Thread: Why Robin might ruin things.

Why Robin might ruin things.

^^^^ He was a pretty cool character in teen titans Would have loved to have see the animation similar to the BTAS or the new adventures rather than it being so anime, just my opinion.

Obv it goes with out saying that I am a big fan of the sidekicks in Batman

Also, although I cant hold my end of the robin/ no robin debate well, I must say that I cant really see Rocksteady wanting to ruin the whole atmosphere of AA that they so lovengly built up in the first game to be knocked down by some careless (but witty) one liners by a kid parading around with no significance to the story whatsoever. They will however consturuct a strong character which can hold its own, that will be well suited in this games enviroment that has a sufficent amount of purpose within the story line. (Dont let me down now rocksteady)
    Also how can a kid fighting bloody crimes, murder, suicide and other god awful things not be dark, gritty, twitsed and sick? I cant see anything funny about that....

I actually believe that we at least need Robin's voice in the game. I know it's supposed to be darker and whatnot (due to said interview with Kevin Conroy), but Batman wouldn't be the batman we know today without all the robins. I say bring in Tim drake Robin Black and red design and we call it good. It can still be dark, but thats exactly like going "oh the joker shouldn't be in the game because he makes me laugh and its batman and it has to be dark"
    People need some relief and I think Robin can provide that. I doubt Rocksteady would make him like a one-liner hit wonder. It'd be like sarcastic remarks and whatnot I'd hope.

Hell, I'd go for a mission where you actually have to save robin. I doubt that would ruin the game for people against robin.

edit: good points xxhanzyxx
    An Artist of Artistic Art

I see where everyone is going with this.

If they can introduce Robin, with a more grim, determined and darker approach, in all cases he would be
    a perfect character.

Only if, they introduce him as a rather older Robin, with more focus on his abilities, perhaps they can pull it off.

And remember, the thread is called "How Robin MIGHT ruin things." I'm not certain.

Let's just wait for the time being...so..."you wanna know how I got these scars?"
    "If you don't like the movie, I've got slides..."

Originally Posted by Viceroy Phoenix
    a more grim,
    Having your loved ones die and deciding to fight crime againts Gotham's corruption isn't sufficient?

determined
    All the Robins are determined, it's just that Dick Grayson is the wise-cracking one. Think about Spider-Man or Terry Mcguinness.

and darker approach
    They tried this Bad-Cop & Bad-Cop dynamic and it didn't really work out. They also tried to make Harley Quinn more darker in her own comic serie after issue 25 or something... Guess what happened? Her title flopped.

Actually Tim Drake's new title Red Robin (Tim became too old to be Robin) started off extremely grim dark, but that was because Tim believed Bruce was dead, so ofcourse he was having huge amounts of stress under him, but still fans didn't like that, but hey now Tim Drake is all the more his usual self now.

Haha this actually reminds me of this awful story where Judd Winnick made Tim Drake into an emo who cut himself with a batarang.

But yes lets all remember the game is written by Paul Dini, and people should have faith in him.

Only if, they introduce him as a rather older Robin, with more focus on his abilities, perhaps they can pull it off.
    Definatly. I'm no expert when it comes to game ratings, but having a child die (death animation, not talking about an actual story) die would push it to M rating. I might be wrong ofcourse, but i'm very assured thats the case.

Indeed noble one, indeed.
    "If you don't like the movie, I've got slides..."

Originally Posted by Riddling Artist
    Hell, I'd go for a mission where you actually have to save robin. I doubt that would ruin the game for people against robin.

edit: good points xxhanzyxx
    And I would go on that mission too! Although that prob seems a bit obvious story telling to the Robin dislikers (hate is such a strong word).
    "batman help me!"
    Oh no now I'm making fun of him WHATS HAPPENING!?!

this actually reminds me of this awful story where Judd Winnick made Tim Drake into an emo who cut himself with a batarang. :
    Could you tell me what story that was in please? How long did that last?
    I don't like it when they try and change a character so much so that they are remembered....

As long as it's Tim Drake.. I'm all for it.

Originally Posted by JackWinz
    As long as it's Tim Drake.. I'm all for it.
    I dislike tim drake
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

Originally Posted by Batman The Sequel Hunter
    I dislike tim drake
    ^Interesting read. Would be better if you elaborate your reasons.

I'm all for Robin to come onboard with Batman.
    I don't care whether it's Dick or Tim. But with the Oracle presence in AA, that means Dick is already Nightwing and Tim is now Robin.

To all naysayer who says Robin will ruin everything : Chill.
    The dynamic duo works since the beginning and is one of the most recognized partnering in the world. In regards to the mood and atmosphere, I'm sure Rocksteady know what they're doing.

I don't know,remember,the first game had flaws,albeit just a few.

I dislike tim drake
    But you only know the very early Tim Drake in DCAU who was "turned" into the Joker. This is like saying "i dislike Mr. Freeze because of Batman & Robin the movie", so be optimistic young padawan!

Originally Posted by mwkcope
    I don't know,remember,the first game had flaws,albeit just a few.
    EVERY Game has flaws. If you're asking for a game without any flaws, you surely are deluded.
    Sometimes, doing something wrong is what it takes to do something right.

Originally Posted by Drazar
    But you only know the very early Tim Drake in DCAU who was "turned" into the Joker. This is like saying "i dislike Mr. Freeze because of Batman & Robin the movie", so be optimistic young padawan!
    Thr3e reasons i dont like him

1. His name is lame
    2. He is a red robin. the suit is lame
    3. He was defeated by harley, i have a hard time dealing with super heroes being defeated by women, no im not sexist.

1. His name is lame
    Well i can't argue againts this really, since it's an opinion.

What does this have to do with Tim being Robin in BAA2?

3. He was defeated by harley, i have a hard time dealing with super heroes being defeated by women, no im not sexist.
    So Batman getting knocked out in BTAS is fine and acceptable, but Tim Drake getting knocked out by Harley isn't? Interesting comparison, but once again we're talking DCAU.

1. His name is lame

Originally Posted by Viceroy Phoenix
    Sure, Robin is one of Batman's first allies, but in truth, Robin takes away that grim Batman feel, and makes for a more comedic approach.

If Robin is to appear in either a new Batman Movie, or the [rather] confirmed, Batman: Arkham Asylum 2, I will most likely not enjoy it as much as I would if it were just Batman.
    You do realize that Robin was included in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker right?

A movie that has been called the darkest ever DC animated movie.

Or what about the Jason Todd Robin getting killed in a warehouse. when he was looking for biological mother who he only just found out about?

First off,Robin was just Tim Drake in Return of The Joker.He nevr ACTUALLY fought crime.Second,Jason Todd (from what I've heard) was just like Batman.Really loose argument on this one.

@GL: Not to mention Batman Beyond was essantually "hey we like the concept of Robin/Spider-Man teenager... But what if we make him a Batman?"

First off,Robin was just Tim Drake in Return of The Joker.He nevr ACTUALLY fought crime..
    So you ignored the flash back scenes?

Second,Jason Todd (from what I've heard) was just like Batman.Really loose argument on this one.
    Green Lantern loses the argument because he pointed out Jason Todd was murdered by the Joker when he found out his mother was actually a alive? How is this?

You really seem to try and get every chance you can get Mwkcope to bash Robin, why is this again? You seem to be dead set againts any of the Robins because of so limited information on them. Why not try and check out why people actually *love* Robin?

ARGH!What was I thinking on that last one?!?

Green Lantern loses the argument because he pointed out Jason Todd was murdered by the Joker when he found out his mother was actually a alive? How is this?
    Because he thought he thought his stepmother was his real mother.

But his biological mother was alive and well in Ethiopia.

Jason didn't know about this until he started going through the family documents.

So he traveled round the world to find 3 different women who could have been his mother.

And when he did eventually find his real mother. who he tried to help as she was being blackmailed by Joker for illegal experiments on teenage girls and embezzling funds.

He was brutally beaten and blown up in a warehouse along with his mother.

1. His name is lame

1. It sounds okay to me. Ever heard of Nathan Drake? A good name and a popular character as well. The name is fine, seriously. Go google it, right now.

Oh and another note, "Tim Drake" stands for "Timothy Drake". Sounds alright. Unless his name is something stupid like "Holiday Sugarman" then I can agree with you that is lame.

2. We can just ignore Red Robin, put in the storyline that he didn't exist yet.

3. Oh please. Have you ever read Mad Love? Harley defeated Batman and almost kill him off! Does that change your respect for Batman and what he stands for? Seriously. It all sounds so trivial.

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade

1. It sounds okay to me. Ever heard of Nathan Drake? A good name and a popular character as well. The name is fine, seriously. Go google it, right now.

Oh and another note, "Tim Drake" stands for "Timothy Drake". Sounds alright. Unless his name is something stupid like "Holiday Sugarman" then I can agree with you that is lame.

2. We can just ignore Red Robin, put in the storyline that he didn't exist yet.

3. Oh please. Have you ever read Mad Love? Harley defeated Batman and almost kill him off! Does that change your respect for Batman and what he stands for? Seriously. It all sounds so trivial.
    1. I like Paul Drake Better
    2. I love the color red, but i find red robin distastful
    3. I nearly lose faith in batman whenever he loses to her and catwoman.

Well i can't argue againts this really, since it's an opinion.

What does this have to do with Tim being Robin in BAA2?

So Batman getting knocked out in BTAS is fine and acceptable, but Tim Drake getting knocked out by Harley isn't? Interesting comparison, but once again we're talking DCAU.
    1. Yeah my opinions dont really matter
    2. Absolutely nothing i just dislike the character, i'd prefer the other 3 robins
    3. I hated when Batman got knocked out. Made him seem human :P

1. I like Paul Drake Better
    2. I love the color red, but i find red robin distastful
    3. I nearly lose faith in batman whenever he loses to her and catwoman.

1. Yeah my opinions dont really matter
    2. Absolutely nothing i just dislike the character, i'd prefer the other 3 robins
    3. I hated when Batman got knocked out. Made him seem human :P
    Just going to point out on the second number 3...

Batman, believe it or not, IS human. thats what sets him apart from the rest of the DC universe. He doesnt have powers. He isnt omniescient even though it seems that way when he hits someone from behind without even looking. He's human. He can make mistakes.
    And you should never lose faith in a character. EVER.
    An Artist of Artistic Art

I always found this type of robin pretty cool, I would like to see this in a movie, maybe not a game
    0:55. LOL look at their faces
    Originally Posted by Batman
    I am vengeance. I am the night. I AM BATMAN!

Which ones again comes from DCAU. You dislike a character you've only had such a limited experience with, and if you truly just disliked the character, what was the point of Red Robin argument?

I mean, if you prefer the other Robins, then you must have read about them, so why haven't you read about Tim? Or is your opinion based upon very limited information to begin with?

Page 2 of 5 First First 12345 Last