Page 3 of 12 First First 1234567 ... Last

Thread: Screenshots pc gamer

Screenshots pc gamer

For the discussion on HUD, all I have to say that the HUD is generally revealed in the later stages of the game's development. Invisible War, for example, had vastly different HUDs as revealed earlier and later on.

I wouldn't be surprised if they go for a minimal HUD feel in this game either - the crispness of the graphics style reminds me of Mirror's Edge, which was absolutely gorgeous without HUD.

Also, the blood looks unusually realistic. If you look at the blood around the downed guy, it looks actually viscous and splattered realistically, as is the body's contortion. Not something you see in a lot of modern games. Funny, I thought EM was trying to play the whole blood-and-gore low.

Originally Posted by KSingh77
    Who brings a sniper rifle to a close quarter gun fight?these guys played too much modern warfare.
    You do realise that this is some sort of a base and that rifle is just lying there unused right? Can we at least cut down on the EM-bashing in this thread, at least?

And who said I was bashing this thread?

Unless you didn't read my post correctly.

Wow, looks like you're the one with the reading problems here because I totally did not say that.

Translation Update

I ran the caption on the image by Google Translate and this is what I got:

"Aim so as not to damage the implant - which do not need it, is it sold"

I think what this means is that you should aim so that you do not damage enemy augmentations, which can be sold if you don't want to add them to yourself. Which is creepy.

Update 2

I added those accented letters to the translation to get a clearer one.

"Aim so as not to damage the implant - which is of no avail, it is sold"

I think this means that you can't use enemy augmentations, but you can sell them for good price if it isn't damaged. Talk about cyberpunk.

Far Cry 2 "healing" style aug removals? Hammer, chisel and pliers? Yes please!

I'm loving the idea of removing and selling enemy augmentations. I wonder, you could have a cool first-person animation for collecting them (kneel down, unclip some cables and twist the arm out at the shoulder joint, etc), though it might get old after a while.

I'm also liking the idea of returning to Adam's apartment to "examine gathered information." I'm picturing a big corkboard (or the cyberpunk equivalent) with notes, photos, transcripts, etc pinned to it, that gets added to every time you find a new clue to the mystery.

Rampant speculation ahoy!

MyImmortal: Yes the hair is indeed very sexy, I wanna add some gel to his body and do naughty things MMM

And of course there will be a hud...

Originally Posted by Gaunt88
    I'm loving the idea of removing and selling enemy augmentations. I wonder, you could have a cool first-person animation for collecting them (kneel down, unclip some cables and twist the arm out at the shoulder joint, etc), though it might get old after a while.
    Yeah, I like that too. Grab a chainsaw and cut the mechanical leg. I hope this wouldn't get boring, because that would mean that there are lots of enemies with augs. I thought augs are still in experimental state or something.

Originally Posted by Sotsiak
    Yeah, I like that too. Grab a chainsaw and cut the mechanical leg. I hope this wouldn't get boring, because that would mean that there are lots of enemies with augs. I thought augs are still in experimental state or something.
    I was wondering how Adam would be able to walk around with a dozen mechanical arms on his person. Possibly an early version of the hyperspace trenchcoat JC wears . But if they're only used by elite mooks and bosses, augs would become a precious resource, rare but well worth the effort you take in preserving them.

Also... why a chainsaw? Wouldn't that damage the aug as much as the bullets would? The leg would have to be able to be dettached somehow, for mainenance.

Originally Posted by Sabretooth
    Wow, looks like you're the one with the reading problems here because I totally did not say that.

Translation Update

I ran the caption on the image by Google Translate and this is what I got:

"Aim so as not to damage the implant - which do not need it, is it sold"

I think what this means is that you should aim so that you do not damage enemy augmentations, which can be sold if you don't want to add them to yourself. Which is creepy.

Update 2

I added those accented letters to the translation to get a clearer one.

"Aim so as not to damage the implant - which is of no avail, it is sold"

I think this means that you can't use enemy augmentations, but you can sell them for good price if it isn't damaged. Talk about cyberpunk.
    Your first interpretation is the more accurate one: "those which you don't use, you can sell". But I didn't mention that, since I don't think that's actually serious. It's sort of a tradition of all polish gaming mags that all screenshot captions are "funneh" quips.

Originally Posted by Sabretooth
    I think what this means is that you should aim so that you do not damage enemy augmentations, which can be sold if you don't want to add them to yourself.
    I love how this mechanic would force you to be accurate in combat. I guess a gameplay element like this compensates for otherwise 'streamlining' the skills system.

[...] you could have a cool first-person animation for collecting them.
    That's where I draw the line in terms of consolification. Pickups should be instant and not eat up screen time.

Originally Posted by MyImmortal
    Agree, it's looking REAL good so far.

I think it looking like a painting is deliberate? - similar to a graphic novel in style, I really like that!

PS. I really love Adam's hair. How about you?
    Yeah, the figures look like they could belong in a graphic novel. And yes, my eyes were drawn to inspecting his hair and face too... Not to knock the trailer at all, but Adam's facial structure is more distinctive in that concept, like his original, and I love it.

Haha, as for nicking augs, interesting idea but it's just a bit creepy. Respect for the dead and everything!

Originally Posted by Ilves
    That's where I draw the line in terms of consolification. Pickups should be instant and not eat up screen time.
    Fair point, though I don't see how an animation counts as "consolification"

Originally Posted by spyhopping
    Haha, as for nicking augs, interesting idea but it's just a bit creepy. Respect for the dead and everything!
    *In his best Adam's Film Noir Voice* "I didn't like the idea of looting corpses, but sometimes you've gotta forget your scrupples if you want to survive"

^ Maybe if you read consolification as current gen design philosophy it makes more sense.

And regarding hair and other attributes... I'm very impressed with the fidelity to the concept art so far, right from those very first candy colored screens published in 2008 up untill now.

Originally Posted by Exian
    MyImmortal: Yes the hair is indeed very sexy, I wanna add some gel to his body and do naughty things MMM
    Aww! Can I join in?

I think we should wait for further infos, yeah sometimes magazines adds some comments to make some humor with the pic.
    If you want to make enemies; just dumb something down
    The manderley song => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WnBeglPl7s

Also... why a chainsaw? Wouldn't that damage the aug as much as the bullets would? The leg would have to be able to be dettached somehow, for mainenance.
    Well first I like blood and stuff.
    And second you could start cutting some inches above the mechanical leg, then you remove the flesh and clean the machine.

Originally Posted by Shadowdagger
    Aww! Can I join in?
    Of course!
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Originally Posted by Kodaemon
    Your first interpretation is the more accurate one: "those which you don't use, you can sell". But I didn't mention that, since I don't think that's actually serious. It's sort of a tradition of all polish gaming mags that all screenshot captions are "funneh" quips.
    Originally Posted by Blade_hunter
    I think we should wait for further infos, yeah sometimes magazines adds some comments to make some humor with the pic.
    That happens to be a tradition with most magazines worldwide.

But if you read that, it doesn't really seem like much fo a funneh quip. Well that, or Polish magazine previewers have a really odd sense of humour.

And let's not restrict augmentations to arms and legs. Adam's shades and eyes are both augmentations. Ripping out eyeballs from dead bodies... eh well.

Something else for you people to notice is that on the concept art image of Adam relaxing on the chair - if you look at his hand, it appears to have a sort of hole near his elbow. Maybe it's an unused augmentation slot? There appears to be a long item on the table near the whiskey - it might be his blade. I think the concept art imagined his blade something that Adam keeps outside but jams into his body when things get hot. This might be something we'll see in the upcoming trailer.

Dude please let the whole loot the augs from dead corpses be true. That is so evisceral and awesome and as has been stated before it fits cyber punk perfectly! It reminds me of some Wiliam Gibson novels that I won't go into to much to avoid spoilers.

How many bodies can you see?

I can see 2 + possibly 3 more.

The first 2 are the obvious ones right in the foreground.

Is that one on the left hand side, underneath the laundry as you view it? Also directly to the right of the sniper rifle looks like a body feet first towards you sort of leaning on its side?

The last one is obscure - to the right hand side of the image, between the weapon that is being fired and the tyres on the floor - does that look like a possible crumpled human form? To the right of the tyres there is a line of bullet holes going across the wall...

Originally Posted by MyImmortal
    Of course!
    Cool! I'll bring the hand cuffs!

Originally Posted by LyreOfNero
    Dude please let the whole loot the augs from dead corpses be true. That is so evisceral and awesome and as has been stated before it fits cyber punk perfectly! It reminds me of some Wiliam Gibson novels that I won't go into to much to avoid spoilers.
    And why not looting the robots as well :P
    If you want to make enemies; just dumb something down
    The manderley song => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WnBeglPl7s

Originally Posted by Kodaemon
    "After exploring, Adam will drop by his apartment to save the game and examine gathered information"
    I can't believe people aren't throwing a fit about it. I'd think that everyone is holding very neutral about the game, if I haven't seen the HR threads.

Seriously? Having to go to apartment to save? Even if there are checkpoints for automatic quick-saves, this is terrible. It's even worse than ME2's zones where you cannot save.

Is that another symptom of trying to "fix" the health system? Making it possible to save anywhere with regenerating health makes the game too easy?

I cannot imagine a single rational person looking at a game like Deus Ex, and saying, "That would be better if you couldn't save wherever you wanted." I demand an explanation.

^ The way I see it, as it stands, the quote about saving is about as definitive as that 2010 release date.

If that is the only place that you can save then yes that's a terrible design in my opinion. However that may be something that was muddled during the translation. I don't see any reason to not have a save anywhere policy in any rpg, rts, or fps (or really most games for that matter).

What does make me curious is that if you can save anywhere, why is it note worthy that you can save in the apartment?

Page 3 of 12 First First 1234567 ... Last