Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... Last

Thread: What games are you playing now?

What games are you playing now?

What games are you playing now?

I apologize if this has already been talked about.

I'm just curious what's everyone playing at the moment?

360: Kane & Lynch, Fragile Alliance
    PS3: Fallout 3 and occasionally Kane & Lynch, Fragile Alliance.
    PC: Super Mario Bros. Crossover.

Today I spent most of my gaming hour(s) playing Fallout 3. I get so sucked into these games. I recently bought the PS3 version and replaying all over while trying for the Platinum trophy. Hope to get it before Fallout New Vegas comes out later in the fall. Anyway today for the first time I found the "secret room" in the Dunwich Building. It's where Jaime (the dude on Audio journal) is worshiping some statue with other feral ghouls. I think it's one of the creepiest locations in Fallout 3.

So, what about you?

I've been going at Red Dead Redemption pretty much non-stop since release. I'll probably stick with that for a long time before going back to Deadly Premonition. My save on that got corrupted, so I've got to restart that. Not that I'm complaining.

If anybody wants to play Red Dead Redemption one 360, add me. Gamertag is Brackstone17. I probably won't play online until I've finished the single player mode though.

Nice. I'm saving my cash off for Fallout New Vegas and Dog Days but I'm getting Alan Wake ASAP lol

P.S how's Red Dead Redemption?

Red Dead Redemption is great. Easily one of my favourite games ever. There is just so much to do in it, mini-games and all. Not to mention they have absolutely nailed the atmosphere and story.

What on earth is Super Mario Crossover?

Nice. I remember playing the Red Dead Revolver and that was fun. I might pick up the sequel sometime this year. How's the multiplayer?

Oh and the Mario game is this: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/534416 LOL

Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness, Resident Evil 5: Mercenaries online, and Plants vs. Zombies

- 360: Fragile Alliance, Bioshock 2 mp to rank up my rebirth, Gears 2 mp. Expecting Alan Wake this week.
    - ps3: just got a platinum for Drake's Fortune today and Uncharted 2 miraculously made its way into my mailbox today as well, Wipeout Fury HD (Fury campaign: phantom grid on skilled is a pretty hard) and finally, Flower. Expecting Folklore this week.
    - wii: nothing, it's gathering dust somewhere in a dark & forgotten place.
    - xbox: Conker - live & reloaded
    - ps2: Manhunt 2

8. PC: Just about anything my steam account has, Mainly getting back into Red Orchestra after i figured out putting my glasses ON helps me aim better, dont ask.

Xbox 360: kane and lynch.

I want to get red dead, but looking at games nowadays they dont WOW me as much as they used to, kane and lynch got me into gaming, whilst jsXanatos a friend of mine who made videos made me get steam to play with him, Zombie panic and zombie master felt so much cooler back then...

Anyway yea, i look at games nowadays and its more of a "Yea seems good may get" instead of the old "OMFG THIS GAME LOOKS EPIC!!!!"

Growing up fails.

Right now Red Dead Redemption, and Deadly Premonition.

Originally Posted by ohitspatty
    Nice. I'm saving my cash off for Fallout New Vegas and Dog Days but I'm getting Alan Wake ASAP lol

You mite want to hold off on getting Alan Wake. It's very very short. I beat it in around 8 hours. Id say it's more of a rent, then a buy.

Neat.

I was playing some more Fallout 3 today. Man I love that game but it's so many strange bugs in it. Like I recently did the unnamed quest in Falls Church Metro where you have to team up with Paladin Hoss to save Initrate Pek and now I have Pek tea-bagging Hoss in front of my Megaton home from time to time. It's just so buggy. Today I found the mad scientist in that tricycle factory. I wasn't expecting those Super-Mutant Brutes in there either. Anyone ever been to the basement in Andale? It's super creepy, you really gotta love that little town. Anyways

Originally Posted by ohitspatty
    Red Dead is probably the best western game ever made, period.
    Call of Juarez 2 is good too

I like Call of Juarez 2 but that's probably because I found the first one to be pretty broken.

I'm still scavenging the Wasteland. Mysterious Stranger perk is really awesome.

Also I'd like to point out that 8 hours is kinda new standard for games like Alan Wake. I mean after six years of working on it, it would have been nice to have a little longer game. Anyways, I believe it's the new "standard" in most story-line driven games.

Wow, 8 hours? Is the replay value high at least? I know shorter is the new standard, but that's pushing it all things considered.

I guess you are right, now that I look back at some of my recent games...8 hours is pushing it. But anyone remembers GUN (western adventure shooter)? That game had a pretty short storyline as I remember.

Some recent games that I remember;
    -Batman Arkham Asylum was around 10 hours on Normal but I did put at least another 20 hours playing through challenges and collecting items.
    -Heavy Rain was around 17 hours on my first play-through but I was super-careful and examining everything. To me that game has a lot of re-play vaule with all these different paths and endings. I'm still not done with it.
    -Assassin's Creed II was at least 15 hours if I remember right. A lot to do but once you get all points/trophies there is no replay value much.
    - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 was too short but it makes up with the multiplayer and co-op. However the storymode was defiantly shorter than 8 hours.

I guess I could say that short gameplay doesn't bother me if the game is fantastic. One of my all time favorite games is short if you take out all the cut-scenes. Yes, you guess it right, MGS4.

Just bought Dragon age !

There's definitely a lack of quality survival horror titles this generation so I'm giving Siren Blood Curse (PS3) a spin at the moment (yes, Europe got a Blu Ray edition. Na na na na na, ha ha ha ha ha.).

This game is clever, hard, terrifying and above all: not a bloody shooter. Highly recommended for hardcore survival horror fans.

Originally Posted by JackGordon
    There's definitely a lack of quality survival horror titles this generation so I'm giving Siren Blood Curse (PS3) a spin at the moment (yes, Europe got a Blu Ray edition. Na na na na na, ha ha ha ha ha.).

This game is clever, hard, terrifying and above all: not a bloody shooter. Highly recommended for hardcore survival horror fans.
    I would get it if it wasn't just a download only here in US. I like hardcopy of my games.

Me too, that's why I also bought Wipeout Fury HD on blu ray. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the PS3 region free? Maybe you could import it?

I heard that it is region free but the problem is that I can't find a copy that won't break my budget like Amazon for example has it for 100 bucks, that's about 50 bucks too much. I could try E-Bay but I really don't like buying stuff off that place. How much does it go in stores in Europe? I might ask a cousin to buy it for me.

I don't go out so I got it from eBay. UK import, as always.

Haha nice. My cousin lives in UK so I will ask her since she's coming for the summer!

I'm also thinking about other game to occupy me until then. Any ideas?

Naughty Bear!

Well that's no out yet...

I'm getting Liberty City Stories and something else...I'm just not sure what I want.

Thumbs Down

Originally Posted by Brackstone17
    Wow, 8 hours? Is the replay value high at least? I know shorter is the new standard, but that's pushing it all things considered.
    No, not really any replay value. It's not even scary. Every time the enemies spawn the camera pans out, goes in slow mo so you can shoot all of them.

Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... Last