Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Square Enix on GOG.com

Square Enix on GOG.com

There hasn't been any Square Enix release on GOG since August, with Revenant. Any news if/when anything else is on its way?

gog games +1 tomb raider legend/anniversdary/underword plus more

I'm getting tired of seeing Square-Enix games listed on Steam while GOG.com is being completely ignored. Square-Enix is missing out on a lot of sales. According to the GOG.com wishlist there are more than 50,000 people who want to purchase the Final Fantasy games alone. I simply don't understand why this is happening.

I've never seen a company that was so stubborn when it comes to making money and pleasing their customers.

I got mine on Steam as usual. Why GOG so much ?

Lightbulb Release more games on GOG.com, please!

If there's any chance this message can get to the appropriate Square Enix executives/"higher ups", I and other GOG users just want to encourage them to work with GOG to release more games on said service. It has been about 1.5 years since Square Enix released anything on GOG; they've had numerous sales which are appreciated, but many people are hankering for some new game options. Not even brand new games are needed, GOG could still get titles like Tomb Raider Legend and Anniversary, Hitman Blood Money, Deus Ex Human Revolution, and missing Core Design DOS or Windows titles like Heimdall 1 & 2. (And many others) Of course the Final Fantasy games would be most appreciated, but if Square Enix is unwilling to make those DRM-free right now, surely they can let GOG have other titles.

I'll share some ideas from the GOG wishlist, based on combined votes:

Final Fantasy series - 40,000+ votes
    Dungeon Siege series - nearly 20,000 votes
    Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (shame the rights are such a mess) - nearly 10,000 votes
    Chrono Trigger (PC port request, I guess) - 9,500+ votes
    Deus Ex series (games not already on GOG) - 7,000+ votes
    Hitman series (games not already on GOG) - 2,300+ votes
    Tomb Raider series (games & expansions not already on GOG) - 6,500+ votes

Hopefully we GOGers won't have to wait too much longer for more Square Enix releases! (I have encouraged other GOG forum-ers to share their desire for more Square Enix releases in this thread, without being annoying or spammy of course.)

If there is the option I buy my games on GOG. To have more Square games there would be awesome!

I for one would love to see GOG get those games. I have nothing against other distributors but unfortunately they simply aren't a viable option for some of us due to connectivity and location. True that isn't their fault, and those of use who can't use them represent a minuscule group, but that doesn't change the fact that a lot of us would depend on SE bringing games like "TR Anniversary" and "Dungeon Siege" to GOG in order to be able to play them. Titles like that are a must have for any gamer and shouldn't be held back from anyone regardless of how seemingly insignificant the reasons and the players.

I would also love to see more Square Enix releases on GOG. Currently, I have the entire catalog of SE games there, and would love to see the likes of TR Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld; Hitman Blood Money and Absolution; 25 to Life; Just Cause 1 & 2; the Final Fantasy games; Fighting Force; and Kane & Lynch 1 & 2 among others.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12