Page 3 of 9 First First 1234567 ... Last

Thread: Kane & Lynch movie

Kane & Lynch movie

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,603
    Originally Posted by ohitspatty
    How can't we all just agree that the movie is going to be fantastic?!
    Think positive.
    Can't think...positive! Too much..work...can't do it..the film will be a..a..awe...aweso.... UTTERLY . My feces has more amusement!

  2. #52
    Originally Posted by SlashPrower
    Hey, I heard that Brian Bloom sucked in the new A-Team movie, but not as bad as Rampage did. Can anyone confirm?
    Bit off topic but Brian also co wrote the A-Team movie
    360 Gamertag: Morphilms
    I don't give a about the men! Just shut that thing up and drive.

  3. #53
    It amuses me to see everyone so in a rage about a *gasp* black man *gasp* portraying Lynch... as if they could merely switch him out with Kevin Gage and this movie would all of a sudden not suck.

    News flash folks... this movie is going to SUCK. It's a statistical certainty. No matter if Kevin Gage, Jason Statham, or Jamie Foxx is up there... it's never going to be up to the standards of the ravenous Kane & Lynch community here. Frankly I don't think any Kane & Lynch movie would be, unless they just took 2 hours of in-game footage and threw it up on the screen and charged people 8 bucks to go see it.

    Some of you guys need to chill the out, and accept this for what it is... one guys interpretation of the Kane & Lynch story. It's going to suck. We all know it's going to suck. The amount of suckage is capped though, with the addition of Bruce Willis. So no matter how much this movie sucks, we know that Bruce Willis will at least keep it out of the endless eternal void of suck that is known only as the 5 dollar bargain bin at Walmart.

    and if you think Bruce Willis can't make suck movies, just go watch "Hostage" (2005) ... I dare you. Ben Foster couldn't even save that piece of crap. Ben *** Foster couldn't even do it folks. What does that tell you?

  4. #54
    Bruce Willis makes a lot of suck movies nowadays.

    See: Hostage, Surrogates

    Interpreting something to adapt it to the screen is fine. I'm okay with subtracting things, condensing other things, etc. It's just that Kyle Ward's interpretation is so incredibly loose that it's pretty much unrelated to the game.

    I mean, the movie's about Cold War experiments and saving the world.
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

  5. #55
    Originally Posted by SlashPrower
    Bruce Willis makes a lot of suck movies nowadays.

    See: Hostage, Surrogates

    Interpreting something to adapt it to the screen is fine. I'm okay with subtracting things, condensing other things, etc. It's just that Kyle Ward's interpretation is so incredibly loose that it's pretty much unrelated to the game.

    I mean, the movie's about Cold War experiments and saving the world.
    Wait, what?

  6. #56
    Michael mann would be a good director for K&L the movie. lol

  7. #57
    I don't think so. Michael Mann develops every single character down to the very last detail. Watch the director's commentary on the 2nd disc of "Collateral" and you'll see the extent to which Mann develops characters. He's insane.

    Simply put... Kane & Lynch are not nearly developed enough for Michael Mann to ever accept them. He'd want to do a lot of backstory himself, before he ever took on a project like this. Hell, for the movie "Heat" he actually had a bunch of people research west coast prison crews for his movie. Neil's tattoos are authentic. This is the kind of director Michael Mann is.

    He wouldn't put up with the Kane & Lynch story for very long, I would guess. Too many plot holes. Too many questions left unanswered. The game goes out of it's way to make everything needlessly confusing, in an attempt to make things zomg ULTRA SUPAR REALISMTIC TIME LOl when in actuality, all it does is leave Kane & Lynch as half-baked characters with no real backstory.

  8. #58

    Arrow

    Originally Posted by YoungZer0
    Wait, what?
    I wholly recommend you to keep up with us by taking the real train and not the Slow ass train ...

    Originally Posted by taylornathan2991
    Michael mann would be a good director for K&L the movie. lol
    What's so funny about that ? It's a fact ! ...

    Originally Posted by Kent-45
    I don't think so. Michael Mann develops every single character down to the very last detail. Watch the director's commentary on the 2nd disc of "Collateral" and you'll see the extent to which Mann develops characters. He's insane.

    Simply put... Kane & Lynch are not nearly developed enough for Michael Mann to ever accept them. He'd want to do a lot of backstory himself, before he ever took on a project like this. Hell, for the movie "Heat" he actually had a bunch of people research west coast prison crews for his movie. Neil's tattoos are authentic. This is the kind of director Michael Mann is.

    He wouldn't put up with the Kane & Lynch story for very long, I would guess. Too many plot holes. Too many questions left unanswered. The game goes out of it's way to make everything needlessly confusing, in an attempt to make things zomg ULTRA SUPAR REALISMTIC TIME LOl when in actuality, all it does is leave Kane & Lynch as half-baked characters with no real backstory.
    No Kent , we're saying that we much prefer Michael Mann to make up a story , just like Kyle Ward did , put Lynch and Kane in it , just like Kyle Ward did , and make a good movie out of it , unlike what Kyle Ward did ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

  9. #59
    Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    I wholly recommend you to keep up with us by taking the real train and not the Slow ass train ...



    What's so funny about that ? It's a fact ! ...



    No Kent , we're saying that we much prefer Michael Mann to make up a story , just like Kyle Ward did , put Lynch and Kane in it , just like Kyle Ward did , and make a good movie out of it , unlike what Kyle Ward did ...
    What I'm saying is that Michael Mann couldn't do that. You couldn't sit Michael Mann down in a director's chair, hand him the characters of Kane & Lynch (as they are established by IO, up to this point) and say "Make a movie out of these two"

    he couldn't do it. He'd go back and rewrite tons of stuff for both of these characters. It wouldn't even be Kane & Lynch by the time he was done with them.

  10. #60

    Cool

    Originally Posted by Kent-45
    he couldn't do it. He'd go back and rewrite tons of stuff for both of these characters. It wouldn't even be Kane & Lynch by the time he was done with them.
    Which is WHY We Would MUCH PREFER Mister Mann to Do Whatever the hell he wants with Lynch and Kane then leaving it all to KYLE WARD , WE WOULD PREFER MANN TO IT ALL UP , Because even at its worst , it would still be a *** Masterpiece compared to Ward's work ! ...

    Is that so *** hard to believe ? ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

  11. #61
    I like my slow train. At least it never crashes.

    But seriously, what the is she talking about? Does she mean the script? I never read it, i'd love to though.

  12. #62

    Arrow

    Originally Posted by YoungZer0
    I like my slow train. At least it never crashes.

    But seriously, what the is she talking about? Does she mean the script? I never read it, i'd love to though.
    The script was leaked online years ago , and someone even posted it on this forum , Slash was one of those who read that awful script from beginning to end , and then she made a twenty minute rant of it on youtube ...

    Everybody seems to be convinced that this script is real , i however remain quite suspicious about it ... from the excerpts i read it just looks too stupid to be real , surely it must have gone through some severe change since then ... or maybe it was just some terrible fanfic posed up as the real script ...

    PS : Of course your bloody train never crashes , it barely moves ! ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

  13. #63

    Big Grin

    Originally Posted by YoungZer0
    Apropos Law Abiding Citizen.

    News says that Director F. Gary Gray is in talks to direct Kane & Lynch.
    Originally Posted by JackGordon
    That's good news!
    LOL , guess what Jack Gordon said back in March Second 2010 in another topic about the Kane & Lynch movie ...

    Originally Posted by JackGordon
    I'd recommend F. Gary Grey...
    CONSPIRACY ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

  14. #64
    Originally Posted by YoungZer0
    I like my slow train. At least it never crashes.

    But seriously, what the is she talking about? Does she mean the script? I never read it, i'd love to though.
    *sigh* I'll repost the summary I did in another thread.

    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

  15. #65
    Wow, the number of times you've needed to post that is astounding. You should probably make it your sig or something.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

  16. #66
    Kyle Ward should be arrested for rape.

  17. #67
    It's worse than just rape, it's murder too.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,603
    Rape, murder, incest, theft, manslaughter, breaking and entering, assault, GBH, jaywalking. Kyle needs to pay for these crimes!

  19. #69
    Originally Posted by SlashPrower
    *sigh* I'll repost the summary I did in another thread.

    You gotta be *** kidding me.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,603
    Lol, the entire script is a joke. Anyone know what Kyle was smoking when he made the script?

  21. #71
    I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure Grievous has a healthy supply of it.
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,859
    Honestly...if it wasn't a Kane & Lynch flick but just a shoot-em buddy flick I might even enjoy it because the action in it fun and the dialogue is punchy.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    130
    Originally Posted by sigrun
    I think people are blowing the whole Jamie Fox as Lynch way out of proportion, and it's sad to see people doing so just because he is black.
    no one wants a monkey playing lynch

  24. #74
    Originally Posted by kelly is belly
    no one wants a monkey playing lynch
    Isn't that, I dunno... racist, or something?
    Ask me about my opinions - They're great

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,603
    Oh dear. Incoming race war!

    Slash, then i am guessing Kyle smokes , alot of ! As pretty much anything that comes out of Grievous mouth is !

Page 3 of 9 First First 1234567 ... Last