Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: Kane & Lynch goes to the comics!

Kane & Lynch goes to the comics!

Kane & Lynch goes to the comics!

Dudes! We're getting a Kane & Lynch comic book from DC! It's so awesome, I feel like wetting myself. PR and a few concepts below!

-----------

COPENHAGEN (May 13, 2010) — IO Interactive, part of Square Enix Europe, is pleased to confirm a partnership with DC Comics to produce a comic book series based on Kane & Lynch™. Not for the fainthearted, the brutal storyline explores some of Kane & Lynch’s criminal past. The comic will be produced by DC’s WildStorm imprint with the first issue launching this August.

“We could not be happier about this partnership and expansion into comics. Who better to work with than DC Comics?” said Niels Jørgensen, general manager of IO Interactive. “We hope the comic book world is ready for the violent mayhem of Kane & Lynch.”

“Kane & Lynch are two of the most interesting videogame characters I have ever seen,” said Hank Kanalz of DC Comics. “I think this new series will show the diversity of our line of books, as our creators capture the essence of these two criminals.”

The Kane & Lynch comic book series is penned by Ian Edginton. Edginton has been in the comic scene for over two decades and worked with DC, Marvel, Dark Horse, Heavy Metal, Top Cow and others. He’s best known for his work on properties such as Aliens, Predator and Terminator through to Planet of the Apes, Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who and Torchwood. Chris Mitten, who also works on the series WASTELAND, is the artist for Kane & Lynch and New York Times best selling artist Ben Templesmith, whose notable works include 30 Days of Night and Fell, is the cover artist. Both artists are known for their raw, sinister illustration style that fully embodies the Kane & Lynch feel.

Kane & Lynch began as a videogame, Kane & Lynch: Dead Men, following two hardened criminals in a dark and gritty tale of killing and revenge. It became one of the most successful original IP’s launched in 2007 and has gone on to sell well over a million units across the globe. The story continues this summer with Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days available for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC, the game will be released on the Eidos games label and will be published by Square Enix Ltd.

2. Jizz on my keyboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No way!

Originally Posted by Zidrien
    No way!
    Way.

Sweet. Very very sweet. As sweet as a hot chocolate with a pound of sugar, 4 sticks of cinnamon with marshmellows sprinkled with chocolate dust coated with toffee sauce mixed in with caramel.

Kane looks abit..strange...my opinion of course though.

Since Kane has a plaster on his nose it seems the comic may take place during the first game as it was broken because of a member from The7 and in Dog Days, Kane has no plaster on his nose but then again Kane is wearing the same suit as in Dog Days and same for Lynch. Lynch is also wearing shaded glasses or are they the mint tinited sunglasses he has in Dog Days? So it could take place a week or days after the first games events...

Am i talking to myself again and thinking too much? Someone slap me.

*Slaps Bevacur* ;D

I like such raw style of these arts.

Thank you Acid, i was in need of a good ol' slap too the face. The excitement was too much...could not handle it...go on without me!

But yeah comic looks awesome, despite i am not a comic book reader this could be my first comic in my life so far.

Ain't this a surprise. You guys sure know how to create franchises.

pretty damn sweet! i havent purchased a comic book in years (the punisher, max series) will be sure to pick this up.

Pffff, whatever Stockman, it just shows we don't need as much help understanding people.

Oh and it finally seems like I have a new comic book series to check out. I love, love Conan and The Punisher, and I really like Hellboy. I think Kane and Lynch will be a nice addition to my kickass comic collection.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: blood asylum

im so happy that the kane&lynch universe is getting bigger and bigger every day
    signature image

AWSOME! you should make a collectors edition packaged with behind the sceens and a K&L COMIC BOOK! i would so buy it! why is kane's nose broken? it broke during the first game, not before.
    i have the theme song stuck in my head. dum dum duuum duum dum bum bum dum.

Regarding the nose - all will be revealed, I'm sure. I've read the script to the first issue and it's sweet so this could very well turn out extremely cool. I'm sure the brand guys are looking into bundling stuff or whatever but I don't know of those plans yet.

Guys, please give this Greece/Non-Greece bashing a break. I'm cleaning up this mess now.

Would love to get my eyes on this comic!
    Although kane looks much like his older brother from Dead men...
    No siggie to display... move along...

This is pretty f'ing awesome.

Definitely picking this up.

Is there a chance of them being released in a compilation at some point? I'll definitely be picking them up, but I might have to do a bit of traveling just to get the individual issues.

When is this coming out. Also would anybody have any idea on the price. I'm not too big on comics.

i just realized something! i looked it up and DC said there going to make 5 or 6 of those moving comics you can download (cant think of the name). will they be availible for the psp comic store?

Cool !!
    Maybe comic will explain why Kane's push dagger and tatto remove after KL1 events .

The first issue is called "Kane & Lynch: Dead Men Walking".

Thats Freakin' awesome
    PSN: Doktor Klown
    Slaughter is the best medicine

The last time I tried doing a comics; this was the result:

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t...20Fan%20comic/

They're not very clear and my patients run very thin >.> a shame...

Otherwise here is a pic of lynch i simply sketched:
    http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t...e.jpg&newest=1
    No siggie to display... move along...

Originally Posted by Falkenwut
    The last time I tried doing a comics; this was the result:

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t...20Fan%20comic/

They're not very clear and my patients run very thin >.> a shame...

Otherwise here is a pic of lynch i simply sketched:
    http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t...e.jpg&newest=1
    i love it. great stuff, love the art.

Awesome! But why is Lynch white? Shouldn´t he look like Jamie Foxx? I mean IO is happy to sell propertys and let them up, right?

Sorry for the rant.
    Beware of bad english. :whistle:

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last