Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Kane and Lynch's background?

Kane and Lynch's background?

Kane and Lynch's background?

Ok we hardly know anything about their past's apart from that Lynch killed his wife, was a warehouse owner and is a psychopath. Kane has a family, his son died, has a daughter, was a buisnessman with strong negotiation skills and is a member of The7.

Will we learn more of their past? Do we find out how Kane came from buisnessman to Mercenary? How Lynch knew The7 were gonna raid the convoy in the first game, how Lynch got involved with The7 aswell?

Also how Kane and Lynch got away at the end and both end up in Shanghai. Have the Police ignored them? Surely they must be one of top most wanted men? No-one recognised Kane at the airport in Shanghai??

What I'd like to know is if Kane was a cop or in the army. They always talked about how it was his service gun that killed his son.

Originally Posted by Brackstone17
    What I'd like to know is if Kane was a cop or in the army. They always talked about how it was his service gun that killed his son.
    Ah another question i wanted to ask but forgotton! I read somewhere that he was a buinessman then a service gun popped up into the mist. Im guessing the service gun was from his criminal career.

I don't think they'd refer to it as a service gun if it was a privately owned one. Besides, wasn't his son shot before he became a criminal?

Lynch never owned a warehouse, he just worked in one. And Kane could have used a fake passport to fly to Shanghai.

I guess after the massacre in the first game, neither Kane or Lynch returned to America. Lynch ended up in Shanghai because he was violent and crazy enough to make a name for himself in the criminal underworld. And when he found out about the arms deal that can make him rich, he used his criminal connections to find and contact Kane, asking him for backup.

The same night Kane arrived, the duo killed a small time mobster called Freddie and some girl he was banging. The girl, however, wasn't a nobody, but someone close to powerful people, hence the hitmen attacking Glacer's limo with Kane and Lynch inside hours after that incident. That incident didn't just ruin the arms deal for the duo, it also put them on the most wanted list. The people that want them dead even involved the cops, hence the restaurant shootout. So in the next 48 hours the duo has to save Lynch's girlfriend and after failing that, simply escape Shanghai while they still can. And of course, they get captured and tortured along the way, with pretty boy Kane getting new scars on his already beautiful face. Escaping naked, with mobsters and dogs on their tail doesn't help ease the tension between them either.

Kane starts to realize that giving Lynch to the mobsters will save his own ass, while Lynch with his paranoid thoughts begins to blame Kane for this screw up and his gf's death. The story ends in a similar fashion to Reservoir Dogs, with both shooting each other in a warehouse. They are both on the ground, in a pool of blood, swearing, when they hear the sirens. They both inject themselves with some adrenaline to ease the pain and check how much ammo they still have. It's not much, but it's enough to go out with a bang. Kane calls his daughter one last time, saying that he is sorry and from now on won't try to be a part of her life any longer, that at this point she's old enough to be on her own. Lynch has a small flashback of his girlfriend and how happy he was with her until Kane's voice brings him back to reality: "Snap the hell out of it Lynch, it's show time". The credits roll.

^ Lol, not bad.

I just assumed that The7 picked someone who would believe their lies and do what they said. Someone who wouldn't work behind their backs. So, Lynch was available...And I'm pretty sure that they told Lynch when the convoy was going to get hit so he could be ready.

I totally think Kane and Lynch may die in this game.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: blood asylum

Originally Posted by One of Seven
    I always thought that it was a given that one or both of them were going to die. I mean, Kane lost pretty much everything in the first game, so why not his life in the second? And Lynch is just too unstable and impulsive to survive for long.

Originally Posted by SlashPrower
    ^ Lol, not bad.

I just assumed that The7 picked someone who would believe their lies and do what they said. Someone who wouldn't work behind their backs. So, Lynch was available...And I'm pretty sure that they told Lynch when the convoy was going to get hit so he could be ready.
    So they told Lynch. How did Lynch get involved with The7 exactly? Same for Kane aswell. I just want to learn more about them both as we know so little about them.

Kane and Lynch dying because a firefight is a rubbish ending and Kane and Lynch surviving is also rubbish. Would be awesome if you remember at the beginning K&L started by the duo going to death row and and would be cool if Dog Days or the 3rd game end with K&L going back to deathrow. To be honest i actually can not think of a suitable ending for an ending to this trilogy. Or Jen kills both of them.

Lol, a third game? Well, here's how it should end:

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

The end.

Of course, if everyone died but Lynch survived, that'd get points for irony.

I don't get it, was that a joke? That wasn't funny. But yeah the irony of Lynch surviving is very high!

Originally Posted by One of Seven
    Not gonna happen. Same reason Jack Bauer didn't die in the 24 finale - he's too profitable to die, Fox is gonna make a 24 movie.

IOI won't kill off the characters that made and will make a ton of money. K&L is not only a game franchise, but also a movie and a comic book series. The material is too good to destroy now.

Well, they sure as hell better not get a happy ending.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: blood asylum

Originally Posted by Bevacur
    Ok we hardly know anything about their past's apart from that Lynch killed his wife, was a warehouse owner and is a psychopath. Kane has a family, his son died, has a daughter, was a buisnessman with strong negotiation skills and is a member of The7.

Will we learn more of their past? Do we find out how Kane came from buisnessman to Mercenary? How Lynch knew The7 were gonna raid the convoy in the first game, how Lynch got involved with The7 aswell?

Also how Kane and Lynch got away at the end and both end up in Shanghai. Have the Police ignored them? Surely they must be one of top most wanted men? No-one recognised Kane at the airport in Shanghai??

1. It's said that Kane's son, Stephen (I think?) ... killed himself accidentally with Kane's service weapon. It was probably a handgun, and so that means Kane was probably a cop. It could also mean he was in the military, since "service weapons" or duty weapons are used by both these groups. After this happened, it's kinda hazy... Kane's family split with him, I'm guessing, and he hooked up with The7 somehow.

2. Kane & Lynch are both wanted men, but Kane apparently has a connection that can get him passports. Shortly after they were broken out of that prison transport, Kane managed to get both of them on a plane to Tokyo. Kane clearly knows how to move around and evade detection. It's implied during Kane's audio interrogation that The7 had people in the police department, and were instrumental in getting him framed and arrested... so perhaps the official un-corrupted authorities haven't quite caught up with what's going on yet. Again, this is all speculation.

3. They won't kill Kane & Lynch... this is a big franchise for Eidos, and they've invested a lot of money into this. They'd no sooner kill Kane or Lynch than they would kill Agent 47 or Lara Croft. Killing these characters would basically kill the franchise, and no company is that stupid. Even if they wanted to end the franchise (which they don't) they'd most likely leave it hanging, like in Hitman Blood Money, so the option to revisit it later is still on the table.

Originally Posted by Kent-45
    1. It's said that Kane's son, Stephen (I think?)
    His name was Robert. Robert Paulson.

No seriously, his name was Robert J. Marcus. He was 2 years old. Cause of death was a 7.62 mm shot to the head. There even is a very detailed description of the Headwound. But no gun was mentioned.

See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62_mm....62_mm_caliber

Anyway, i have the files and evidence on Kane and Lynch so I'm going to share some of the information with you. Expect some inconsistencies.

My personal notes are in red.

Let's begin with Kane.

Kane:

Name: Adam 'Kane' Marcus
    Nationality: British Citizen
    Race: Caucasian
    D.o.B.: 8/27/69
    Sex: Male
    Eye Color: Blue
    Height: 1.8m / 5ft 11in
    Weight: 84kg / 185 pounds
    Hair Color: Black

Profile:

* Based on the age range of the victim and his physical appearance, the age of this male offender is estimated to be between 35 and 46 years of age. However, no suspect should be eliminated on the basis of his chronological age.

* This offender is physically strong and capable of lifting a weight of at least 175-200 pounds. Crime scene information indicates of shoe size of approximately 12.

* The offender most likely has some form of police or military training. He is precise and trained in the use of firearms and shows signs of intense planning before executing his plan.

* He is extremely intelligent and able to adapt to various situations. Although emotionally disturbed, the suspect is able to keep his emotions in check while he completes his objectives.

* The man is skilled in explosives and has some background in demolitions. Detonators and C4 packs discovered in suspects basement.

* The offender does not speak about his work. He most likely tells those that know him that he is a private contractor, not affiliated with any known company. The offender does his best to cover his tracks and keep any connections private.

* His socio-economic status is likely to be slightly above average. He travels frequently and is rarely home. Plane tickets discovered in home. He likely speaks Spanish and is conversational in Russian.

* It is likely that this man has few connections with family or friends. Suspect is intelligent and able to blend into many different social situations, but he would not be considered outwardly friendly by others.

* Being so intelligent, it is likely the offender suffered some form of significant personal loss that drove him to this lifestyle. He most likely becomes angry and very agitated when asked about family life or his loss.

* Offender likely works as part of small team to commit robberies and other murders. Blueprints of banks and demolition schematics found at crime scene.

* Suspect smokes heavily and probably drinks.

* This is a person accustomed to having his way. People tend to listen to him and respect his opinion because he is usually correct. People also fear him.

* This offender does not take joy in his assignments. The risk and danger involved does not add to his sense of enjoyment or excitement. Instead, it is likely that the offender becomes increasingly sullen, depressed as he continues these acts. He does not brag to friends or take pride in his crimes.

* This offender is determined and mission oriented. Even under stress he is able to complete his assaults on his victims. This ability to cool under pressure is also a trait that those who know him have seen in the past. At times, when others are upset and unable to function, he appears unaffected and detached.

* This offender does not likely have a relationship with a woman. He probably considers it an unnecessary risk in his line of work and avoids relationships for their safety. This may also suggest that offender suffered personal loss with former wife or girlfriend.

Lynch:

Name: James 'Lynch' Seth
    Nationality: American Citizen
    Race: Caucasian
    D.o.B.: 1/6/66
    Sex: Male
    Eye Color: Green
    Height: 1.85m / 6ft 1in Doesn't make sense, Kane is taller than Lynch
    Weight: 92kg / 202 pounds
    Hair Color: Brown

Profile:

* Based on the age range of the victim and his physical appearance, the age of this male offender is estimated to be between 30 and 46 years of age. However, no suspect should be eliminated on the basis of his chronological age.

* This offender is physically strong and capable of lifting a weight of at least 155-175 pounds. Crime scene information indicates a shoe size of approximately 10 to 11.

* His socio-economic situation is likely average. His employment is likely to be in a job that requires physical strength, and does not involve regular interaction with the public.

* This offender is likely under medication for depression bipolar disorder and/or some form of schizophrenia. Evidence at the crime scene indicates suspect used such medication.

* It is likely this offender enjoys cooking or culinary arts. Evidence at the crime scene suggests proficiency with kitchen utensils and appliances.

* This offender is not comfortable in social situations. Women would most likely describe him as awkward. The suspect most likely avoids social situations and has little contact with friends, especially female friends.

* This is a person, who will not handle rejection -- real or imagined -- well, particularly by women, and he will become angry, sullen and determined to retaliate. *cough* Yoko *cough*

* This is an impulsive individual. When determined to do something, he disregards the consequences of his acts. However, his impulsivity should not be confused with lack of planning.

* Evidence at the crime scene suggests the offender is a possible friend or family member of the victim. Entry was not forced and there was no 911 call by the victim.

* People who know this offender know that he hates losing control, even in everyday situations. When he does, he becomes agitated and upset and blames others for what happened. Yep, sounds exactly like Lynch, one of the reasons i don't like him.

* The man is emotionally unstable. Surprise!

* This offender likes to be in charge, although he is not in a position of power in his employment. He resents this and has most likely had some form of run-in or argument with his boss.

* This man suffers from delusions of grandeur. He personally identifies himself with historical figures of power rather than peers in this everyday life. He believes that he is somehow destined for greatness and often imagines himself in position of power and fame, although he does not take any action toward this goal. He believes it will come to him in time.

* The man is not accustomed to using firearms. Fingerprints on the gun indicate that it was found, but he chose instead to use normal household items to kill the victim.

* If involved in a relationship with a woman or living with a female, he can become unpredictably moody, volatile and abusive. These women would know this side of him and be afraid of him.

Note: Lynch Summerset was arrested as the primary suspect of the murder of the victim, his wife. This behavioral profile is for use if it is discovered that Lynch is not the offender. If a suspect is found to be at large, he will be very interested at the release of this profile through the media. Those that know him will see that he is extremely agitated and preoccupied with this case and media reports. Summerset? His name is also only "Lynch" in the whole document.

Medical Examination of

Name: Anna Seth.
    Sex. Female
    Race: Caucasian.
    Type of Death:

Violent. Suspicious, Unusual, Unnatural

Time of Death: 9:20 AM
    Examination of Body: 12:04 PM

Death: Sudden Trauma
    Type of Premises: Domicile

Description of body:

Clothed. Hair torn.

I see at least 13 wounds on the figure. 3 on the head.

Cause of death: Blunt force Head Injury. ASHD.

Interesting Parts from the autopsy protocol:

It appears that the Victim was attacked from behind with a blunt instrument, fell to the floor and was severely beaten.

A knife and fork were found placed in her hands as was a full evening meal and a cup of tea.

It also appears that after murdering the victim, the suspect continued to make the victim an evening meal and a cup of tea, and then proceeded to go to bed.

Thanks YoungZero! That is the type of detailed info on them i wanted! Woah! Kane is stronger than Lynch? I thought it was vice-versa..

Lol Lynch continued to make dinner for his wife after he murdered her?

Well, the names aren't consistent between the game and the files, but whatever, you still get plenty of information. Thanks for posting it all. I'm still surprised that Kane is British- I hadn't the slightest idea.

Originally Posted by Bevacur
    I don't get it, was that a joke? That wasn't funny.

...Massive reference fail. I forget that I'm around non-tropers sometimes.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...llEveryoneDies

It's a trope that basically refers to when the entire main group of characters (or just one character, sometimes) is killed of spectacularily and briefly, with little to no warning. It's origins lie in tabletop RPGs, when a GM gets so frustrated with the player(s) and decides to kill them off immediately.

This message brought to you by all of us nerds at TV Tropes, a place where we catalogue all cliches and give examples from various forms of media. From the best of the best to the worst of the worst, we put them all down and categorize them into certain groups, which go into bigger groups, which go into very general groups.

We have a Kane and Lynch page, too. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KaneAndLynch

EDIT: Yeah, I always figured that Lynch was stronger than Kane, too.

And Lynch is crazy >.>

Kane has to be an american citizen, because I don't think the U.S. would put a foreign citizen on death row. I'm pretty sure he would be deported back to his country of origin. I think Kanes parents might have been british, but he's clearly spent a long time in the states with his family. I doubt he spent all that time here an undocumented alien.

And YoungZero, you are my hero

Originally Posted by Kent-45
    Kane has to be an american citizen, because I don't think the U.S. would put a foreign citizen on death row. I'm pretty sure he would be deported back to his country of origin. I think Kanes parents might have been british, but he's clearly spent a long time in the states with his family. I doubt he spent all that time here an undocumented alien.

And YoungZero, you are my hero
    Thanks, writing all that stuff down ... my neck was killing me. 8)

Originally Posted by YoungZer0
    my neck was killing me.
    Imagine what 12 hours on a effin' plane would do to you

Originally Posted by JackGordon
    Imagine what 12 hours on a effin' plane would do to you
    Should have gone to the hotel first.

Stop *ing, we still have a long night ahead of us.

*ing, I'm not *ing, I just hate being ignored.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

Masterful

I think Lynch might have been a very succesful womens underwear designer. I mean RLY successful, living a life in Paris surrounded by hot women all the time trying his newest collections.

Kane is a little bit harder for me, I think maybe some sort of salesperson in a Supermarket? Or maybe he worked at McDonnalds before becomming a criminal. Maybe he was already doing some sort of small time crime while working on McDonnalds. But his boss found out and had him fired. So Kane decided to go all in and rob banks instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last