Page 2 of 45 First First 12345612 ... Last

Thread: What games are you playing now?

What games are you playing now?

  1. #26
    Originally Posted by ohitspatty
    Well that's no out yet...

    I'm getting Liberty City Stories and something else...I'm just not sure what I want.
    Well, what type of games do you like/dislike? There's always something to play. Maybe you could hook up your ps2/xbox/cube/saturn/megadrive/... and play some oldies?

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,859
    Originally Posted by JackGordon
    Well, what type of games do you like/dislike? There's always something to play. Maybe you could hook up your ps2/xbox/cube/saturn/megadrive/... and play some oldies?
    That's the problem I only have Gamecube as my PS2 is dead. I often buy Gamecube games at GameStop (I really hate that place LOL) for like 5-15 bucks but I think I want something for the new generation.

    I love horror games and I haven't played Dead Space or Bioshock yet as I didn't really like the Bioshock demo that much. Does Bioshock gets less boring then? Is Dead Space really that good? I prefer surviorl horror without that much shooting kinda like Silent Hill...

    Also I'm more of the third person then first person when it comes to games that are not just shooters (for example war games can be all first person and I still don't mind). At the moment I'm still enjoying Fallout 3 and I'm getting Liberty City Stories soon...

  3. #28
    Dead Space is a lot of shooting, so that may not be up your alley. That said, I thought it was very well done. If you have a mildly good pc you can always check out sites like gog.com and steam to see if there are any old/cheap games that peak your interest.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

  4. #29
    Alright. I'll try to help you out, I'm a huge horror fan myself and I prefer third person view as well.

    On Gamecube there's always the magnificent REmake, Twin Snakes, Eternal Darkness, ...

    Other: the Project Zero series, aka Fatal Frame, available for xbox and PS2 (do you have backwards compatibility on PS3?) will have you change your diapers every 15 or so minutes

    - Dead Space is a gory, fun horror-themed shooter. Try the dismemberment demo?
    - Bioshock gets good if you play on medium or hard and care for the story and the characters, maybe give it a rent? It's definitely a love-it/hate-it type of game.
    - Condemned 2: Bloodshot; very creepy first person beat 'em up.
    - Silent Hill: Homecoming; ugly looking mess with lousy melee combat. Worth a rent, though. Has some really atmospheric parts.
    - F.E.A.R.; one of my fav's, unfortunately the PS3 port is rubbish...
    - F.E.A.R. Files: only if you're a hardcore F.E.A.R. fan.
    - F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin; definitely worth a rent.

    See, this gen is a shooter gen. That's fine when we're talking K&L, Gears, Cod (I suppose),... Thanks to RE4 (oh yes, I blame you!) the true hardcore third person survival horror genre is as good as dead.

  5. #30

    Wink

    Originally Posted by Brackstone17
    That said, I thought it was very well done.
    DAMN RIGHT , Dead Space was alot better than Bioshock , that's for damn sure ...

    Originally Posted by JackGordon
    Dead Space is a gory, fun horror-themed shooter. Try the dismemberment demo?
    - Bioshock gets good if you play on medium or hard and care for the story and the characters, maybe give it a rent? It's definitely a love-it/hate-it type of game.
    - Condemned 2: Bloodshot; very creepy first person beat 'em up.
    Actually Dead Space's demo almost turned me off , it's such a bad presentation of what the game really is ...

    As for Bioshock ... well i prefered the sequel , even though it was a lot easier ...
    Plus you don't really need to play Bioshock to enjoy Bioshock 2 , you might miss a few references , but it's pretty much a stand alone game on its own ...

    Oh and Bloodshot , that was EPIC ...
    Yes the third act was a bit rubbish , but it's still worth it , especially now it's easy to find a cheap copy ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

  6. #31

    Question

    Originally Posted by JackGordon
    Naughty Bear!
    http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news...-Trailer?.html

    This is just weird , it looks fun , but ... what exactly is the point of this game ? i mean is there an end ? or is just mindless naughty acts for as long as we want ? ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,859
    Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    Actually Dead Space's demo almost turned me off , it's such a bad presentation of what the game really is ...
    That's all I needed to hear as I didn't enjoy the demo.

    I guess I will add the Dead Space to the list.

  8. #33
    Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news...-Trailer?.html

    This is just weird , it looks fun , but ... what exactly is the point of this game ? i mean is there an end ? or is just mindless naughty acts for as long as we want ? ...
    the point is that thats what it looks like in lynch's head when hes dreaming. end of conversation
    i have the theme song stuck in my head. dum dum duuum duum dum bum bum dum.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,603
    Im playing Red Dead Redemption at the mo. Is E3 finished now or is there plenty of more footage tomorrow?

  10. #35

    Big Grin

    E3 hasn't began yet lol ...

    Originally Posted by ohitspatty
    That's all I needed to hear as I didn't enjoy the demo.

    I guess I will add the Dead Space to the list.
    Now that i think about it , i wonder why i end up buying Dead Space since the demo proved to be disapointing ...

    I must have been bored , kind of like you lol ...


    Originally Posted by chaoticd
    the point is that thats what it looks like in lynch's head when hes dreaming. end of conversation
    I KNEW IT ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,603
    There is E3 footage on the Gametrailers website...? I just thought it started today.

  12. #37

    Rolleyes

    Officially E3 hasn't started yet , but game publishers has been releasing trailers for a week now in preparation of E3 , kind of like building a last minute hype ...
    Just like how Dog Days got a 'E3 trailer' this week ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

  13. #38
    Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    DAMN RIGHT , Dead Space was alot better than Bioshock , that's for damn sure ...

    As for Bioshock ... well i prefered the sequel , even though it was a lot easier ...
    Plus you don't really need to play Bioshock to enjoy Bioshock 2 , you might miss a few references , but it's pretty much a stand alone game on its own ...
    Grievous, grievous, grievous... Nein, nein, NEIN! *facepalm*
    - Bioshock's story is far more superior than Dead Space.
    - Bioshock 2 is filled with plotholes and inconsistencies. Plus, it's where 2K went: "Buy our stuff. Then buy more of our stuff, we'll screw you over with rubbish ULC & DLC with mp maps you can't play unless ALL of your friends bought ALL of our stuff. And on top of that you'll get 0 post-launch support from us."

  14. #39

    Cool

    Granted , while Bioshock did had a better story than Dead Space , i felt that Dead Space's game direction was a lot tighter , sure , it meant it was a lot more linear , but at least it just felt ... right ... unlike Bioshock third act where it became a corridor shooter whereas for the twelve past hours it was more like "you exploring the carcasses of a failed utopia" , it just felt rushed in the end ...

    And speaking of corridor shooters , at least Bioshock 2 was one Since the very Beginning , it didn't pretend otherwise and that's why it felt a lot mre consistent ...

    And Plotholes ? really ? i don't know , i didn't remebered any , would you kindly lighten me up on that matter ? ...

    But to me Bioshock 2's story was better because it was almost like a big slap in the face to Bioshock's story , and how is that a good thing ? because the first game had a lot of political and philosophical ideals that just end up being mashed up together , a game doesn't become smarter once the world "free market" pops in , sure it explains what that city was meant to be , but it was so raw and ... in your face , kind of ...
    Bioshock 2 on the other hand seemed to respond to this (at least that's how i see it) , while the game still includes political , philosophical and religious ideals , and maintains these existentialism speeches throughout the game , it was made clear that to the protagonnist ... none of this really matter to him , that all he has in mind is to find that which he seeks , it's basically as if he (and the developper) was saying "i don't give a damn what the hell you all want to do with this dead city , i just to find *spoiler* and get the out of this madness" ...

    And i praise Bioshock 2 for litterally averting the first game's plot narrative , it is such a bad ass move from 2K Marin ...

    (and as for the DLCs incident it's not really my concern , though i do not agree with how the situation is being handled , it's still none of my business , single player for the win !) ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

  15. #40
    Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    And Plotholes ? really ? i don't know , i didn't remebered any , would you kindly lighten me up on that matter ? ...
    Sofia Lamb was a name that was never ever mentioned in the first game, yet she was supposed to be one of the three bigger fish in Rapture (right next to Ryan and Atlas).
    The telepathic communication between the prototype and Eleanor was never explained and serves no purpose other than clumsily glueing together that broken mess of a storyline.
    Surely there's more but I must've forgotten it because I haven't played the campaign in a while.

    Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    single player for the win !
    There's another reason why the first one is better.

    Random note: Bioshock 2 is not a bad game in the sense that it plays great. It's just that, to me, it feels like an unnecessary sequel.

  16. #41

    Rolleyes

    Guess it's a love it or hate it game ...

    Wonder if it'll be the same thing for Dog Days ...

    Edit : I wouldn't call them plotholes , the fact that we never heard of Sophia Lamb in the first game can be justified by the fact that her influence didn't took place at the sections of the game we've been through , she sure as wasn't going to show her book in Fort Frolic with Sander Cohen in charge , or in Appollo Square with Fontaine bashing away her ideals ...

    And the telepathic communication well ... i think it was implemented from the start with every Big Daddy and its Little Sister , wasn't it ? ...

    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

  17. #42
    Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    Edit : I wouldn't call them plotholes , the fact that we never heard of Sophia Lamb in the first game can be justified by the fact that her influence didn't took place at the sections of the game we've been through , she sure as wasn't going to show her book in Fort Frolic with Sander Cohen in charge , or in Appollo Square with Fontaine bashing away her ideals ...
    Now you've said it yourself: they knew of her existance... Yet she was never mentioned until ten years later? Considering how much of a threat her ideals were to Rapture, I'm sure Ryan would've warned his people about her, no? C'mon... Plothole.
    Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    And the telepathic communication well ... i think it was implemented from the start with every Big Daddy and its Little Sister , wasn't it ? ...
    So suddenly Bioshock went from a sci-fi shooter to a sci-fi shooter with unexplained supernatural elements?

    Oh and
    Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    This is just weird , it looks fun , but ... what exactly is the point of this game ? i mean is there an end ? or is just mindless naughty acts for as long as we want ? ...
    Manhunt with bears! Copypasta from wikipedia: "Naughty Bear is the only bear on the island that was not invited to a certain birthday party because of the fact that he is too naughty. While he crafted a gift for the occasion, he was laughed at by the other bears and sulked back to his house. Naughty Bear decides to take his revenge against all the other bears on the island."

  18. #43

    Big Grin

    Originally Posted by JackGordon
    Now you've said it yourself: they knew of her existance... Yet she was never mentioned until ten years later? Considering how much of a threat her ideals were to Rapture, I'm sure Ryan would've warned his people about her, no? C'mon... Plothole.
    She was already imprisonned by Ryan before Bioshock begins , so by the time Jack arrived , Ryan must have taken down all of Lamb's campaign and such , and the people were told to shut up and never talk about Lamb's fanatical beliefs ...

    From the wikia : "Once she was gone, Ryan erased all public record of her existence, making her disappear just as he had done for many other public dissidents. Most of the upper class sections of Rapture soon forgot about her" ...


    Originally Posted by JackGordon
    So suddenly Bioshock went from a sci-fi shooter to a sci-fi shooter with unexplained supernatural elements?
    So you're saying the plasmids and adams and such were more plausible than a Little Sister communicating telepathically with her Big Daddy ? ...

    Originally Posted by JackGordon
    Manhunt with bears!
    WITH TROPHIES ! ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

  19. #44

    Unhappy

    Originally Posted by JackGordon
    Copypasta from wikipedia: "Naughty Bear is the only bear on the island that was not invited to a certain birthday party because of the fact that he is too naughty. While he crafted a gift for the occasion, he was laughed at by the other bears and sulked back to his house. Naughty Bear decides to take his revenge against all the other bears on the island."
    Yes we all know that , but when exactly does the game ends ? when all the other Bear dies ? or do they keep on respawning ? ...

    In any case , Poor Teddy Bears ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

  20. #45
    Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    "Once she was gone, Ryan erased all public record of her existence, making her disappear just as he had done for many other public dissidents. Most of the upper class sections of Rapture soon forgot about her" ...
    But the lower class didn't and that's who you're fighting in both games. No but really, I'm not buying those excuses. That's the same PR bs 2K has been feeding us to justify their DLC methods.

    Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    So you're saying the plasmids and adams and such were more plausible than a Little Sister communicating telepathically with her Big Daddy ? ...
    Science is ALWAYS more plausible than the supernatural. Any man who tells you differently either has his hand in your pocket or a pistol to your neck.

  21. #46

    Rolleyes

    Originally Posted by JackGordon
    But the lower class didn't and that's who you're fighting in both games.
    I don't think that lower class folks were even allowed in Fort Frolic , and those in Appollo Square were loyal to Fontaine ...

    You were fighting those who sided with Ryan , Fontaine and Atlas in the first game ...
    The bottom feeders of society is who you meet in Bioshock 2 ...

    But then again them splicers all look the same , so yeah ...



    Originally Posted by JackGordon
    Science is ALWAYS more plausible than the supernatural. Any man who tells you differently either has his hand in your pocket or a pistol to your neck.
    Let's just say it was the power of love then ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

  22. #47
    Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    Let's just say it was the power of love then ...
    Admit it. All along you've been aching to tell us you're a huge fan of 'Huey Lewis and the News'.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,603
    Originally Posted by JackGordon
    - Bioshock's story is far more superior than Dead Space.
    [/I]"
    BLASPHEMY! THE HERETIC MUST DIE! I am a major supporter of Dead Space and i will not tolerate Dead Space hate! *explodes*

  24. #49
    Proud to be a heretic. Dead Space's story is similar to a teen horror flick: silly and predictable. It's a good shooter; nothing more, nothing less.
    You go ahead and explode like one of those exploders in the game (hehe, those are fun to kill).

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,603
    Ok i will admit that the story is an obvious infection spreading around..blah blah and some religion is tied in..blah blah and i guess it is predictable but it is a good game right? right?! Oh don't worry i will go explode somewhere.

    Dead Space was the obvious choice for a horror then as much to my disappointment Forbidden Siren is a PS3 exclusive..

    I need a new horror game! Any ideas?

Page 2 of 45 First First 12345612 ... Last