Thread: What games are you playing now?

What games are you playing now?

That Gray Matter looks interesting.
    Gingers always want to become cops so they can abuse others just like they were abused themselves - Ohitspatty speaking the cold, dark truth.

I'll be honest, that Soul game looks alright if it weren't for the screamers. It seems like it would get so tedious and annoying after a while.

If we are on the subject of awesome indie games, I suggest In the Pit, Flotilla and Colosseum.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions.

Normally I hate Nolan North's *** * VOICE, but considering Deadpool's supposed to be an annoying, talktative dickwad so it works surprisingly well.

"You're going to have to tangle with my army! Aaaaaaaaaaand by army I mean production assistants and by production assistants I mean unpaid interns and by unpaid interns I mean fans. You're going to have to deal with my fans!"
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

I was actually planning on trying that game at some point if only for the noir levels. Tell me, how annoying is Neil Patrick Harris in this? He seems like he could take the place from Nolan North as the annoying guy you want to murder but can't.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

Originally Posted by SlashPrower
    I was actually planning to buy this game just for the Noir levels... I'll just wait and see if they make a full game with the Noir style.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Thumbs Down

Just got "I Chose the Impossible" ...

And by lynch that wasn't so hard now was it ? ...
    Seriously this was a piece of cake compared to when i got "A Man Chooses" last year , it just doesn't make any sense ! ...
    Overexaggerated 'Survivor' difficulty , granted i got me a gold trophy , but look at Death's sad looking face on the icon , it says it all: our choosings are still limited to a bunch of disappointments ...

And disappointment ruling gaming all around it has been for years , if it isn't a four hour game it's an unsatisfying one , if it isn't a failed potential it's a unsatisfying experience , if it isn't challenging it's simply a frustratingly bad hour , and when we finally see a masterpiece in our hands we'll quickly see that it is a flawed one , i'm done with this life of lamenting at games that just fails to satisfy our ever hungry needs , always giving an illusion that something grand is around the corner ...

and your checkpoints ... i'll live my own game ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

... and thus Grievous saved his progress every 30 seconds for the rest of his life. Even on the forums. While doing his laundry. After taking out the trash. Seperate save files. Millions of 'em. Only to relive those unforgettable moments of deception. Again and again and again. Oh yes, my dear viewers. What a grand disappointment life was.

The End.

Originally Posted by SlashPrower

Normally I hate Nolan North's *** * VOICE, but considering Deadpool's supposed to be an annoying, talktative dickwad so it works surprisingly well.

"You're going to have to tangle with my army! Aaaaaaaaaaand by army I mean production assistants and by production assistants I mean unpaid interns and by unpaid interns I mean fans. You're going to have to deal with my fans!"
    I think your mixing Deadpool up with Grievous.
    Gingers always want to become cops so they can abuse others just like they were abused themselves - Ohitspatty speaking the cold, dark truth.

Deadly Premonition is almost out in Europe, so I'll be playing that near the end of this month. I'll wait for Saw II: Flesh & Blood to drop in price or until it appears on the second hand market for 10€ or something.

I'm playing Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game with my sister.

It's really fun. Music's great.
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

Super meatboy!!!

Dog Days (PS3 version). Weird thing happened when loading up the game for the very first time; it said it found a corrupted save file and I had to delete it before I could play the game. Turns out it confused the demo save file with a full game save file...
    PS3 version also suffers from frequent screen tearing and the occasional hiccup. Hopefully the next Sony controller has decent triggers because aiming & shooting with L1 & R1 still feels 'wrong' for a shooter to me.

Personally, I always switch around the controls so that L2 is aiming and R2 is firing.

That's even worse.

To me the PS3 doesn't really have the "triggers" so I use L1 + R1 combination. Got used to it on Dog Days and using it ever since. In fact I changed them up for Red Dead Redemption! I'm so getting all the DLCs for $19.99! But for now it's still New Vegas!

I'm playing Nation Red, an indy steam game I picked up for like 4 bucks during the Halloween sale.

It's actually really addictive. Reminds me of my old arcade days... and it has zombies, which is always a good thing in my book.

Giving Metro 2033 (x360) another chance. I truly, madly, deeply HATE this game. It's broken beyond repair; stealth is rubbish, weapons and shooting feel weak, poor enemy design, AI is either a joke or unfair, English voice acting is atrocious, ...

The good: story, atmosphere, ost.

Oh yes, it's here! Deadly Premonition!

This game... is INSANE I'm loving every minute of it so far.

Jack has good taste. Wouldn't you agree, Zach?

I started my first run on Hard. I'm at Episode I Chapter 6 and I haven't experienced any difficult parts yet, apart from driving a car. Will it get harder?

Also, for those who have finished the game already: without spoiling anything, how important are the side quests? Or are they just collectible related?

Mr. Jack Gordon, you will enjoy this game,
    After playing a while, you will surely feel the same,
    Yet you must remember, and never forget,
    that there are always many sidequests to do yet.

So says Mr. Stewart.

Yeah, they aren't very important, but some are very entertaining and others are very useful. I'll say this much, get all the bones on the map as soon as possible, and buy all the maps from Keith.

EDIT: I forgot some other really useful ones too, play darts at the darts bar until you win the grand prize, and always see the guy at the junkyard whenever you can.

Bones, maps & junkyard. Got it.

What about the difficulty? Will hard eventually get hard?

Yeah, it gets a bit worse. It will be grueling at some parts though, if you don't do those sidequests I mentioned(well the junkyard ones just makes the game less of a hassle, but doesn't really make it easier). There's also one other really helpful sidequest, but that one is somewhat story related, so I won't spoil it.

Some things about sidequests: The numbers like 06-09 in the sidequest menu show what chapters you are able to complete it in. Sometimes for no reason, a sidequest will become unavailable, but that time is always listed there. Also, for the sidequests with multiple installments, you may need to wait a day or complete a chapter for the next one to open up. Finally, when you see a person on the map or in the game with their name and a computer hovering above them or their location, that means their sidequest is available right now, so do it then since they can become unavailable at certain times of day.

There's two things missing from Deadly Premonition: a bloody waypoint on the map and frequent gas stations!

Playing Bloody Good Time and lovin' it.

Page 14 of 45 First First ... 410111213141516171824 ... Last