Thread: Question about Vorador and the Soul Reaver

Question about Vorador and the Soul Reaver

I know that Vorador perished at the hands of Mobeius and his minions, but is the Soul Reaver also his weakness as well, like how Kain can die at the hands of the Soul Reaver? Or is that different, seeing as how Kain can only be killed by the Soul Reaver? Unless of course, he also gets beheaded in the same fashion as Vorador did.

Well, the Soul Reaver can kill pretty much anything, so yeah, the Soul Reaver would be able to kill Vorador. I'm not sure what you mean.

I think he/she is asking if that's how Moebius killed Vorador, with the Soul Reaver.

If so, no. Moebius had Vorador tied to a guillotine and gave the order for the blade to drop. Slice! Off went Vorador's head.

As Zulgbrtzchllha said, though, the Soul Reaver is fatal to anyone with a soul, but it's not the only thing that can kill Vorador, like it is for Kain.

If this is leading to how Vorador is resurrected in Blood Omen 2, we don't know.

It's a he.

And I was asking if Vorador could also be killed by the Soul Reaver. I know that he forged the weapon and was its maker, so it made me think that perhaps he could have also been killed by the Soul Reaver.

Well, I'm not sure why his making the weapon would lead to a conclusion it would specifically harm him more than anyone else. It should be the contrary, I'd think, if anything.

But, again, anything with a soul is going down by the Soul Reaver, as it will reave the being's soul, no matter what.

Originally, Vorador forged the blade, but he says:

"I did so at the behest of my master, Janos Audron. What sorcery he and the others laid upon the blade after, I cannot say..."

It's therefore not even certain that Vorador forged it, specifically, to suck the blood of its victims (it was originally forged as a Blood-drinking sword (Reaver), not as the Soul Reaver, of course). The actuality is that the final outcome of the blade's properties was far removed from Vorador's hands, so it's very unlikely he'd have any special defense from, or would suffer more of an affect by, the sword more than anyone else.

Any weapon, if used properly, is lethal towards any opponent. Vorador merely forging the blade, as just a blade would behave as such. What Janos instilled within the shell is where the difference lies. Something that can inflict more than 'just a wound'. So Vorador too would have no special properties against it other than his Vampiric regeneration.

So if I make my own sword I can't be stabbed by it? Sweet!

Mobieus killed Vorador with the aid of his staff which incapacitates vampires. Vorador is alive again in Blood Omen 2, which takes place long after the time periods in Defiance. So somehow he's been brought back.