Thread: Just cause 2 3D requirements?

Just cause 2 3D requirements?

Just cause 2 3D requirements?

anyone have a system with enough horsepower to run Just Cause 2 in 3D? if so...

post a screen shot proving that its in 3D
    post your rig specfications
    post what resolution etc... the game is running at.

also post the average temperature in your room cause any computer running that is probably a heat generating monster.

My rig
    i7 920
    kingston 6gb. 1333Mhz.
    Gigabyte EX58-UD5
    Gainward gtx 470
    XFX 8800 GTS 512 Alpha Dog Ed. (physx)
    Thermaltake 750w

having everything at max apart from motion blur off, aa and af at 2x, just cause 2 3d gives an avarege fps of 27.71 in the benchmark called the dark tower.
    But i reduce some of the options to get an avarege of about 35 to 40 fps.
    with 3d off i get double the fps

Originally Posted by shyataroo
    anyone have a system with enough horsepower to run Just Cause 2 in 3D? if so...

post a screen shot proving that its in 3D
    post your rig specfications
    post what resolution etc... the game is running at.

also post the average temperature in your room cause any computer running that is probably a heat generating monster.
    I cannot see it, perhaps it's hidden in your text?, the word "please"?

Not going to prove anything but my rig is as follows...

AMD AM3 quad core running at 3.2ghz
    4 gig system memory
    ATI Radeon HD5870 1 gig video memory, overclocked to 900MHZ

I average 49fps in the concrete jungle benchmark, mostly peak at my framecap of 60.

heres my rig :

q6700 (stock)
    8gb ddr2 667mhz ram (stock)
    nvida gtx 295 (stock)
    p5w dh deluxe asus motherboard.
    1000w ocz psu.
    2x 1 TB sata2 hdd.
    creative x-fi pro gamer sound card .

running all maxed out, must be running at about 35 -40 fps , witch is fine for a single player game, 3d looks great ,but the game looks a bit strange when it is sun rise early in the morning or sun set , other then that love it..

OKay, I asked this in another thread: I am buying a laptop near the end of the summer. I am looking at something with either the 360m GPU (Toshiba Qosmio) or perhaps an Acer (or other machine) with the Radeon 5870. Is there specific hardware requirements for 3D? To run this game, specifically in 3D?

Originally Posted by ChiroVette
    OKay, I asked this in another thread: I am buying a laptop near the end of the summer. I am looking at something with either the 360m GPU (Toshiba Qosmio) or perhaps an Acer (or other machine) with the Radeon 5870. Is there specific hardware requirements for 3D? To run this game, specifically in 3D?
    Here`s a link to nvidia `s 3d solution,
    Code:
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/3D_Vision_Requirements.html
    that`s what i use and it works great, but there are other solutions that i do not know much about.
    There is also this link to nvidia 3d forum, you can get a lot more help there
    Code:
    http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showforum=40

Thanks! I am on the site now.

Quick question: As I said, I want to use this on the laptop I want to to buy at the end of the summer. Anyway, the Toshiba Qosmio's I am looking for have a 360m GPU/card and I feel that is a little underpowered for gaming, even for a laptop. So I am also looking at some of the Acer's, Asus's, and other models with the Radeon 5870 cards. The problem is, does the NVidia 3D kit support other GPU's or is NVidia making it proprietary only for their GPU's?

Thanks! I am on the site now.

Quick question: As I said, I want to use this on the laptop I want to to buy at the end of the summer. Anyway, the Toshiba Qosmio's I am looking for have a 360m GPU/card and I feel that is a little underpowered for gaming, even for a laptop. So I am also looking at some of the Acer's, Asus's, and other models with the Radeon 5870 cards. The problem is, does the NVidia 3D kit support other GPU's or is NVidia making it proprietary only for their GPU's?
    It`s only for nvidia gpu`s, and it supports the 360m, but remember that activating 3d generaly drops your fps by half, so it`s very gpu intensive.
    Also the laptops have to say they support 3d vision as a 120hz screen is needed.

I have actually heard that 100Hz would work as well. But I will check a few of the laptops I am looking at and see if they support it. I am pretty sure that the high end Toshiba Qosmio (at least the X505-Q880) does support it. I just HATE like hell to spend upwards of 2 grand on a laptop that has an underpowered 360m GPU in it when the Radeon 5870 is just whispering "Buy me...Buy me NOW!" in my ear. lol

Actually, I am pretty sure that Radeon has 3D also, but I would not be able to use the NVidia setup.

I have actually heard that 100Hz would work as well. But I will check a few of the laptops I am looking at and see if they support it. I am pretty sure that the high end Toshiba Qosmio (at least the X505-Q880) does support it. I just HATE like hell to spend upwards of 2 grand on a laptop that has an underpowered 360m GPU in it when the Radeon 5870 is just whispering "Buy me...Buy me NOW!" in my ear. lol

Actually, I am pretty sure that Radeon has 3D also, but I would not be able to use the NVidia setup.
    Try looking up "Iz3d" they have 3d glasses and drivers that work on ati and nvidia gpu`s.

Thanks. I have to do some research, because I know there are two types of 3D pouot now, and one is vastly and noticeably inferior to the type that NVidia is offering. I forget the terms used, though, but I will find out and post it here.

Originally Posted by peteinfidel
    Try looking up "Iz3d" they have 3d glasses and drivers that work on ati and nvidia gpu`s.
    http://www.mtbs3d.com/