Thread: Why Robin might ruin things.

Why Robin might ruin things.

okay, I've got to ask. Who's red robin?
    An Artist of Artistic Art

Tim Drake. After Batman R.I.P the status quo changed and the Batman creative team found Tim to be too old for sidekick role, so he became his own man: Red Robin.

So yeah he pulled a Nightwing more or less.

And on Brave and the Bold, it was Dick Grayson dressed as Red Robin, I think, lol

Originally Posted by Drazar
    So yeah he pulled a Nightwing more or less.
    You bet he did because nightwing is the best lol

I hope they do a real kick ass robin now in AA2 for you all to see. Haters can loath, fans can love and newbies can, well, watch and learn I guess :0)

And then they can use nightwing in AA3 and slowly the sidekicks can take over mwha!!!

Oh and also Robin in tbatb was based on earth two robin, not red robin :0)

lots of good points and observations being made here, but I'm gonna echo someone else's point made earlier ... I really think we all need to chill a bit when it comes to the whole Robin thing!

- the fact that this topic has split everyone right down the middle only goes to show how much everyone loved the 1st game ... and that can only be a good thing ... have faith in Rocksteady ... if they're gonna do Robin, then I have every faith that they'll do him right

- I can see the argument that Robin might spoil the original's atmoshpere in terms of comic relief dialogue, colourful costume, etc ... but we know the next game is meant to be def darker, so I wouldn't worry too much about that

- I was originally against Robin being in the sequel, but having read a lot of Batman books in the last couple of years, I think Robin deserves a wee bit more respect than the haters give:

... Grayson became Nightwing (cool)
    ... Todd became *** (cool)
    ... Drake became the ally that Batman needed (kinda cool)
    ... Damian is the most bad-ass "side-kick" seen in ages (def cool)

my ten cents? I reckon Robin will feature as an NPC and will play a minor role in the plot ... possibly in a rescue-type scenario, like someone previously suggested (nice call btw)

for those that read Batman, then check out David Lapham's "Batman: City of Crime" ... arguably the best rendition of Robin I've seen ... he plays a significant but background role, he's not a smart-ass (actually quite humble and likeable), he's tough and the story's pretty damn dark ... these all tick Rocksteady's boxes for the sequel

-

Originally Posted by Zur-en-ah
    lots of good points and observations being made here, but I'm gonna echo someone else's point made earlier ... I really think we all need to chill a bit when it comes to the whole Robin thing!

- the fact that this topic has split everyone right down the middle only goes to show how much everyone loved the 1st game ... and that can only be a good thing ... have faith in Rocksteady ... if they're gonna do Robin, then I have every faith that they'll do him right

- I can see the argument that Robin might spoil the original's atmoshpere in terms of comic relief dialogue, colourful costume, etc ... but we know the next game is meant to be def darker, so I wouldn't worry too much about that

- I was originally against Robin being in the sequel, but having read a lot of Batman books in the last couple of years, I think Robin deserves a wee bit more respect than the haters give:

... Grayson became Nightwing (cool)
    ... Todd became *** (cool)
    ... Drake became the ally that Batman needed (kinda cool)
    ... Damian is the most bad-ass "side-kick" seen in ages (def cool)

my ten cents? I reckon Robin will feature as an NPC and will play a minor role in the plot ... possibly in a rescue-type scenario, like someone previously suggested (nice call btw)

for those that read Batman, then check out David Lapham's "Batman: City of Crime" ... arguably the best rendition of Robin I've seen ... he plays a significant but background role, he's not a smart-ass (actually quite humble and likeable), he's tough and the story's pretty damn dark ... these all tick Rocksteady's boxes for the sequel

-
    I wonder who suggested the rescue scenario?

Anyway, all valid points and I believe this is perhaps the strongest damned arguement in the thread. Good job Zur-en-ah.
    An Artist of Artistic Art

I'm cool with Robin being NPC but I'll be more than happy if he's a second playable character.

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade
    I'm cool with Robin being NPC but I'll be more than happy if he's a second playable character.
    I think that's where all the opinions are divided in this community.
    Sometimes, doing something wrong is what it takes to do something right.

Originally Posted by freeze131
    I think that's where all the opinions are divided in this community.
    It's good for us sidekick fans to see just how divided the forum is in regards to Robin, Nightwing etc. I was worried that once Robins name got linked to anything related to Batman nowadays that there would be an uproar! Nice to see it's not that bad

Originally Posted by xxhanzyxx
    It's good for us sidekick fans to see just how divided the forum is in regards to Robin, Nightwing etc. I was worried that once Robins name got linked to anything related to Batman nowadays that there would be an uproar! Nice to see it's not that bad
    There are people like mwkcope (no offence) that are just downright against Robin with no particular reason.

There are people like mwkcope (no offence) that are just downright against Robin with no particular reason.
    I know and then there are others (like me) that will not have a bad word against them lol, well unless it's Damien, I'm still getting use to him...

I know and then there are others (like me) that will not have a bad word against them lol, well unless it's Damien, I'm still getting use to him...
    I'm not against someone hating Robin, provided they give a decent reason for hating them not just "I don't know enough about him"

What really ticks me off is when people disrespect a character and cannot provide a sufficient explanation.

I'm not against someone hating Robin, provided they give a decent reason for hating them not just "I don't know enough about him"

What really ticks me off is when people disrespect a character and cannot provide a sufficient explanation.
    Definitely. It's the same as any discussion, you should have a strong case for your reasoning for or against something.

Personally i'm againts Robin getting trapped unless and only if unless! Robin escapes the trap himself. See you really gotta give a really great first impression to the new Batman fans, but having Robin trapped and being relied on Batman would just make the player ask "so whats the point of him again?".

Either make Robin escape the trap himself with the player controlling the character, or pull off a scenario where someone knocked out Robin, taunts to Batman thru the speakers and when the player (Batman) rushes to "save" Batman, it only turns out Robin escaped the trap and kicked everyones butt. We need to show the badassery that Robin has shown in the comics.

Personally i'm againts Robin getting trapped unless and only if unless! Robin escapes the trap himself. See you really gotta give a really great first impression to the new Batman fans, but having Robin trapped and being relied on Batman would just make the player ask "so whats the point of him again?".

Either make Robin escape the trap himself with the player controlling the character, or pull off a scenario where someone knocked out Robin, taunts to Batman thru the speakers and when the player (Batman) rushes to "save" Batman, it only turns out Robin escaped the trap and kicked everyones butt. We need to show the badassery that Robin has shown in the comics.
    Definitely! If Robin isn't going to be a full time playable character of sorts through the game, this would be a good way of introducing him, just being able to play him in sections of the game throughout would be enough for me....

Which ones again comes from DCAU. You dislike a character you've only had such a limited experience with, and if you truly just disliked the character, what was the point of Red Robin argument?

I mean, if you prefer the other Robins, then you must have read about them, so why haven't you read about Tim? Or is your opinion based upon very limited information to begin with?
    1st impressions are key...and my first impression of him didnt go well.
    But thats just me. Dick Grayson would seem better unless he would be Nightwing
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

Definitely! If Robin isn't going to be a full time playable character of sorts through the game, this would be a good way of introducing him, just being able to play him in sections of the game throughout would be enough for me....
    That's perfect! Introduce him similar to Drazar's post and if its well received, perhaps Robin can feature in a sequel.

Originally Posted by Batman The Sequel Hunter
    1st impressions are key...and my first impression of him didnt go well.
    Oh i know. I guess i'm just hoping you'd be abit more optimistic if you ever get to see Tim Drake in another form. Whenever its a cartoon, video game or a movie.

Originally Posted by Riddling Artist
    I wonder who suggested the rescue scenario?

Anyway, all valid points and I believe this is perhaps the strongest damned arguement in the thread. Good job Zur-en-ah.
    aw shucks, I only just saw this -- thanks man!

makes a nice change to me killing threads dead (which usually happens)

Originally Posted by Zur-en-ah
    aw shucks, I only just saw this -- thanks man!

makes a nice change to me killing threads dead (which usually happens)

killing threads dead, as opposed to killing threads undead? Sorry, couldn't resist

killing threads dead, as opposed to killing threads undead? Sorry, couldn't resist
    that's okay ... I don't get it anyway!

back to Robin tho ... most likely to be Tim Drake, Nightwing won't feature ... but if he does, then I think they should also include J Todd as R** H*** .... think he's one of my favourite recent villains, along with Hush

Oh i know. I guess i'm just hoping you'd be abit more optimistic if you ever get to see Tim Drake in another form. Whenever its a cartoon, video game or a movie.
    Eh maybe. I would like to see a Damian Wayne robin
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

I think they might just stick with dick grayson just because there are those who dont know about the other robins and dont read the comics. Its best to stick with what the general public knows. but in the end its up to the developers

Originally Posted by Hadi
    I think they might just stick with dick grayson just because there are those who dont know about the other robins and dont read the comics. Its best to stick with what the general public knows. but in the end its up to the developers
    But then the whole continuity would be wrong. Because Barbara is Oracle now, thats means Grayson is fully established as Nightwing by now, meaning that Robin could be Tim Drake (highly likely) Jason Todd or Damien....

But then the whole continuity would be wrong. Because Barbara is Oracle now, thats means Grayson is fully established as Nightwing by now, meaning that Robin could be Tim Drake (highly likely) Jason Todd or Damien....
    Then why not just have Nightwing and no robin. I know Nightwing protects another town but can still come for support.

I just want Nightwing just because he can also glide and had batons. Think of all the great fighting moves he could pull.

Page 3 of 5 First First 12345 Last