Thread: What games are you playing now?

What games are you playing now?

Predictability is better than...

"No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

Thumbs Up

The thing that made Dead Space great was not its story but rather the whole ambience of the situation ...
    Though the story 'tried' to explain just what the is happening , it just falls short compare to the visual style , the lightning , and especially the great sound design of Dead Space ...
    The plotline therefor is made simple , you have to get out alive , it's kind of like those theme park rides you would expect in Disneyland , strange stuff happens and you don't know what's the whole meaning of it , but you're having a fun time nonetheless ...

True , it would have been a plus if Dead Space had a sophisticated storyline alongside it's great atmosphere , but what it has is already a lot more polished than what Bioshock had to offer ...

Not to mention that Bioshock used a lot more 'cheap scares' than Dead Space ...

PS : three replies in a minute , trophy unlocked ! ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Bioshock is lost in the sea. Seriously where can the game go? If it went back to Rapture it would be stale and if the game was set on land then it would not be Bioshock. It seems Bioshock killed itself.

There was scares in Bioshock?

The "scares" in Bioshock were VERY predictable. The odd splicer jumping around the corner, but was Bioshock intended to be a survival horror?

The scariest Bioshock got wasn't really scary, but creepy with those enemies disguised as statues that only move when you aren't looking.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

Wink

Originally Posted by Brackstone17

Originally Posted by Bevacur
    There was scares in Bioshock?

The "scares" in Bioshock were VERY predictable. The odd splicer jumping around the corner, but was Bioshock intended to be a survival horror?
    Hence why i called them 'cheap scares' ...

Predictability is better than...

A-ha! Wrong!

And about those random boss fights: I liked the fact that you could fight a big daddy whenever you wanted. Beats fighting a tentacle monster in a tumble dryer now, does it?

But yes, Bioshock killed itself with Bioshock 2.

And grievous; NEIN! Dead Space had continuous jump scares. Whenever you thought a monster would pop up, it would.

Und, no Bioshock wasn't supposed to be survival horror. Though that's debatable when playing on, well, survivor.

But hey, we're talking smack about each other's taste in games now. Let's not do that. Besides, before I can finish a post, 70 or so new replies are posted in the meantime... *slaps you all*

The scares in Dead Space were silly, but the hallucinations because of the marker can be scary. A good thing about Dead Space is that a single zombie/monster/space mutant could jump out of a vent and then go back in and jump at you later on in the game was a pretty cool feature.

Dead Space should follow Condemned 1 and 2 for tension and suspence. F.E.A.R has not lived up to its name either.

Dead Space was the obvious choice for a horror then as much to my disappointment Forbidden Siren is a PS3 exclusive..

I need a new horror game! Any ideas?
    Well, the only 360 exclusive (you're also on 360, right?) I can think of at the moment - with horror elements - is Alan Wake.

See, like I said before: this gen sucks when it comes to quality horror titles.

A good thing about Dead Space is that a single zombie/monster/space mutant could jump out of a vent and then go back in and jump at you later on in the game was a pretty cool feature.
    True.
    F.E.A.R has not lived up to its name either.
    They're practically raping F.E.A.R. 3 (or should I call it F.3.A.R.)... Have you seen the new footage?

Red Face (Embarrassed)

Originally Posted by JackGordon
    A-ha! Wrong!
    Like i said , it's useless ...

And about those random boss fights: I liked the fact that you could fight a big daddy whenever you wanted. Beats fighting a tentacle monster in a tumble dryer now, does it?
    Actually no , killing Big Daddies were too easy , you just lay a huge trap and watch the poor bastard run right into it , then little girl starts crying , and you realize you're doing this for twenty times now , it's silly ...

But yes, Bioshock killed itself with Bioshock 2.
    PFTHAHAHA , Bioshock 2 redeemed the franchise as a matter of fact ! ...

And grievous; NEIN! Dead Space had continuous jump scares. Whenever you thought a monster would pop up, it would.
    In the beginning , maybe , at some time after the second act , not anymore , it plays with our expectations ! ...

But hey, we're talking smack about each other's taste in games now. Let's not do that.
    But despite all this negative talk against Bioshock i actually did enjoyed it , how else would you explain how i got excited for its sequel ? ...

Then again one can argue that's precisely because i was disapointed by the first ...

GOTCHA ...

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    Actually no , killing Big Daddies were too easy , you just lay a huge trap and watch the poor bastard run right into it
    Let's see you have a go at it on survivor, tough guy
    and you realize you're doing this for twenty times now , it's silly ...
    And protecting a little sister for twenty times isn't?

But alright, let's all agree to disagree, bake cookies and have some thee.

I guess it comes to personal taste. I prefer not to break the flow of the plot, but your point is understandable.

To each his own

Bad Company 2.
    Episodes from Liberty City.

I love how we are still on topic.

I settled down with Dead Space and The Saboteur both for dirt cheap. I also found a good copy of Dino Crisis for PS1. Anyone remembers those games? I loved the second one a lot.

^ Still play the Dreamcast version of that game from time to time. Second one was ok.

EDIT: you know what, I just remembered something. It's totally off topic and I don't know where to post it but; I was checking Gamespot a few moments ago and I just remembered getting one of those achievements after adding Kane & Lynch: Dead Men to my collection a while ago. The achievement was this:

"Bad Taste

Bad meaning bad. Those perverse souls who insist on populating their personal collections with the worst kind of games are those with bad taste. Yet these individuals' transcendental pursuit of all that is broken and not fun to play is, perhaps, merely misunderstood. Nevertheless, they deserve recognition in their own way.
    "

And it's true, I've got some real crap in my collection, especially on PS1, but I only got this achievement after adding Kane & Lynch: Dead Men. How lame.

...websites have achievements now? How soon will Netflix introduce trophies and achievements?

I can't wait to play The Saboteur, it looks so pretty haha

They were simply called 'emblems' before. But now they're called achievements, yes... Gametrailers has 'em too...

The Saboteur is pretty indeed, you'll love it.

Cool

Holy Jesus Lynch You Bought Dead Space AND The Saboteur !!!?! ...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH ...

Trophy Unlocked for you ! ...

As for the whole Dead Men bad taste thing ...
    Well , you all remember that topic i made discussing / lamenting on how Dead Men will be only recognized as a failure in the video game industry ? ...

Holy Jesus Lynch You Bought Dead Space AND The Saboteur !!!?! ...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH ...

Trophy Unlocked for you ! ...
    It's gotta be Gold trophy since it was under thirty bucks for both..NEW!

Lightbulb

Visceral Pandemic ~ bought Two gems from EA games at once ... that's right , good games from EA , it's madness ...

Visceral Pandemic ~ bought Two gems from EA games at once ... that's right , good games from EA , it's madness ...
    Wait...I didn't even realize that. I love getting trophies/achievements by chance, it really makes it special haha.

I'm also getting Siren Blood Course from my cousin in UK. So I think I'm stacked up until the Dog Days; Fallout 3 (and the DLCs), Dead Space, The Saboteur, and Siren Blood Course.

I'll be so busy with school, work, filming music video(s) and gaming that I might even have to skip the Dog Days...

Obviously I'm kidding about the Dog Days

Wink

Originally Posted by ohitspatty
    Wait...I didn't even realize that. I love getting trophies/achievements by chance, it really makes it special haha.
    Indeed ...
    Especially those that are non-story related hidden / secret trophies / achievement And that you unlock by accident / without checking at the guide ...

Update:

PS3- The Saboteur (day), and occasionally Fallout 3.
    360- Occasionally Kane & Lynch, awaiting the 360 surprise from IO
    PC- Contra flash-game and sometimes Fragger.

Saboteur is really beautiful and I haven't tried Dead Space yet...but anyway I'm pretty happy with the purchase.

currently im playin RDR and Blur on xbox
    signature image

Page 3 of 45 First First 123456713 ... Last