Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last

Thread: Kane & Lynch movie

Kane & Lynch movie

Kane & Lynch movie

Latino reviews reports that Ex-Stunt Coordinator and wannabe Director Simon Crane has left the project. A trustworthy source at Millennium said that the Studio and Crane had some fat beef and parted ways.

The new director in talks is Wayne Kramer who's responsible for Running Scared and Crossing Over.

Good news if you ask me, i liked Running Scared.

Bad news: Foxx is still in.

Source.

That's a good start on cleaning up this mess. Another thing is that Kramer always gets involved with the scriptwriting and for the most part actually writes his own. Maybe he can save the storyline from being "Not Another Action Movie With Pointless Slow-Mo and Awful One-Liners".

Originally Posted by YoungZer0
    Bad news: Foxx is still in.[/url]
    This.

Running Scared had some terrific scenes, this might be a good choice!

The only good thing about Running Scared were the artsy ending credits.

Originally Posted by JackGordon
    This.
    This x2. Seriously, what the hell was Jamie thinking? I am actually surprised he would audition for a white guy....Whatever Kyle was smoking when he chose Jame. I want some.

Might aswell replace Bruce Willis with Jackie Chan or Jet Lee.

I hope Jamie Fox is reading these forums and cries himself to sleep.

Jackie Chan for Kane! I'd watch that only if they replace Jamie Foxx with
    Chris Tucker! Now that's a Kane & Lynch we all want to see.

Originally Posted by JackGordon
    The only good thing about Running Scared were the artsy ending credits.
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man

Good for you if you enjoyed it. I, as a movie buff, just couldn't. But anyways, back on topic...

As a movie buff I would assume you'd take the Dude's quote lightly.

I never saw either, but I doubt that this movie can be saved.

Now, if you told me that Kyle Ward had been dumped and they had adopted an entirely different script, well...

Originally Posted by ohitspatty
    As a movie buff I would assume you'd take the Dude's quote lightly.
    Oh, I do. Let's go bowling!

@JackGordon, That's what I'm talking about

Anyway,

@SlashPrower, at least now it has a potential to have good visuals.

Chris Tucker! Now that's a Kane & Lynch we all want to see.
    Kane & Lynch: Rush Hour

I think people are blowing the whole Jamie Fox as Lynch way out of proportion, and it's sad to see people doing so just because he is black.

I think the problem lies more with how much the character has changed. Jamie Foxx could not play the original Lynch, but he is playing the new one. The new one is so different from the original, that people are associating Jamie Foxx with the new awful one. That and there is the fact that it's an obvious attempt to just throw out another buddy cop type of movie because Hollywood seems to think you can't make a buddy cop style movie without one of the main characters being black lest they be accused of racism.

Originally Posted by sigrun
    I think people are blowing the whole Jamie Fox as Lynch way out of proportion, and it's sad to see people doing so just because he is black.
    Jamie Foxx will blow Lynch's character out of proportions.

It's not just because he's black, it's also because he is nothing what Lynch should be. Foxx looks young(for his age), he's in shape, and has a very sophisticated look on his face. That's nothing like an overweight balding redneck with a mullet.

Jamie Foxx will blow Lynch's character out of proportions.

It's not just because he's black, it's also because he is nothing what Lynch should be. Foxx looks young(for his age), he's in shape, and has a very sophisticated look on his face. That's nothing like an overweight balding redneck with a mullet.
    Seconded.

Plus, when I look at his other roles, I get the feeling that he couldn't give off the same sort of psychotic, nervous, sort of always-on-edge energy that Lynch has. His roles are more subdued.

You know who he could have been good as? That FBI agent chasing them around in the movie. If you've seen Law Abiding Citizen, you know he could pull that off well in his sleep.

It actually annoys me too when the only reason that people give for not liking Jamie Foxx is because he's black.

Originally Posted by SlashPrower
    Law Abiding Citizen
    That movie was a bloody nice surprise!

Wink

Meh , i'll make my own Kane & Lynch movie , and i get to play as Lynch ...

OR i'll hire Kevin Gage , that way we'll all be happy ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Hire Kevin Gage and give me a cameo as a bystander, possibly one of the people in the Mizuki. I doubt I'd fit anywhere else.

Rolleyes

If you want to get slapped by Kevin Gage you can play Yoko ...
    If you want to get shot and die under heavy rain you can play as Jenny ...
    Or you can make voice only cameo by playing Annie Lynch , in which you also die ...

Ok , i'll make a new female role that doesn't brutally die then ...

22. Originally Posted by SlashPrower
    Hire Kevin Gage and give me a cameo as a bystander, possibly one of the people in the Mizuki. I doubt I'd fit anywhere else.
    Your a woman, you dont fit anywhere besides the kitchen.

Im joking

Thumbs Up

Good , she'll play Annie Lynch then , wasn't her corpse left at the kitchen table ? ...

Originally Posted by SlashPrower
    Seconded.

Plus, when I look at his other roles, I get the feeling that he couldn't give off the same sort of psychotic, nervous, sort of always-on-edge energy that Lynch has. His roles are more subdued.

You know who he could have been good as? That FBI agent chasing them around in the movie. If you've seen Law Abiding Citizen, you know he could pull that off well in his sleep.

It actually annoys me too when the only reason that people give for not liking Jamie Foxx is because he's black.
    Apropos Law Abiding Citizen.

News says that Director F. Gary Gray is in talks to direct Kane & Lynch. F. Gary Gray is responsible for movies like Set It Off, The Negotiator, A Man Apart, The Italian Job, Be Cool and most recently Law Abiding Citizen.

Full story here:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/06/10/...ct-kane-lynch/

That's good news! Now replace Foxx, rewrite the script and this might turn out to be a decent video game adaptation.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last