Thread: FFVII - FULL SCREEN is it possible?

FFVII - FULL SCREEN is it possible?

Any idea how to make this full screen? or no? it would be awesome if we could do this.

Originally Posted by vahid
    Any idea how to make this full screen? or no? it would be awesome if we could do this.

Check settings in the launcher.

ok i mean "WIDE screen" lol oops :x i got the full screen working lol

Originally Posted by vahid

ok i mean "WIDE screen" lol oops :x i got the full screen working lol

Oh, nah, the resultion doesnt support wide screen sadly. Remember this was a game made in 97..or was the PC in 98....regardless still, to be able to play at normally higher is a miricle, they may update it in the future though.

I doubt widescreen will ever be an option because these backgrounds are hand-drawn, as opposed to 3-D environments. It would take a full-on remake in order for widescreen to be supported.

ya i get that, but i was just hoping oh well, but its great to play it again

go into the settings and uncheck "keep aspect ratio". i just tested it, there is still a black bar at the bottom, but the rest is full screen

Wide screen looks horrible seriously....

Just tried it out. It works, but it zooms in a bit and messes with the character models (reletaive to the size of the background). I like that they gave us the option, but there's a reason why it's checked by default I suppose.

Does anyone else have a black bar at the bottom of the screen that doesn't go away, regardless of resolution? Even if I turn on widescreen, it's still there.

Bugs me, honestly.

Originally Posted by imported_David

Does anyone else have a black bar at the bottom of the screen that doesn't go away, regardless of resolution? Even if I turn on widescreen, it's still there.

Bugs me, honestly.

Yeap, universal. I read it exists on the original PC version as well....I think. But it's negligible in my sense.

Originally Posted by imported_David

Bugs me, honestly.

It exists in any resolution higher than 640x480 I believe. I will test really quick.

EDIT: it seems that the black bar is here to stay.

To correct my pervious statement, it seems it only will not exist if you play the original game in 640x480 on a CRT monitor.

The black bar at the bottom is used by the menu system. So if you go into your menu you won't have as big of a black bar at the bottom.