Thread: Screenshots pc gamer

Screenshots pc gamer

Originally Posted by Kodaemon
    But you have it all wrong! He's looking down a hole he just kicked a Persian into.
    ... I can already picture the mod...
    It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity. ~Albert Einstein

Originally Posted by Ashpolt
    Looks cool, but as before, tells us nothing about the game, it's just Eidos Montreal waving their keys at us and yelling "LOOK AT THE SHINY SHINY!"
    Actually, it's Square that's waving the keys, while EM team continues to work quietly in the shadows.

But yes, I'm no more excited about these as I am about any other fan art posted on the forum. Because that's really what it is. Fan art that happens to be commissioned.

Originally Posted by K^2
    Actually, it's Square that's waving the keys, while EM team continues to work quietly in the shadows.
    If we're really going to get pedantic about this, it's EM waving keys that were created by Square, to their design. :P

Originally Posted by K^2
    But yes, I'm no more excited about these as I am about any other fan art posted on the forum. Because that's really what it is. Fan art that happens to be commissioned.
    Hadn't really thought about it that way, but that's fair.

Originally Posted by Blade_hunter
    I wonder if moderators are going to, erm, moderate me (like they did in Thief 4 forums) if I say that this looks suspiciously homo.

Beware this guy is looking like Belletete, and the funny thing is: Belletete in french means beautiful head
    If you want to make enemies; just dumb something down
    The manderley song => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WnBeglPl7s

Originally Posted by Kodaemon
    There is something strange about this pic. Does it mean that there is 1st person view after all?

Originally Posted by Jedi Exile
    There is something strange about this pic. Does it mean that there is 1st person view after all?
    ... are you serious?

The entire game is in first person.
    Only when you go into cover or perform specific "take downs" will the game switch to third person briefly.
    It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity. ~Albert Einstein

They've stated that the game will be mostly first person. The complaints that are being leveled are that some people don't think its necessary to move to third person in the "few" instances that it will. No one here knows exactly how this will be implemented or how frequently 3rd person will be used. While it doesn't bother me, it's still a legitimate complaint however since some (actually many here) people don't like 3rd person. It stems mostly from the fact that we don't haven't been given enough info from the developers to give a definite yay or nay.

Wow those screens look awesome... Thanks for whoever posted them

Did you notice that Adam on this art is without his cyber-glasses?
    And Blade_hunter: nice find. This picture is so symbolic... "Belletete" apologies for his mistake. He looks so confused... lol
    Rex Deus Ex

Dunno what vibes some seem to get from that latest pic , but I mostly see a reference to the classic JC staring up.

Oh, and I still think the wall punch is stoopid.

Originally Posted by Ilves
    Oh, and I still think the wall punch is stoopid.
    You mean... like in Red Faction Guerrilla or Battlefield Bad Company with their destructible surroundings? Maybe it will be not so scary at all. I would like that idea if it will be done without fanaticism and prejudice to gameplay. Besides I really want to see some melee combat (like in Alpha protocol or Riddick) as strong part of DXHR gameplay... remember that Denton in DX1 couldn't harm enemies without weapons: he used at least pepper spray or police prod despite he was full-body-NANO-augmented monster.
    Rex Deus Ex

Nobody would complain about destructible environments, I think
    But that's maybe the fact the power makes your punches deadly as a rocket blow, that's seems bit strange.
    Eh I guess Riddick doesn't have TP view switches in melee
    If you want to make enemies; just dumb something down
    The manderley song => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WnBeglPl7s

I don't know why, but to this day, the only thing I see when I look at original Deus Ex box art is this.

Hey guys? With the picture where Adam is looking through the hole, I think I see a robotic arm in the background. That could mean Sarif which means there was some damage during the raid, and Adam's surveying it and getting angry. Also possible he's glaring at the site where he lost his arms.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

Originally Posted by Mr. K
    I think I see a robotic arm in the background.
    You'll have to point. I played with all sorts of filters to try to see something in the background that looked like robotic arm, and came up blank.

Hey guys? With the picture where Adam is looking through the hole, I think I see a robotic arm in the background. That could mean sarif which means there was some damage during the raid and adam's surveying it and getting angry. Also possible he's glaring at the site where he lost his arms.
    U know something we don't know?

But yeah, it does seem to be from the lab area. Which leaves me wondering, how come there would be CG footage of that?

@ K^2: Blurred in the background on the right side; possibly one of them orange industrial robot arms.

Originally Posted by K^2
    You'll have to point. I played with all sorts of filters to try to see something in the background that looked like robotic arm, and came up blank.

Compare to the arms here:

Originally Posted by Ilves
    U know something we don't know?

But yeah, it does seem to be from the lab area. Which leaves me wondering, how come there's CGI footage of that?
    Nah, just speculating.

It shouldn't be surprising that there's CGI footage of the lab- all the assets (including geometry) are straight from EM; if it's been made for the game it can be used for trailers/adverts/glory shots.

Cool screens and all. But still, the only thing we get is more cutscene crap. No in-game screens or gameplay info, except maybe for the aug-reuse/resell/recycle/rewhatever mechanic. It's like they're advertising a CGI movie, not a game. Just looking good doesn't make a game good.

EDIT: One of the things that stand out in the original DX is the absence of cutscenes. And the few ones it has are all in-engine. Sure it may not look as good, but it's great for immersion. And I really don't like the PS2 cutscenes.
    "The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass."

Hey guys? With the picture where Adam is looking through the hole, I think I see a robotic arm in the background. That could mean Sarif which means there was some damage during the raid, and Adam's surveying it and getting angry. Also possible he's glaring at the site where he lost his arms.

Originally Posted by René
    Getting too close to comfort?

^

glory shots.
    Eww.....bad choice of words!

Originally Posted by Ashpolt
    Eww.....bad choice of words!
    Ahem...point. Wasn't thinking of the UK meaning.

Page 8 of 12 First First ... 456789101112 Last