Page 3 of 3 First First 123

Thread: Just Cause 2 $10,000 YouTube Stunt Challenge thread

Just Cause 2 $10,000 YouTube Stunt Challenge thread

They should extend the entry time...it would be nice for questions to be answered in a timely fashion...
    Add me on PSN or Steam: Talidan or Windows/Xbox Live: KawaiiCuddles (Don't ask :P )
    www.cheatmasters.com

I've asked here, in another seperate post (which one of the mods responded then closed without helping at all, good work there man), and sent messages to the official youtube page with no answer.

I simply used the menu music as a background song. I believe its considered just cause 2 audio so why not. If it isnt i can easily remove and just upload the video with no music, so long they ask me to do it before the contest entry period ends..

Uploaded my entry yesterday, wondering when they'll actually put it on their channel now.

Originally Posted by DuvalAK47
    I've asked here, in another seperate post (which one of the mods responded then closed without helping at all, good work there man), and sent messages to the official youtube page with no answer.

I simply used the menu music as a background song. I believe its considered just cause 2 audio so why not. If it isnt i can easily remove and just upload the video with no music, so long they ask me to do it before the contest entry period ends..

Uploaded my entry yesterday, wondering when they'll actually put it on their channel now.

It is just cause 2 Audio.
    We want JC2MP now!
    Hail the almighty Dual Hook

6. Your video may not contain copyrighted music or content of any kind other than Just Cause 2 game play and audio
    It's crystal clear to me, I don't know why the confusion.

Big Grin

I'm not from the US but could you guys check out my vids, thanks http://www.youtube.com/user/Altangobluue

I submitted my video about a week ago, wondering if I am supposed to get some sort of confirmation that they recieved it. When you upload it and the upload supposedly finishes, it just takes you back to the entry beginning with no confirmation.

Has anyone uploaded a video to this contest that could confirm that your supposed to get a confirmation or not?

Lol ok then so 3 words & a face: This Challenge Fails -_-
    Insert Coin Here --> [===========] <-- and make me rich

Anytime I try to upload a video to the contest site it completes, but then gives an error message.

"An error has occured. Error ID 6"

What does this error mean? Is there a file type or size limitation? I'm trying to upload a 130 MB 720p MP4. I upload these to YouTube all the time no problem, so I don't think that is the issue. If a mod or official person could comment on this I would be grateful, since the deadline is soon approaching.

Originally Posted by NeoQuixotic
    Anytime I try to upload a video to the contest site it completes, but then gives an error message.

"An error has occured. Error ID 6"

What does this error mean? Is there a file type or size limitation? I'm trying to upload a 130 MB 720p MP4. I upload these to YouTube all the time no problem, so I don't think that is the issue. If a mod or official person could comment on this I would be grateful, since the deadline is soon approaching.
    Im not sure a size limit exists, when i upload my 500mb video it just goes back to the first part of the sign up when its supposedly finished. never seen an error ID 6.

I still can't upload anything. I always get the "Error ID 6" when the transfer completes. I've tried many different file formats and sizes. I've tried 4 different browsers, different computers, and connecting directly to my modem with no router or firewall. I'll try a different computer entirely so maybe my IP address is blacklisted for some odd reason. Heck, I'll go somewhere with a different ISP! This is getting ridiculous, I've tried contacting people all over and no answer from anyone. I don't want to be disqualified because your upload system is broken!

Update:

I seem to have fixed it. I don't know exactly what my problem was though. I kept my files under 100 MB and didn't use () or / anywhere in any of the text fields. I now get a message saying thanks for entering, your entry was received. If anyone else is having problems try my suggestions, one of them did it. I just hope all my attempts with an Error didn't actually go through and now they will disqualify me for spamming.

Originally Posted by NeoQuixotic
    I still can't upload anything. I always get the "Error ID 6" when the transfer completes. I've tried many different file formats and sizes. I've tried 4 different browsers, different computers, and connecting directly to my modem with no router or firewall. I'll try a different computer entirely so maybe my IP address is blacklisted for some odd reason. Heck, I'll go somewhere with a different ISP! This is getting ridiculous, I've tried contacting people all over and no answer from anyone. I don't want to be disqualified because your upload system is broken!

Update:

I seem to have fixed it. I don't know exactly what my problem was though. I kept my files under 100 MB and didn't use () or / anywhere in any of the text fields. I now get a message saying thanks for entering, your entry was received. If anyone else is having problems try my suggestions, one of them did it. I just hope all my attempts with an Error didn't actually go through and now they will disqualify me for spamming.
    I compressed my video down to less than 100mb and that seemed to do the trick as well. I guess the 500mb size was a bit too much =/.

Who won?

When is the winner going to be announced?

I have no idea.
    We want JC2MP now!
    Hail the almighty Dual Hook

My video has yet to even be posted..

Rolleyes

I think the original contest info said the winner would be chosen "on or about August 6," so I guess they're either still judging or waiting to announce or waiting to hear back from said winner for confirmation. I'd love for it to be one of the first two options because still having a shot at $10,000 would be great for my student loans. Good luck to all, I'm gonna continue to keep fingers crossed.

Who won the 10k contest?

Who won the 10k contest?

idk

any word on the winner?

Hoping to hear the winners name very soon.... and im wondering what he did in his video :P
    Insert Coin Here --> [===========] <-- and make me rich

I'm late to get this on here, but I'm still being asked so it would seem some of you didn't notice the week's worth of activity on justcause.com leading up to the announcement of the winner.

Check it all out here:
    http://justcause.com/articles/52982

I'm probably a little late to post this. But I want to say thank you for choosing me as the winner. Thank you so much to Eidos, Square Enix, and Avalanche Studios for choosing me and creating such an awesome game! Also thanks to Game Informer for inviting me to their offices! For the glory of Panau!

Also, is it possible to get the MVP milestone on my profile?
    http://justcause.com/NeoQuixotic

Oh and to prove that I'm actually the winner and not some random guy.
    http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/354/checkx.jpg

Thanks again. It's been a crazy experience!
    For the glory of Panau!

Page 3 of 3 First First 123