Thread: What games are you playing now?

What games are you playing now?

A phone book?! So that's where all those '...' come from. You need to stop reading that thing, Grievous. Look at what it's doing to you.

And I don't want to play Hitman. Strongly dislike the fact that Agent 47 is protecting a man of the cloth in Silent Assassin.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Exclamation

Who gives a damn about Silent Assassin , that one was overrated , blame the folks in 2002 for not having much else to play ...

Blood Money damnit ! taste it ! ... blood in your teeth ! be raw ! man ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

I've been playing Flotilla a lot lately. That game is simply awesome. I suggest everyone here go out and purchase it immediately.

Also, 47 may be protecting a man of the cloth in Silent Assassin, but it's more because he helped 47 than for any religious reasons. It's not like there's a religious undercurrent in the game or anything, so just play it for what it is, and what it is is a fun stealth game.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

You're right. It's not like Dante's in' Inferno where you're firing crucifixes at foes.

I just hate it when religion and politics infest my favorite form of entertainment.

GOD DAMN IT JACK.

Dante's Inferno was loosely based off of The Divine Comedy, a very RELIGIOUS book about Dante, who was a RELIGIOUS person going through the Christian Heaven, Purgatory, and Hell.

WHAT IN THE BLEEDING DID YOU EXPECT.
    A mortal man, with once a human heart, has become a fiend for his especial torment! - Chillingworth, The Scarlet Letter

I just relized I'm on a Ps2 buying spree. In the last month I bough Mafia I, Manhunt 2 and GTA: Vice City Stories for it, and I got mine eyes set on two dollar copy of Max Payne. All at the same store too (they got cheap stuff, man). It's like, a renaissance, or somethin', man

Manhunt 2 is awesome though. The censorship isn't as nearly as bad a I thought it would be. The onlyy real time it gets annoying is performing some of the amazingly twisted level 3 executions. That and the fact some executions don't cut off/explode the head, even though it is pretty plainly implied. The story isn't that awful either.
    I already gave up on Mafia, it's that bad. And as for VCS, I just started it, but I'm digging it so far.
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

Originally Posted by SlashPrower
    GOD DAMN IT JACK.

Dante's Inferno was loosely based off of The Divine Comedy, a very RELIGIOUS book about Dante, who was a RELIGIOUS person going through the Christian Heaven, Purgatory, and Hell.

WHAT IN THE BLEEDING DID YOU EXPECT.
    I know, Slash. That's why I did not buy it. Because
    Originally Posted by JackGordon
    I just hate it when religion and politics infest my favorite form of entertainment.

Originally Posted by BeardedHoplite
    Manhunt 2 is awesome though. The censorship isn't as nearly as bad a I thought it would be.
    The filter actually adds to the gruesomeness, imo.
    I already gave up on Mafia, it's that bad.
    It is... Both console versions were rubbish.

I just relized I'm on a Ps2 buying spree. In the last month I bough Mafia I, Manhunt 2 and GTA: Vice City Stories for it, and I got mine eyes set on two dollar copy of Max Payne.
    Max Payne is a steal for 2 dollars. Go for it, it has my full recommendation.
    "No, it's an EyePet. If you ever saw a puppy like that, you'd kill it with fire." -Ryan Davis

Arrow

What's that ?! ...

Manhunt 2 ? Vice City Stories ? someone's discovering the last of the PS2's finests ?!!! ...

MARVELOUS ...

You too can jump into my bed anytime , Zed ...

PS: as for the On Topic discussion ... let's just say that for the moment i'm still keeping it a secret ...
    What i will say however is that for the past month i find myself occasionally replaying The Lost and Damned , AGAIN ...
    It's a disease ... and i'm swimming in it ! ...

PPS: Max Payne for two measy dollars ? and you didn't bought it ? ...
    That's like ... blasphemy ! ...
    Especially to the one who is selling it at two dollars ...

It's like selling both Kane & Lynch for forty seven cents , it's outrageous ! ...

PPPS: Religion itself may not be a recurring theme in Silent Assassin , but the relationship between 47 and religion (as a symbol of mankind's faith and humanity overall) is the center message of the game's ending ...
    Then again you're not going to play this game anywya Gordon , so ... boo ? ...

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    (as a symbol of mankind's faith and humanity overall) is the center message of the game's ending ...
    Then again you're not going to play this game anywya Gordon , so ... boo ? ...
    After reading this? Most certainly not.

Silent Assassin was more about 47 struggling with who he is and what he does for a living than the relationship between faith and humanity. It was a conflict between a life of peace and a life of violence, nothing to do with faith. Yes, the peace is through living in a church with a pastor, but it could very well have been about 47 living with a blind farmer in the mountains and absolutely nothing would change.

Also, the story isn't so intrusive as to make any of this apparent except in cutscenes, so don't worry about it. Grievous is just making mischief, like always.

Arrow

The notion of 'having faith in god' matters in the game's ending because it acts as the one thing that separates 47 from mankind: he simply isn't human , and so , his need for peace , forgiveness , redemption and the likes can never be obtained , at least not through the means where human beings partake (in this case , religion/finding god , as it is what the priest 'ask' 47 to do in order to be at peace with himself) ...
    Which is why in the end 47 decides to seek 'truths' in his own way , faith and humanity be damned, they are of no use to him, and he understood it ...

Like i said , the game does not center around religion , but the ending uses the 'image' of religion as a mean to deliver its message , that is something you can't deny it ...

PS: in any case , Gordon himself stated weeks ago that he wouldn't play the old Hitman games since it doesn't offer him his ideal taste of visual display ...
    Which is a far worse excuse for not playing it than all this talk about religion ...

I don't think it's wrong for me to look around for the best visual experience of a particular game. Gameplay-wise, all console versions are probably identical, correct? Let's say I would be getting Blood Money, I'm definitely getting the 360 version simply because I feel like this version offers the 'complete experience'.

I played Blood Money for PS2 and 360...there is not whole lot of difference. It's IOI game lol

I can think of a few advantages: 360 controller, achievements (challenging?), HD.

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous

PPS: Max Payne for two measy dollars ? and you didn't bought it ? ...
    That's like ... blasphemy ! ...
    Especially to the one who is selling it at two dollars ...
    I was going too, but then I saw Miami Vice, Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels, RocknRolla and Blade Runner. Needless to say I bought them along with VCS. Max Payne got kinda tossed to the side of my mind. The price for all these goodies was like 18 dollars, a steal.
    I'll be sure to pick it up next time.
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

Originally Posted by JackGordon
    I can think of a few advantages: 360 controller, achievements (challenging?), HD.
    Easy 1000 too (for a big Hitman fan at least)

Oh and I'm playing FALLLOUT NEW VEGAS! OMG! OMG! OMG!

I tried playing Enslaved Odyssey to the West (or something like that) but the combat was too shit.

The game looks , the Unreal Engine does not do it any favours. I'm playing Fight Night 4, i put my face in and its really funny watching my face turn to jelly in the instant reply.

It's like every punch i take, i suffer from down syndrome for 2 secs.
    Gingers always want to become cops so they can abuse others just like they were abused themselves - Ohitspatty speaking the cold, dark truth.

Originally Posted by Bevacur
    It's like every punch i take, i suffer from down syndrome for 2 secs.
    So you're extremely happy for 2 seconds?

Why yes, yes i am.
    Gingers always want to become cops so they can abuse others just like they were abused themselves - Ohitspatty speaking the cold, dark truth.

I just downloaded a indie game called Soul for 80 micro points (pretty cool price).

I expected a fun game to play with friends instead, last night i was playing it, in the dark, alone, full volume and something happened, i swear a load of my body mass transfered itself into my underwear. I saw this thing later on in the game, it got my attention and i had to go past it to carry on, oblivious i was...

SPOILER:

IT WAS A *** SCREAMER!

After forcing my body mass back up my anus, i died like 10 secs later. Guess what happened? ANOTHER *** SCREAMER APPEARED!!! So once again, my body mass shifted itself into my underwear.

So yeah, i experienced 2 horrific screamers in a matter of 20 secs and lost 5-6 stone due to shock.

Boo-hoo... Jump scares.

:'(

I need a hug...

But yeah the game is great, love the environment. Worth the 80 points, shame there is no saving either, never had the chance to finish it.

A hug? Don't worry. Grievous should drop in at any moment now.

No saving? That's very 16bit! Might check it out myself. Just had a go with the trial version of a 'spot, point & click' adventure named Dream Chronicles (arcade). Used to love p&c but the genre hasn't aged well... Though 'Gray Matter' still is on my wishlist...
    Sometimes I just leave the website on for the beautiful music.

Page 13 of 45 First First ... 39101112131415161723 ... Last