefully DXHR will be the best of the 360, PS3 era.

It's so nice to see the game getting this kind of marketing behind it. Even if DXHR turns out to be complete rubbish (which I'm not anticipating), at the very least it will stimulate a little bit of interest in the original DX games.
    It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity. ~Albert Einstein

So, anyone here going to the show?
    signature image

I''ll be there.....in spirit.

Well I've learnt one thing reading this thread - and that's when E3 starts. Ossum!

So, anyone here going to the show?
    If Square Enix gives me money for airticket, ill come 100%.

Originally Posted by Badmaker
    If Square Enix gives me money for airticket, ill come 100%.
    I'm afraid that I am first in the queue, sorry.
    signature image

DX:HR AT E3 EXPO - your questions to the dev team

Hi everyone,

I'll be at E3 as a reporter and will attend the DX:HR demo.

I have questions of my own but they're more about Montréal. So if you have questions to the dev team, please write them down here and I'll select them.

Cheers.
    "The year is 2027"

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... Last