Thread: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Well I just wanted to inform you guys about the next Assassin's Creed game, so alright here we go:

Originally, Ubisoft Montreal announced that they will be making a direct-sequel to Assassin's Creed 2 that’s story will take place shortly after the ending of the previous game, with Ezio Auditore da Firenze returning as the main protagonist (meaning it is not an expansion pack, but a full-blown game in which you once again play as the main character of Assassin's Creed 2) under the working title of Assassin's Creed: Episodes. It then was changed to Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood.

The official press release states that the single-player campaign gameplay (“set in the living, breathing, unpredictable city of Rome”) is expected to offer to last 15 hours, and sees Ezio with the possibility to recruit and train “promising young Assassins” for deployment across the historical capital, or call upon to aid Ezio in his quests.
    Also in the quests, Ezio will once again meet with real historical characters such as Leonardo da Vinci, Niccolò Machiavelli and Caterina Sforza with whom he can collaborate and also by helping out citizens of Rome and convincing them to join the cause will unlock extra factions and missions. Rather than using money earned to bolster a villa, you'll fix up Rome itself, which will change Ezio’s social standing, unlock missions and curry favor with various factions. Old weapons and devices from previous games will carry over, such as fists, metal cestus, hidden blades, poison hidden blades, hidden guns, throwing knives, long swords, short swords, short blades, daggers, axes, maces, labrys, hammers, clubs, spears, halberds, smoke bombs, and maybe even improper weapons (brooms, hoes, rakes, fishing poles, pitch forks, and viellas) or, if Desmond is included, modern weapons such as the guard security baton stick, not to mention Leonardo da Vinci’s flying machine, which is now more advanced and presumably useful in more than a single mission this time. Also, new “secret weapons” will be introduced in the game including poison darts, parachutes, syringes (extrapolates on a hollowed out version of the hidden blade used for delivering poison in Assassin's Creed II), bladed fans, switchblades (version of the hidden blade), a claw, and a crossbow (seen on Ezio's back in the concept art).

The basic story is that Ezio Auditore da Firenze, now a master assassin, continued his hunt for Templars and therefore went to Rome, the headquarters of the Templar order. Together with the other members of the Assassin order, he took out the remnants of the Italian Templars. So basically, the summary is that Ezio is leading the brotherhood into a hunt for Templars.
    The game will be the first in the series to introduce multiplayer gameplay (besides “Assassin's Creed II: Multiplayer” for the iPod Touch). Apparently, the multiplayer has a narrative justification, meaning it is justified in the story. While details have not been revealed, it has been confirmed that it will be online through Xbox Live and PlayStation Network, and Games for Windows – Live and that there will be a multiplayer beta. Players will also be allowed to choose an assassin from one of the factions in the storyline to play as. The multiplayer is being developed by Ubisoft Annecy, who created the online component of Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, and is said to feature “multiple authentic character classes” each of whom will use “signature weapons and killing moves.” The player is given the choice to pick either a Templar or a Master Assassin as their character, each with their own abilities and attacks. The player may also choose to side with Abstergo, to train in the art of assassination and kill for the Templars.

The game is up for preorder at a discount for ₤49.99 at Ubisoft (does not help me; I'm an American lol) but if you want a preorder bonus, GameStop is offering an exclusive preorder bonus: the Harlequin as a multiplayer character, although if past Assassin's Creed “retailer exclusive” bonuses are any indication, the Harlequin will be available for all to play eventually (the preorder Black Edition maps were available as a bundle with Sequence 13 as DLC). GameStop’s description: “Reserve Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and receive the GameStop exclusive multiplayer character, Harlequin. Behind the gaudy costume and twisted smile lies the soul of a merciless Assassin. You call yourself the Harlequin. Your victims will call you a walking nightmare. Available online and in-store while supplies lasts.” Also, Amazon is offering $10 off a future video game purchase (the promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two business days after your product ships and to redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process.) and $5 worth of MP3 downloads from Amazon MP3. Lastly, Wal-Mart’s Gamecenter is offering a $50 eGift card to anyone who pre-orders three or more of this year's upcoming titles, including Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood.

A temporary place holder box art features our friend Ezio, surrounded by a group of unknown assassins, presumably representing the brotherhood that appears in the title, as well as the blurb on the back cover. The little blurb on the back of the box art cover boasts: “Live and breathe as Ezio, now a legendary master assassin, in his struggle against the Templar order. Lead your own brotherhood of Assassins and strike at the heart of the enemy: Rome. And for the first time, take part in an innovative multiplayer layer allowing you to embody an assassin of your choosing and define their killing style. A never-before-seen online multiplayer experience. Lead your own band of assassins, as Ezio, and conquer Rome.”

It will be released for the Xbox 360, the PlayStation 3, and the PC on November 16th, 2010.

There is a high likelihood of Desmond Miles being in this new project, as his voice actor Nolan North has admitted to be working on a new unnamed Assassin's Creed game.

So anyways, in my oh so humble opinion, it looks absolutely FANTASTIC, pro, 1337, legit, k00L, freaking amazing, and just plain 'EFFFIN OWSUM on massively epic proportions roflmao. I will be preordering it at GameStop and buying it day one.

- MASTER THE POSSIBILITIES – As Ezio, a legendary Master Assassin, experience over 15 hours of single-player gameplay set in the living, breathing, unpredictable city of Rome.
    LEAD A LEGENDARY BROTHERHOOD – Recruit and train promising young Assassins. Deploy them across the city as you see fit, or call upon them to aid you in your quests.
    - EXPERIENCE A RICH HISTORICAL TAPESTRY – Collaborate with real historical characters such as Leonardo da Vinci, Niccolò Machiavelli and Caterina Sforza.
    - WIN THE HEART OF A CITY – Use your hard-won currency to revitalize the crumbling capital city. Rally the citizens to your cause and unlock extra factions and missions.
    - DEPLOY SECRET WEAPONS – Devastate your enemies with poison darts, parachutes, double hidden blades, hidden guns, and an advanced flying machine.
    - MEMORABLE MULTIPLAYER – Choose from multiple authentic character classes, each with their own signature weapons and killing moves. With richly-detailed maps and a wide variety of unique multiplayer modes, you’ll never fight the same way twice.

GameStop’s description: Live and breathe as Ezio, a legendary Master Assassin, in his enduring struggle against the powerful Templar Order. He must journey into Italy’s greatest city, Rome, center of power, greed and corruption to strike at the heart of the enemy. Defeating the corrupt tyrants entrenched there will require not only strength, but leadership, as Ezio commands an entire Brotherhood who will rally to his side. Only by working together can the Assassins defeat their mortal enemies and prevent the extinction of their Order. And for the first time, introducing a never-before-seen multiplayer layer that allows you to choose from a wide range of Assassin characters, each with their own unique weapons and assassination techniques, and match your skills against other Assassins from around the world. It’s time to join the Brotherhood.

Amazon’s description: Experience a rich historical tapestry by collaborating with real historical characters such as Leonardo da Vinci, Niccolò Machiavelli and Caterina Sforza. Win the heart of the city by using your hard-won currency to revitalize the crumbling capital city. Rally the citizens to your cause and unlock extra factions and missions. Deploy secret weapons and devastate your enemies with poison darts, parachutes, double hidden blades, hidden guns, and an advanced flying machine.
    IGN’s description: The critically acclaimed single-player experience of Assassin's Creed is back and better than ever as Ezio returns in an epic struggle against the powerful Templar Order.
    Now a legendary Master Assassin, Ezio must journey into Italy's greatest city, Rome, center of power, greed and corruption to strike at the heart of the enemy. Defeating the corrupt tyrants entrenched there will require not only strength, but leadership, as Ezio commands an entire Brotherhood that will rally to his side. Only by working together can the Assassins defeat their mortal enemies.
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood offers a never-before-seen multiplayer layer. Players can help the Templars by using Abstergo to train in the art of Assassination to eliminate the Assassins once and for all. Players can choose from a wide range of unique characters, each with their own signature weapons and assassination techniques, and match their skills against other players from all over the world in different game modes.

The first game type revealed has you pitted against others where you have a target and you are someone else's target. The goal is to kill without breaking your cover. Targets will only be shown to be what type and in what general area. (credit to spaceboy for posting the information from Official Playstation Magazine).

Pictures:

http://destructoid.com/elephant/phot...72965#prevnext

http://www.joystiq.com/photos/assass...d-brotherhood/

Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/assassinscreed

(credit to Taildan for notifying me about it's new E3 gameplay and trailers. )

For more information:

http://assassinscreed.us.ubi.com/brotherhood

P.S: This took me about an hour to type so I hope you guys get some use out of it lol.
    signature image

Old news, but still awesome. I'm interested to see how it turns out.
    Add me on PSN or Steam: Talidan or Windows/Xbox Live: KawaiiCuddles (Don't ask :P )
    www.cheatmasters.com

It's gonna be freaking epic!
    signature image

yeah this will be great I assume. I really like what I've read of the MP. The first game type revealed has you pitted against others where you have a target and you are someone else's target. The goal is to kill without breaking your cover. Targets will only be shown to be what type and in what general area. I think the biggest thing will be how well and how random the AI are programmed. It ought to be easy to pick out the movements of a playable character vs. an NPC. I hope it works though
    --------
    http://mygamepages.com forums and member created pages

Originally Posted by spaceboy
    yeah this will be great I assume. I really like what I've read of the MP. The first game type revealed has you pitted against others where you have a target and you are someone else's target. The goal is to kill without breaking your cover. Targets will only be shown to be what type and in what general area. I think the biggest thing will be how well and how random the AI are programmed. It ought to be easy to pick out the movements of a playable character vs. an NPC. I hope it works though
    Wow, that sounds k00L, I did not even know they released information about the gametypes. I hope you do not mind, but I added it to the main post (ur credited of course). Nice find!
    signature image

lol - the true credit goes to the Official Playstation Magazine where I read it! There is like a 4 page writeup on the game (the cover is of the game as well) so pick it up to read up more on it. My must buy list is starting to grow again!
    --------

lol - the true credit goes to the Official Playstation Magazine where I read it! There is like a 4 page writeup on the game (the cover is of the game as well) so pick it up to read up more on it. My must buy list is starting to grow again!
    I now gave them credit as well lol.
    signature image

It is a great game!, only two gripes for me really, the camera and mouse speed, the camera attempting to keep things in view when your running or fighting can be very disorientating, the mouse even at max settings is still too slow, I can spin faster than that!.

Those little gripes aside I have beaten the main story and it was a blast, I'm now doing the side missions and collectables, it's going to be hard to return to JC2 even with a patch after seeing the graphics in AC2, and crowds!!, there are actually crowds of people and they are a work of art in animatiion and model.

As for game play, Ezio may not have a grappling hook but he can sure climb, one of my favorite stunts has got to be the leap of faith, I go out of my way to find places to do that.

The assassin's tomb's can be a bit of a pain but that's down to the camera, I would have like more freedom on camera movement, it took me nearly an hour to solve the first of four of Marco's puzzles, mind you, once I worked out I had more time than I thought I stopped rushing and making mistakes DOH!
    I have the power to create catastrophy!

Originally Posted by RunningBare
    It is a great game!, only two gripes for me really, the camera and mouse speed, the camera attempting to keep things in view when your running or fighting can be very disorientating, the mouse even at max settings is still too slow, I can spin faster than that!
    I suggest using a gamepad of some sort. If you have an Xbox 360 with a wired controller or a PS3 then you could use one of them, or buy a cheap gamepad/used wired 360 controller. Some games are just easier with one.
    Add me on PSN or Steam: Talidan or Windows/Xbox Live: KawaiiCuddles (Don't ask :P )
    www.cheatmasters.com

all this talk makes me want to get back to do the side missions and races I never did. I also just downloaded the soundtrack so I'm feeling the need to visit Venice again.
    --------

all this talk makes me want to get back to do the side missions and races I never did. I also just downloaded the soundtrack so I'm feeling the need to visit Venice again.
    OMFG yes u should; they are fun as hell. Assassin's Creed 2 is amazing, it was my favorite game ever until Just Cause 2, which was my favorite game ever until Red Dead Redemption came out.

Did u find all of the feathers? Assassin's Creed 2 was the first game I actually 100% completed and got 1000/1000 gamerscore in it (besides Dash of Destruction and Jurassic: The Hunted, but they were easy as hell).
    signature image

I did get all the feathers and glyphs (with a little help from an online guide for both). I got all the trophies (my first ever Platinum lol). But obviously I didn't complete the game 100% with all those side missions and races. Good to hear you say they're worth it - I will put the disc in soon. I agree it's a great game, as are JC2 and RDR. Currently I'm also playing God of War III and I just rented Split/Second and can't put the game down - so much fun - and I'm not even done yet with RDR...
    --------

I did get all the feathers and glyphs (with a little help from an online guide for both). I got all the trophies (my first ever Platinum lol). But obviously I didn't complete the game 100% with all those side missions and races. Good to hear you say they're worth it - I will put the disc in soon. I agree it's a great game, as are JC2 and RDR. Currently I'm also playing God of War III and I just rented Split/Second and can't put the game down - so much fun - and I'm not even done yet with RDR...
    Yeah, I used the store bought guide for the feathers and glyphs as well. I just did the side missions when they appeared, so when I completed the game, that's all that was left.

But yeah I am only on the second mission of Red Dead Redemption, but I am level 24 in the multiplayer. It is just so freaking fun! I 'EFFIN LUV IT!!!
    signature image

Did you buy the DLC episodes? What did you think? I haven't bought them.
    --------

Did you buy the DLC episodes? What did you think? I haven't bought them.
    Yes, I loved them. They are actually some of my favorite missions in the entire game. I liked Sequence 12: Battle of Forli for the hilarious dialogue and the Orsi brothers and Sequence 13: Bonfire of the Vanties for the assassinations. Buy them both. When u buy Battle of Forli though, there are some sequences when Caterina Sforza says some...interesting and foul-mouthed things to say the least the least sp even if the game tells u to continue in the mission, wait until Caterina Sforza is finished talking. And put the English subtitles on because she sometimes will speak in Italian and English in the same dialgoue.

P.S: There are 2 versions of Sequence 13: Bonfire of the Vanities. I will tell u which one u should buy, depending on the answer to this question. Did u preorder Assassin's Creed 2 or just bought it (and did u buy it new or used) and do you have a limited or special editon, or just the plain old regular edition?
    signature image

cool - perhaps I will get them. One of the points of hesitation was the file size of each was supposed to be gig each right? ugh. I pre-ordered it from Amazon but I think it was just the regular edition. I did get the Auditore family tomb from the uplay points, but I think that's the only special thing I have.
    --------

cool - perhaps I will get them. One of the points of hesitation was the file size of each was supposed to be gig each right? ugh. I pre-ordered it from Amazon but I think it was just the regular edition. I did get the Auditore family tomb from the uplay points, but I think that's the only special thing I have.
    Yeah there is a little less then 1 gig each, but if u did not get any special content, listen to this.

There are 2 versions of Sequence 13. One includes just that mission, while the other, more expensive one includes the three preorder/limited edition templar lairs. They are basically like the assassin's tombs. I got one from preorder, and one from the limited American edition, and I still bought the more expensive version to get the last map. It was worth it to me, because u can replay them and they are fun as hell. So if I were u, I would by Sequence 12 and Sequence 13 with the DLC Templar Lairs.
    signature image

GameStop’s description: Live and breathe as Ezio, a legendary Master Assassin, in his enduring struggle against the powerful Templar Order MB2-633. He must journey into Italy’s greatest city, Rome, center of power, greed and corruption to strike at the heart of the enemy. Defeating the corrupt tyrants entrenched there will require not only strength, but leadership, as Ezio commands an entire Brotherhood who will rally to his side. Only by working together 640-721 can the Assassins defeat their mortal enemies and prevent the extinction of their Order. And for the first time, introducing a never-before-seen multiplayer layer that allows you to 642-359 choose from a wide range of Assassin characters, each with their own unique weapons and assassination techniques, and match your skills against other Assassins from around the world. It’s time to join the 642-262 Brotherhood.

cant wait getting it for christmas