Thread: The Epic Question: Who do you like better, Kane or Lynch?

The Epic Question: Who do you like better, Kane or Lynch?

Originally Posted by Brackstone17
    I wouldn't say we're bored, I'd say we just need something to talk about game related. Besides, it's nowhere near as strange or complicated as the discussions into what accent the TF2 Sniper had.
    Australian.
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

Originally Posted by gnrgrievous
    game related ? This game takes place in shanghai.
    you lie!

Red Face (Embarrassed)

Ah yes , my mistake , it all actually takes place in Lynch's mind , he's actually somewhere in Paris , drunk with wine ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

He's in Venice, actually. This game secretly takes place after the end of the movie.
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

Wink

Oh and obviously he's not caucasian anymore ...
    Yeah , the sun does that ...

Originally Posted by SlashPrower
    Australian.
    I know, but that didn't stop stupid people from thinking he's British. Seriously, a huge amount of the comments right after the Meet The Sniper trailer came out were a bunch of people going on about how he's actually British.

Either way I don't think Jean is cooler than Kane or Lynch. Liam is up there though.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

Arrow

Either way I don't think Jean is cooler than Kane or Lynch. Liam is up there though.
    What the hell is this ? ...

Thapa is the name that you should relate to anything 'cool' or 'badass' , THAPA ...

Say it with me ! ...

I know, but that didn't stop stupid people from thinking he's British. Seriously, a huge amount of the comments right after the Meet The Sniper trailer came out were a bunch of people going on about how he's actually British.

But everything about his design points to Australian. ARGH

And yes, Liam is awesome and should be a main character. But he can't be because he's just too awesome.

I think kane is waaaaay better then lynch. his past with the 7 is way more intresting and shrowded in mystery. Hes way more intresting. on the other hand lynch killed his wife and takes meds for his skitzo panic attacks and thats lynch right there maybe the game will shed more light on him.

Big Grin

Originally Posted by I am kane
    I think kane is waaaaay better then lynch. his past with the 7 is way more intresting and shrowded in mystery. Hes way more intresting. on the other hand lynch killed his wife and takes meds for his skitzo panic attacks and thats lynch right there maybe the game will shed more light on him.
    What he sayz ...

Kane, who is relatively sane in comparison to Lynch, is a sociopathic murderer and a selfish bastard who uses other people for his own ends and only cares about his family -- if he even truly cares about them more than he cares about his own residual guilt.

Lynch, in several ways, is both better and worse than Kane. Better insofar as he's insane and the majority of his murders are committed due to hallucinations. Worse insofar as even when he is relatively stable and reasonable, he still refuses to accept responsibility for his actions and possibly hides behind his mental illness to escape any sense of remorse.

That said, Kane is the *** man.

Originally Posted by Sanojio
    Kane, who is relatively sane in comparison to Lynch, is a sociopathic murderer and a selfish bastard who uses other people for his own ends and only cares about his family -- if he even truly cares about them more than he cares about his own residual guilt.
    Couldn't agree more. Kane is, as his wife so aptly put it, "a selfish little " - The only way he's redeemable is the fact that he's a professional. His coldness and cruelty can be explained away as just part of the job. On the other hand... we identify more with Lynch, because he's an outsider to all this. Kane spent his life immersed in heists, crime, and mercenaries... Lynch is just your average guy, in many ways caught up in he can't always handle. So in that regard, Lynch gets the sympathy... but Kane gets the points for being a badass.

Lynch, in several ways, is both better and worse than Kane. Better insofar as he's insane and the majority of his murders are committed due to hallucinations. Worse insofar as even when he is relatively stable and reasonable, he still refuses to accept responsibility for his actions and possibly hides behind his mental illness to escape any sense of remorse.
    Again, I totally agree. This was one of the more interesting aspects of Lynch's personality in the first game. How he so adamantly denied having killed his wife. He lies about his condition, claiming his pills are "ulcer pills" and is constantly assuring Kane that he has his together, when he clearly doesn't. This is a classic man in denial, and if anything... he refuses to accept how dangerous his condition is. For that, we don't always feel sorry for Lynch.

That said, Kane is the *** man.
    Kane is the *** man. No contest. Even with all his flaws, he's still more of an understandable man than Lynch. Kane is a professional, he's well-spoken, reasonably intelligent and mature (except when given a shovel ) and for that, we root for Kane.
    I like both of them as characters though. They both have aspects of their personality that I empathize with. Kane is always going to be my favorite though.

That said, I'll enjoy playing as Lynch, since this time around it's his game and his story, but for Co-op online, I'll be playing as Kane exclusively.

I used to like Lynch waaaay more than Kane but I'm starting to like Kane more and more.

Lynch is more interesting but Kane is more badass.

Hurs the wai I see it_

Kane is a bad guy put in a good guy's bad situation.

Lynch is a good guy put in a crazy guy's mind in a bad guy's bad situation.

Kane - Traitor on a mission to save his family.
    Lynch - Psycho (not by choise) on a mission to gain criminal notoriety.

Either way if you were to see one of them in real life they would probably kill you and still have more justification than if Niko Bellic were to accidentally ram a pedestrian.
    Scoundrel opposite of the king that I am.

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Kent-45
    Couldn't agree more. Kane is, as his wife so aptly put it, "a selfish little " - The only way he's redeemable is the fact that he's a professional. His coldness and cruelty can be explained away as just part of the job. On the other hand... we identify more with Lynch, because he's an outsider to all this. Kane spent his life immersed in heists, crime, and mercenaries... Lynch is just your average guy, in many ways caught up in he can't always handle. So in that regard, Lynch gets the sympathy... but Kane gets the points for being a badass.

Again, I totally agree. This was one of the more interesting aspects of Lynch's personality in the first game. How he so adamantly denied having killed his wife. He lies about his condition, claiming his pills are "ulcer pills" and is constantly assuring Kane that he has his together, when he clearly doesn't. This is a classic man in denial, and if anything... he refuses to accept how dangerous his condition is. For that, we don't always feel sorry for Lynch.

Kane is the *** man. No contest. Even with all his flaws, he's still more of an understandable man than Lynch. Kane is a professional, he's well-spoken, reasonably intelligent and mature (except when given a shovel ) and for that, we root for Kane.
    I like both of them as characters though. They both have aspects of their personality that I empathize with. Kane is always going to be my favorite though.
    And after All that big talk i can't wait to see Kane up big time in terms of character development this time and watch you roll all over the floor sobbing and grieving ...

Ooooooooooh GOODIE ! ...

Originally Posted by SlashPrower
    I used to like Lynch waaaay more than Kane but I'm starting to like Kane more and more.
    I see that we both have this weird syndrom in appreciating characters in supporting roles a bit more ...

Originally Posted by CribbNG3
    Either way if you were to see one of them in real life they would probably kill you and still have more justification than if Niko Bellic were to accidentally ram a pedestrian.
    OUTSTANDING ...

But still , i would prefer to have a drink or two with Lynch first , then he do whatever he wants with me ...

Wait that went off wrong ...

I find this scenario to be one of which the gameplay and the storyline carry this game.

To answer the question I like Lynch more, Lynch is psychopathic, yet not by choice, so when he kills half the time or however much he is not entirely at fault.

Kane is just a sober non-psycho killer, makes him look like an uncool ***/ bully .
    "Nothing is true, everything is permitted. it, ill make it up as I go along ."

For me Kane. I like his mature personality(calculator,cold) and bad-ass looks.
    Xbox 360 GamerTag : xXOniGamerXx
    Lynch : " *in, I'm not *in, I just hate being ignored ! "

It's a tough one for me, i like lynch because he is just so over the top, got a beer belly, a skullet and are funny at times, Kane is just all around bad-ass and will stop at nothing.

I would have to go with Kane.

I gotta go with Lynch on this one, simply because he is Insane in the Membrane and that is far more interesting than Kane and his "normal" (read: BORING) characteristics of badass badassery (The badassness of bad). Kane you can mostly predict while Lynch....well he's a crazy little fr isn't he? You never know what crazy stunt he's gonna pull, he's got his own family issues (or two family issues actually), and he is pretty badass himself to boot.

Originally Posted by CribbNG3
    Lynch is a good guy put in a crazy guy's mind in a bad guy's bad situation.
    Lol, I kind of noticed that Lynch is somewhat nice when he's not freaking out. Especially in the first scene of the sequel.

Question

For some odd reason now that i see quite a few people liking Lynch for all the wrong reasons i'm starting to like Kane a lot more ...

*sends a huge box of cigarette to Kane for his birthday* ...

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    *sends a huge box of cigarette to Kane for his birthday* ...

I used to smoke these back when, well, when I used to smoke. However, I switched to Davidoff Classic during the last five years of my smoking carreer.
    EDIT: fun fact; Dennis Hopper smoked Black Death cigarettes in the 1995 movie 'WaterWorld'.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Arrow

Originally Posted by JackGordon
    However, I switched to Davidoff Classic during
    . . .

Right , that's enough coincidence between Dog Man and Grievous for one day ...

Kane

Page 3 of 4 First First 1234 Last