Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Just Cause 3 wishlist / ideas thread

What about visiting the all the JC countries in one giant map (I can wait over 4 years for the game) like San Esperito, Panau and the new country from JC3. That would be EPIC! Imagine it, flying across the sea to the other countries from the JC3 island and remembering all the sights from the previous games. So it's unrealistic, but it could happen... There would have to be jet ski's, snowmobiles, submarines and water planes (I forget what they are called - sea planes, bi-plane?) for us to get around in as they are just plain cool. I mean, Just Cause is all about being unealistic and doing crazy stuff, so how about a parachute with built in thrusters, machine guns/missiles and a convertible piece of equipment which Rico can have strapped to his back, a surfboard which turns into a snowboard! Then we can use it with the grapple to ride the waves and snow with the beforementioned vehicles!

wishlist

First and foremost I'd like to express my gratitude in the creation of just cause 2. I appreciate the apparent time and effort that has been put into the creation of the map. I love your guy's work.

My main # 1wish is for a larger Navy.
    like some big boats. battleship sized that has people to fight on it plus drivable.
    nuclear subs would be sweet too. maybe an aircraft carrier.

being able to go high enough to escape the atmosphere. maybe rocket. maybe blackbird jet. access a satelight or spacestation.

i love the mobility of the character's mobility. good work.
    maybe add another grapple hook on the other hand and/or strengthen the hooks integrity.

the diversity in the maps environment is amazing. i hate to ask for so much, but the same diversity, but new location/new map.

maybe some underwater bases

maybe some big ancient ruins/temples

grapple animals. i dont know why but it would fun to hook a seagul then throw it at an enemy.

new diverse vehicles(trains, amphibious military things, tanks...)
    new diverse weapons (a few of each type)

I already plan on getting 3 when its released but i would an ambulance and preach it as the awesomest game/religion if i saw these in the next one.

Anything and Everything I Could Think Of.

What would be awesome is if they could make enterable destructible buildings/environment with a twist. When you destroy a building cranes and construction crews come in and slowly start to rebuild them over a couple of days (game time). Also fix the civilians, when i was the finical district in panau i would pull a farmer out of a million dollar car. Really but i don't think farmers own Ferrari's. So more attentive character models would be appreciated. Also i noticed that sometimes that oncoming traffic would be on both sides of the road.

First I'd like to thank you for the best... Yes, THE BEST single player game I have ever played in my life. I used to hate new sandbox games like GTA, because they were just a crap driving game and an awful 3rd person shooter squeezed into one. You have proven that sandbox games can not only be fun, but truly great! Thank you!

Here are some of my suggestions:

- Seaplanes (oh yes!)

- Submarines, and generally more to do underwater (maybe diver enemies and some sort of underwater labs/bunkers, and even like a five star underwater resort or something)

- Fix the GPS, it always wants you to go into oncoming traffic on roads with more than one lane.

- If you make a garage, don't make the vehicles spawn endlessly from the garage, only make the garage repair and save vehicles. I really liked the fact that in Just Cause 2, once you crash something, it's gone. It makes earning money more rewarding.

- Make extraction cost some trivial amount of money to encourage exploring

- If you go slowly enough (so that the tires come out), planes shouldn't crash when landing in a forest. Think about it, would James Bonds plane ever explode and kill him if he landed it in a forest ON PURPOSE! It would be so cool to just see trees topple as you crash land a commercial airliner.

- Trains

- Being able to plant C4 on airborne helicopters would be nice

- Being able to set off C4 from inside vehicles

- Make it so that when you fight with a guy in a helicopter or something it's not always 3 punches to win. It's more fun when it's unpredictable. Also make a minigame where you have to tap the buttons fast for Rico to open the door when you drive a car into the ocean and start to sink.

- Motorcycles shouldn't explode as long as you are driving them, so that you can make HUGE jumps. Now if you fall and the bike carries on flying down some insane drop, too bad.

- More interesting introductions to faction missions

- Higher difficulty level shouldn't affect enemy health. Instead make the game strategically harder, by making stuff more expensive and heat last longer.

- More attachment points for the grappling hook (for double hooking and/or standing) on vehicles. Like maybe the wings and the back of the fuselage on airplanes, and the front and back of cars so that Rico doesn't always have to stand on the roof first.

- Introduce some sort of minor stealth elements. Make a mode to heat, where the military will continue searching for you, for quite some time, after loosing you (or after knowing something is wrong). Make like an area where it's not safe to play around in too much or they will find you again, even though you've already escaped. It would be so cool to loose the cops in one vehicle at night, and then having to drive back in a different vehicle, having to abide some sort of basic traffic laws (like staying on the road) for them not to catch you. Imagine pulling up at a heavily armed roadblock in this mode of heat, so cool. Also if you do this, don't make the area where you are not safe, visible on the map. Just have like a counterpart for the yellow triangle or something. Also, they should be able to detect you even though you did nothing. Maybe something like a 10% chance, every 5 seconds, that they see you, when you are close to them in a car. This would also look so cool, when you are far away (again, at night) and you see the lights and hear the sirens whaling away as they patrol to find you, in vain.

- Make the day and night cycle longer. I want to be able to drive at night for longer periods of time

- It would also be cool if some missions' payment depended on how you performed. For instance, the one where you had to deliver crates on that "Tesla coil/Japanese soldier"-island could work so that the only thing REQUIRED by the mission is to bring that guy back, but for every crate you loose, you loose 2500 "Panuan bucks". This would also open up possibilities for interesting missions. Something like, stealing a brand new sports car but having to make sure not to damage it too much on the way, because you have to pay for the repairs. Also maybe the vehicles anti-theft system would shut the vehicle off in a limited amount of time.

- Co-op. Now that is asking a lot, I know...

- Make fighter jet's have a certain amount of missiles (maybe 4 or 6), also make them lock by holding the trigger (like the DLC missile launcher). Then you could have dogfights.

- I haven't played with a 360 controller but if this isn't already in it. Make it so that when you use the bumpers for throttle and brake, you can press harder for more throttle and softer for less throttle.

- Last but not least. Make the physics work correctly for THE COOLEST STUNT IN THE WORLD I once drove away from the military in a Titus on the main airport runway. I then looked back and saw a commercial airliner about to take off. I quickly jumped on the top of my car (at speed), and as the airplane passed I double hooked the car to the airplane, then went back into the car and flew away However, the physics engine couldn't quite cope with this and the car started swinging under the plane a bit, like a pendulum. It wasn't too bad, but it could have worked better Such a cool game, thank you once more!

Some of these suggestions are quite good.
    Especially the idea of having more grapple attachment points, dogfights, and submarines. Being able to plant C4 onto a moving helicopter would be a great feature. I've often felt like doing so, while hanging from a chopper from below.

However, I disagree on some other of them:

- Make extraction cost some trivial amount of money to encourage exploring
    As if the Black Market wasn't expensive enough already. JC3 should be about fun and over-the-top-action, not about having an uphill struggle with a massive lack of money after paying 100.000 bucks for an assault rifle.

You say "encourage exploring". I think the fact that you have to find a place before you can extract to it, is enough already.

- Higher difficulty level shouldn't affect enemy health. Instead make the game strategically harder, by making stuff more expensive and heat last longer
    Well I think making the enemy hard to kill is just about right.
    Making stuff more expensive is not. It would do nothing but spoil a lot of fun. A pistol already costs 20.000 if I recall correctly, and you'd want it to be more expensive? Like what, 100.000 on Hard and 1.000.000 on Extreme difficulty? No way.

[...]having to abide some sort of basic traffic laws (like staying on the road) for them not to catch you.
    No way. This idea would work well for a Driver game, but JC is not supposed to be realistic in any way, infact I would like JC3 to be as unrealistic as JC2, if not more unrealistic.

Also, they should be able to detect you even though you did nothing.
    Incase there's heat, it's already like that in JC2. I think the heat system in JC is fine as it is now.

- It would also be cool if some missions' payment depended on how you performed. For instance, the one where you had to deliver crates on that "Tesla coil/Japanese soldier"-island could work so that the only thing REQUIRED by the mission is to bring that guy back, but for every crate you loose, you loose 2500 "Panuan bucks". This would also open up possibilities for interesting missions. Something like, stealing a brand new sports car but having to make sure not to damage it too much on the way, because you have to pay for the repairs. Also maybe the vehicles anti-theft system would shut the vehicle off in a limited amount of time
    That sounds like GTA to me. Not like JC, obviously. Especially the anti-theft system and making sure a car doesn't get damaged.

- Make fighter jet's have a certain amount of missiles (maybe 4 or 6)
    Are you serious? I hope not.
    When I hear anything about limits, somehow GTA comes to my mind. But not JC2. I don't associate limits with JC2. "Freedom" is the right thing, and that should remain on JC3.
    Reality? That's where the pizza man comes from.

I think that JC3 should be set in a Russian/Balkan (Serbia/Croatia/Bosnia etc) area. This would definitely provide interesting possibilities such as culture and heritage. Also a train system is definitely needed.

Lightbulb

another good idea is different costumes for game systems like xbox or playstation.

just cause 3 should have a system where you can be a passenger on a plane

- Submarines, and generally more to do underwater (maybe diver enemies and some sort of underwater labs/bunkers, and even like a five star underwater resort or something)
    GOOD IDEA

It was said by mycoldman that there was actually a train in JC2, but it got removed. It's in either podcast 9 or 10.

I've seen a ton of good ideas and I noticed a lot of people have mentioned destructible buildings and bridges I think this would be cool but you could end up flattening whole cites so I thought it would be neat if they were rebuilt over time and you could see construction being done on them. Also you would only have to destroy everything once to 100% an area and you could watch the buildings being rebuilt and destroy them again.

1.Hand 2 Hand Combat eg Batman Arkham Asylum or something like it
    2.Skydiving tricks would be fun
    3.A better cover system essential
    4.Buyable houses, docks, airstrips etc.
    5.Changes of clothes

Any thoughts on this?

Agreed... I think just making one of the strongholds into something with an airstrip would be great; I would finally be able to practice a landing without HALF THE FRIKING ARMY coming after me :P

Oh and by the way, anyone think I change of character would be useful? I mean like sims style where you design your own character... Everyone calls you 'Scorpio' in a ridiculous accent anyways, right?

Quote Originally Posted by jakeduncan View Post
    I've seen a ton of good ideas and I noticed a lot of people have mentioned destructible buildings and bridges I think this would be cool but you could end up flattening whole cites so I thought it would be neat if they were rebuilt over time and you could see construction being done on them. Also you would only have to destroy everything once to 100% an area and you could watch the buildings being rebuilt and destroy them again.
    Dude, thats an amazing idea! I really hope something like this makes it into JC3 (Btw if bridges were destroyed, what what npcs do? just stop?) How long do you suggest between destruction and rebuilding? I'm thinking around 2 game days?

Btw I think if buildings could be destroyed, it would put too much strain on the processors of whatever platform (as you can see in JC2, things are loaded when you get close enough to then, apart from the map itself, as this always remains the same. Have you never noticed that cars only appear on a road once you've been on it for a while? So if every town was destructable, it would mean loading them separately as well as traffic, so before it loads, you would just see an empty space where the town should be... just pointing out a flaw... nevertheless, fantastic idea.

I agree with most of what has been said, trains, jet-ski, snow/skate boards... I think the snowboard should only be found on the desert peak, A long board only on the desert peak, A skateboard in the panau city park district, and maybe in the next game there could be actual waves (big ones) when there is a storm... so a surfboard (motorized and bought from the black market) would be useful for wave riding... I'm not sure what would be at the tropical peak... maybe a hang-glider, just to be different... (single use, obviously, no closing and re-opening like a parahute)

Anyways, my thoughts...

Awsome idea about the destruction and rebuilding but i think thats gonna take a hell alot of work to make it possible to destroy buildings and make rebuild them not just in a flash but like you can see the process.. good idea but i have my doubts it will happen.. still hoping tho And what i at last want to see.. and it's probably already noted.. but i love tanks so yeah tanks with tracks would be awsome and the thing that was so much talk about before the game was released.. vtol.. would be awsome to ^^ For the rest all the stuff i want isnt much.. and if i come up with somthing it's probably already been said before me so.. im done
    Insert Coin Here --> [===========] <-- and make me rich

I think eidos/square/avalanche/whoever makes JC3, should copy the best parts from other games, combining to make one, massive...massive... (Ali-G fans) Not blatantly or like a straight lift, but things like the extra stuff to do in GTA 4, Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer free-roam, and things like more precise aiming from Bond games... after all, this is pretty much GTA meets Bond, right? Lol VTOL (Vertical take off and landing for all you confused guys) would actually be really easy to implement, I modded other games to add Harriers like CnC Zero Hour so easily by just creating a duplicate helicopter, and changing the object model to that of a plane... So it's basically the same helicopter, but it looks like a plane... obviously a bit harder to implement here, but should be done in under a week, really...

Peace.

And I mean seriously Avalanche? Vlog 8: 'The multiple grapple was too hard to implement' (something like that) Really? He says this WHILE watching a video of mods, pretty much all of which add more grapples... If a 1-4 guys can do this from their home computers, how hard can it possibly be to do this with a WHOLE F*KING STUDIO! rant over... lulz

Again I will post more ideas. Be able to buy houses and maybe have a gang or some kind of mafia to help you with shootings. It should also have a good story but not realistic like gta iv or mafia 2 (even though they both had great stories). A 2 player mode is needed. Co op would rock and would go well with the gang idea. Also have a radio for this one. That is one thing that makes gta what it is. Add a flamethrower, submarine, jet pack and wildlife. Also add enterable buildings and a zombie infection mode. Release around gta 5 date so you guys can open up with a better score than gta 5

Thumbs Up

1. Have the Pelt Silverbolt and Peek Airhawk armed with miniguns and/or rockets in the fully upgraded versions. It would be fun strafing around with these planes and a slow maneuverable aircraft like the Peek Airhawk could dogfight helicopters. These features would also be found on the free aircraft of these types that you find around the map like the free Rowlinson’s that are equipped with miniguns.

2. Items purchased through the Black Market remain after you get killed and reload. Like the parachute thrusters you have to keep buying over and over again and at $50k a pop, while a lot fun, these ain’t cheap and it limits their use. This should be mandatory with DLC items bought with real money. Special guns, along with their ammo, and vehicles should be findable around the map.

There has HAS to be an online feature in just cause 3!!!!!!!

It should be like RDR's & GTA's Online mode.

Quote Originally Posted by just-cause-nick View Post
    there needs to be somthing like a GTA SA style garage where you can keep vehicles and stockpile weapons! (would be cool to nick a minigun, put it in the car and then hide it it the garage! ) also the best car on JC2 needs to be back!!!!!! TITUS ZJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!4 EVER!
    Actually the best car in JC2 is (forgive me if i misspell) the Mancini Cavalo.

It is the fastest and most aerodynamic car in the game.

Joystick support for the PC. This is a must for a game with so many helicopters, planes and base jumping. Flying by using the ASWD keys gets tricky sometime.

Those are all great ideas but i would like the campaign to last longer, also more air ships, subs would be cool, and when i destroy things like pipe lines and radio towers i would like it to have a affect on the world

Eidos I really hope you all read these and take these to heart, I love your series and will continue to buy them and the downloadable content as long as you create and provide. In any case there are a few suggestions I have that could really make JC3 great.

A.Scale Back-I know and fully realize that the series of Just Cause prides itself on large maps, and I had quite fun exploring but in the last installment we saw the dangers of a world TOO large. There wasn't enough content or reason to explore most of it. Most settlements were just copies of each other.
    Where was the DETAIL? I feel that if you had scaled back the map to 100 miles and set about 50 miles as city/settlement/installations then each would have it's own feel and reason to explore.

Not only that but the drive times were quite the length, sure you had instant travel but the game was just too big. Surely you can create a smaller map with more to do?

B. Variety- There was a remarkable lack of variety in weapons, civilan cars, options in missions, mission givers, cities, etc. The only things that were truely different were the military vechices, and general environment. The weapon types of weapons needs to be expanded the most, the mans a spy and can't get any new weapons to play with?

The cars were also sad with only boring suvs, taxis, and those 3 whellers most of the time. Missions were stale with only a few varitaes. And like a said early most of the settlements felt like clones.

C.Destructible Environments-This will probably be the largest challenge for you all but I believe you have the talent to do it. With a scaled back map you would be able to detail buildings more fully and give them moderate interiors when hit. Now please if you do this one, don't do the half way ty job that the folks at Mercenaries did. If you can't do it fully don't do it at all. But if you can then this would be a wonderful addition to the game. Think of when you ram a plane into a buidling and it actually collaspes or drive a tank though a wall! Of course the game should regenerate those sights. You could do it in steps.
    First step-Destruction
    Second step-Construction
    Third step-Normalilty

D.Better and more factions- I would say the largest shortcoming of JC2 was the fact that the factions where bland, you saw no effect in game except a radio annoucment (Also a nice add in) and there vechices driving around. Why not have (up to) 15 factions each with it's own goal. 5 could be able to run the nation while the other 10 simply have an effect on the other 5 and decide how the ending occurs. For example a national faction could be communist and they would like to have support of a drug running group in the city for funds etc. In any case there should be more variety and we should see what happens to the nation if we choose that group. In JC2 we didn't even get an ending trailer on how the group ran the place!

Factions should be able to fall, grow and their presence should be felt. So if I help the drug runners take over the slums not only would the communist grow and I would see them have better equipment but the drug runners terrority would be empty of the central governments troops and very few police would be seen. What would be a real turn of events for the series would be if next time instead of destroying the government we keep it up. If you set the game in a nation based very loosely on Afghanistan then you could have a much wider array of options when dealing with groups. Do you want the communist to help if it means drug use grows and you upset the DEA? etc

E.The people-Civilans in the JC series are about as important as trees. Why not change that? In JC2 for example I saw almost no REAL poverty. I know they only lived in shacks but I never felt immesed. Some of that has to do with a lack of detail but most comes from the fact that you never make a bond with any characters besides faction leaders and the CIA. Try to look at Fallout's side quest and add something like that please. For example.

Your in a small village on the outskirts of the capital city and go to a town leader meeting in which the people layment over recent drone attacks by the U.S. It's then your job to spread propaganda that it was the central government by threating a newspaper editor. Or your in the desert region and approach a farmer who needs water and the tribe down the road is hoarding so you have to steal their truck. Just small stuff given by interesting characters.

F.The Story-JC2 story was unremarkable and quite frankly forgettable. The characters were good though, why not have more of that? I'm not saying JC3 should be story heavy but it should have a good one with a good ending. This concept is something, that if done right, can create a game on the scale of Fallout, GTA, Mass Effect etc. Also why not have the story play out with an agent trying to support a government (which happens much more in the status quo) as opposed to it? Today the CIA is in Pakistan, Yemen, Somilia, etc trying to KEEP those governments stable! Use that! Towards the end U.S. troops could be threating to invade and our character adverts that by stopping the insurgency.

I understand you've already started on JC3 and it's probably to late for my comments to have any effect but please just think about my suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobjsc3fan View Post
    <<loooong post>>
    Wait, first you ask for a 100 mile squared map, then you ask for 15 factions? thats insane...

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast