Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Riddler has been confirmed.

Riddler has been confirmed.

yeah I know that they were hinted on the trailer, I just wanted to know if they were confirmed. Oh well, keep me posted.

His involvement in the game is very good. He knows so much and it really makes the game interesting. He knows a lot about the other villains, which makes it 10 times better. I wonder how he will fit in the story.

I know a lot of people would be against this idea, but I thought it would be interesting if Batman is forced to go to the Riddler for help. With so many villains on the loss, it would be interesting if Riddler was still in Arkham and Batman went to him for information on the other villains. He won't give straight answers though, but Riddles on what they are planning and where to go. Then perhaps later he would escape.

Excellent! The villian roster is looking even better than Arkham 1.
    Originally Posted by Batman
    If detective work were easy... everyone would be doing it.
    Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Was that... humor? Now I AM worried about you.

Originally Posted by thejokethatkills
    I know a lot of people would be against this idea, but I thought it would be interesting if Batman is forced to go to the Riddler for help. With so many villains on the loss, it would be interesting if Riddler was still in Arkham and Batman went to him for information on the other villains. He won't give straight answers though, but Riddles on what they are planning and where to go. Then perhaps later he would escape.
    That sounds like a very good idea actually.
    Originally Posted by Batman
    If detective work were easy... everyone would be doing it.
    Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Was that... humor? Now I AM worried about you.

I also have to agree with that. It would also be cool if (Riddler) also requested that Batman let him free, once he has stopped the chaos. Remember, Riddler is still a villain, so I doubt he is going to do anything from the kidness of his heart. All of them must spend life in jail, so I doubt he is going to help Batman for free.

Originally Posted by martian1127
    I also have to agree with that. It would also be cool if (Riddler) also requested that Batman let him free, once he has stopped the chaos. Remember, Riddler is still a villain, so I doubt he is going to do anything from the kidness of his heart. All of them must spend life in jail, so I doubt he is going to help Batman for free.
    Of course, it would be stepping on the character to have him do it out of kindness. If he were to it in the form of riddles though, that might be a way for him to try to prove Batman's intelligence in comparison to him. Him wanting something in return though would be pretty awesome. Also, if this game were to take place in the future as some are thinking, he might be out of Arkham. Doctor Young said in her last interview with him that he is three years away from parole.

You know, that's actually a really good idea, that would pretty much be how it would have been done in a comic book, I think that that idea is pretty cool. Good thinking.

Originally Posted by TheBrandon
    I like this a lot, he can add a lot more to the game play in AA2. Hopefully actual riddles are used that require thinking and now only using detective mode to locate them.

I do not want timed riddles.I would hate that..
    Batman shouldn't have to do anything that's timed- he's ABOVE time!

Man the characters are so awesome, i hope scarecrow comes back though, i would love if the mad hatter made an appearance.
    signature image

Of course, it would be stepping on the character to have him do it out of kindness. If he were to it in the form of riddles though, that might be a way for him to try to prove Batman's intelligence in comparison to him. Him wanting something in return though would be pretty awesome. Also, if this game were to take place in the future as some are thinking, he might be out of Arkham. Doctor Young said in her last interview with him that he is three years away from parole.
    Well, I think AA2 is going to take place years after the events in AA1. Remember, Riddler was caught at the end of AA1 when you are done solving all the Riddles. And that is something that has confused me, because I'm not sure if he was released from Arkham or if he had escaped. If he had escaped then, he would be going straight back. If he was released the, what reason was there for the police to arrest him? When you come to think of it, what harm is it putting trophies in random places?

So my idea is he was escaped from Arkham and hiding out in a location in Old Gotham, some where near where Oracle is. Police caught him, and now he would be in the new Arkham, which is shown in the AA2 teaser. Batman needs Riddlers help, and Riddler agrees only if Batman, keeps his end of the deal.

Now, what is something that Riddler would ask for in return?

Originally Posted by martian1127
    Well, I think AA2 is going to take place years after the events in AA1. Remember, Riddler was caught at the end of AA1 when you are done solving all the Riddles. And that is something that has confused me, because I'm not sure if he was released from Arkham or if he had escaped. If he had escaped then, he would be going straight back. If he was released the, what reason was there for the police to arrest him? When you come to think of it, what harm is it putting trophies in random places?

So my idea is he was escaped from Arkham and hiding out in a location in Old Gotham, some where near where Oracle is. Police caught him, and now he would be in the new Arkham, which is shown in the AA2 teaser. Batman needs Riddlers help, and Riddler agrees only if Batman, keeps his end of the deal.

Now, what is something that Riddler would ask for in return?
    No, what I meant is the Riddler may be let out by the time AA2 begins, but this would only be a possibility if it takes place years after the first one. Right before the Joker's takeover, Doctor Young said in an interview session with him that he has three more years till parole. I know he escaped in the first one, but if the intervening time between the first and second game is years, then he may be let out on parole. As for the thing he would ask for if he is still in Arkham and Batman comes to him for help, my guess is again parole.

No, what I meant is the Riddler may be let out by the time AA2 begins, but this would only be a possibility if it takes place years after the first one. Right before the Joker's takeover, Doctor Young said in an interview session with him that he has three more years till parole. I know he escaped in the first one, but if the intervening time between the first and second game is years, then he may be let out on parole. As for the thing he would ask for if he is still in Arkham and Batman comes to him for help, my guess is again parole.
    That is a good idea. I like the idea, of parole. Another thing, I want to know is how the villains manage to escape without being noticed and then return back to their cells? It always interested me, how Joker managed to do it and go see Harley Quin.

But back to the Riddler. I want to see his hide out so bad. In the comics he never really had a home because he was always on the move. A lot of the things he did, required him to be mobile, which meant he had very limited supply for what he was going to be doing. So I can't see them giving him a huge headquarters for AA2, if he plays that much of a role. He will probably be located in some sort of storage center with enough space to store supply, and some machinery to he can make explosives.

Being a Riddler fan of course I am happy to hear a confirmation of Riddler, but I really hope he is used as a villain properly. I'd like Riddler to play a twisted mind-game on Batman. It's disappointing how undervalued brain is over brawn in Batman stories (cuz Batman is a detective it should be integral). Riddler is actually a great villain who is committed to creating perfect crimes where he leaves clues to challenge the perfection of them. The riddles should be challenging & real riddles, there should be traps, lots of manipulation from Edward Nygma. He also needs his trick cane (that can hold a live bullet, and its own Operating System). Wally Wingert will do a good job I have no doubt about that but I'm worried about Paul Dini who hasn't ever really written a villainous Riddler.

Dini seems to know what he's doing. After hearing the Riddler's bit with amputating a baby and his nervous breakdown as you solve more riddles, I think Dini is dead on with him.

Dini seems to know what he's doing. After hearing the Riddler's bit with amputating a baby and his nervous breakdown as you solve more riddles, I think Dini is dead on with him.
    I agree with you. I want to hear him talk of more riddles when you are getting close to finding a new villain. For example, he could give you a clue to go to Penguin's (Ice Berg Lounge) by saying "Where do you find ice in Gotham city"? Hint, hint; Ice Berg Lounge. Something catchy like that would be good.

Well, I'm going to respectfully disagree. Dini has shown me that he prefers to reinvent the Riddler into some pathetic defenseless criminal who leaves stupid obvious puns for Batman while hiding out in some apartment crafting plans that never come into fruition. I did like the tape interviews though, although killing a baby is not very Riddler-like (why would he kill a baby? there is no challenge there). I thank Wally Wingert for voicing him properly... he is a big Adam West fan & I know he knows the Riddler if he loves the 60s series.

Riddler should be more like a charming psychotic intelligent criminal like he were the villain of a Alfred Hitchcock mystery/suspense movie. Check out Hitchcock's "Rope" & you'll see exactly what I mean. Riddler treats crime like art & thinks himself as a superior being, just like the protagonist in "Rope" which came out in 1948 a year before Riddler 1st appeared in a comic.

Originally Posted by Prince Daka
    Well, I'm going to respectfully disagree. Dini has shown me that he prefers to reinvent the Riddler into some pathetic defenseless criminal who leaves stupid obvious puns for Batman while hiding out in some apartment crafting plans that never come into fruition. I did like the tape interviews though, although killing a baby is not very Riddler-like (why would he kill a baby? there is no challenge there). I thank Wally Wingert for voicing him properly... he is a big Adam West fan & I know he knows the Riddler if he loves the 60s series.

Riddler should be more like a charming psychotic intelligent criminal like he were the villain of a Alfred Hitchcock mystery/suspense movie. Check out Hitchcock's "Rope" & you'll see exactly what I mean. Riddler treats crime like art & thinks himself as a superior being, just like the protagonist in "Rope" which came out in 1948 a year before Riddler 1st appeared in a comic.
    I agree with you. Maybe they need more time for the AA version of Riddler to develop. Depending on how role in the story, determines how well he will do in the game. I still believe that placing trophies around was just step one. In this game, I'm expecting him to be more involved with the plot. Again, they have until 2011 to do this. Maybe thats why they pushed the game back till 2011, because they wanted to get the players more involved with the plot. They had a lot of side characters in AA1, so maybe the side characters such as Riddler will be more involved. Killer Croc actually had a bit of a small role. So maybe he will come in again as a surprise.

Riddler, needs an open city, on order to get more technical with Batman. They could have let him set traps, around the Asylum, but they don't want to make it too far fetched. It was one thing for him to have trophies places near the Batcave, and behind walls. One can only wonder how he pulled that off. It's more believable for him to pull off amazing tricks inside the huge city.

Originally Posted by Prince Daka

Dini's RIddler is great! And the Hitchcock riddler's movie bombed
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

Page 2 of 2 First First 12