Page 5 of 5 First First 12345

Thread: New Fragile Alliance video

New Fragile Alliance video

Needs a MP beta even if it's only a couple of modes for a few days as part of QC. Look at RDR it's having major issues.

Oooh My, Oooh my.

Originally Posted by Nick@IO
    NPC cops don't shoot at the undercover cop, no. It's part of his cover to try to remain out of the action while pretending to be in the action, so to speak. He gets points (money) for killing players.
    Thanks!! Like it!

1.) is it still a three round game, getting harder ? for the most point ?

2.) Dead players who join the cops, will they know who the undercover cop is ? Or are they "new cops" who dont know about the undercover cop?

Edit: if theres a demo, keep it good & short, with both MP & SP - anyway...I think we will all be happy for a demo, no matter the content ;-)

I think the demo should just be multiplayer, I don't know but I feel like I already trust these guys with the story/controls in the singleplayer and I'd want to see some new improvements in Fragile Alliance

definitely should be a mp demo. also on FA you should be able to play as yoko retomoto from the first game.

Originally Posted by Icedog
    definitely should be a mp demo. also on FA you should be able to play as yoko retomoto from the first game.
    that would be way to weird.
    i have the theme song stuck in my head. dum dum duuum duum dum bum bum dum.

One person could be Yoko and one person could be Lynch. Hilarity and awkwardness would ensue.

Originally Posted by SlashPrower
    One person could be Yoko and one person could be Lynch. Hilarity and awkwardness would ensue.
    yes that would be funny but that's the point playing as yoko would be cool and you would have a coll character to chose from. also the lady that play online would have a lady character.

Loving what I'm hearing so far, but I'm a little concerned with the idea of the undercover cop not being shot at by the other cops. Now, at least in my experiences, Xbox Live players can be some rather detailed, ruthless little bastards, and they'll catch on quick to the sight of players not getting shot at by the cops, or even come up with ways to use the cops to find out for them.

Is there anything to prevent stuff like that from happening?

May be ?

Originally Posted by The_Spartan
    I dont see it as a problem, more of something to watch out for, if you are the undercover cop.

And i dont think you can "pause" the action - your going to get shoot if your start analysing in the middle of a shoot out, your not lasting long

Im wondering if we are going to se a "hord" mode ?

Well, the trick is to keep out of the action while still wildly shooting stuff .
    D/\\/NTLESS /\ND TR\/E

11. So how does the undercover cop get away, is he just doomed to be killed or does he escape with a slice of the pie in the escape van, does he escape in the van with no slice of pie or does he just run into an alleyway and escape :P

He doesn't need to escape, he only needs to kill the criminals to win the round.

13. Just watched the new Kane and lynch 2 multiplayer cops and robbers mode and all i can say is, THANK we have somewhere to stick all the illiterate heads and social tdm rejects whilst people who actually cared for playing kane and lynch fragile alliance properly can now PLAY properly whilst the 5 year olds and the pikeys can play on cops and robbers.

I was gonna embed the video then i realised i cant do that You cant beat acid at his own game

Originally Posted by petersjov
    I dont see it as a problem, more of something to watch out for, if you are the undercover cop.

And i dont think you can "pause" the action - your going to get shoot if your start analysing in the middle of a shoot out, your not lasting long

Im wondering if we are going to se a "hord" mode ?
    Horde mode would be awesome. 6 player mode and the goal is defend a certain place for like 10 mins? And if you survive you get like 10k. If a traitor kills you, they get your 10k improving their score and cash.

Originally Posted by videogamer
    Each member of the alliance has a unique back story that justifies their role in the alliance...
    Tell me moar

kthnx

I wonder if there's an animation for getting inside the van/climbing the helicopter ropes or is it just teleportation?

Personally, I'd like a single-player demo. Not because I don't want to try out FA (I do) but because I really want to play as Lynch and try out one of the levels. The freeway one looked really cool.

Hello guys DaSilva_Peru here

Since I haven't played the first K&L in multiplayer I'd like to know how the getaway "scene" works. I read in some preview that you're able to run to the car early and split the money with the driver to get away without the rest of the gang. Problem is, how will this work? If some idiot decides to be a and consequently run directly to the vehicle every round to end the round before people have any real chance of making it there?

Also: What's the deal with chosing between weapons? Who's gonna pick a lousy handgun if you can pick an assault rifle? I mean I like having the option to choose whatever "class" of weapon i prefer, but to be realistic, is anyone going to use anything but assault rifles? Or do the smaller weapons have some other nifty sideeffects too them? Such as being able to run faster/longer or wtf do I know?

And my last question is: After all the talk about someone not doing his part of the deal etc etc, why would someone choose to not carry so much cash on him? As I decoded the trailers you run in pick up some cash and get out, why would someone choose not to carry the cash? Are you more attrative to enemy fire when carrying more money or what's the downside to carrying the money?

Also 2 things that would be rly cool for me, 1. if your bag gets hit from enemy fire it will start to break which will result in money loss and 2. being able to shoot while hanging from the get away chopper

My last comment is to IOI: Fking well done! Game looks brutal and the graphics is sooo improved. I'm still able to recognise the characters but everything just looks so much more smooth. I really hope you guys will nail a perfect 10 on gamespot review site and collect some of the lost honor from the first pretty mediocre game (Not trolling just being realistic)

sorry for my long comment :P I just had to catch up on everything that happened in the thread

^ I hope there's weight to each gun or at least weight tiers for each firearm "family" (snipers, assault rifles, shotguns, sub-machine gun, handguns). Also, I don't think you can take a hostage with an assault rifle, maybe with a sub-machine gun?

Originally Posted by DaSilva_Peru
    Hello guys DaSilva_Peru here

Since I haven't played the first K&L in multiplayer I'd like to know how the getaway "scene" works. I read in some preview that you're able to run to the car early and split the money with the driver to get away without the rest of the gang. Problem is, how will this work? If some idiot decides to be a and consequently run directly to the vehicle every round to end the round before people have any real chance of making it there?

Also: What's the deal with chosing between weapons? Who's gonna pick a lousy handgun if you can pick an assault rifle? I mean I like having the option to choose whatever "class" of weapon i prefer, but to be realistic, is anyone going to use anything but assault rifles? Or do the smaller weapons have some other nifty sideeffects too them? Such as being able to run faster/longer or wtf do I know?

And my last question is: After all the talk about someone not doing his part of the deal etc etc, why would someone choose to not carry so much cash on him? As I decoded the trailers you run in pick up some cash and get out, why would someone choose not to carry the cash? Are you more attrative to enemy fire when carrying more money or what's the downside to carrying the money?

Also 2 things that would be rly cool for me, 1. if your bag gets hit from enemy fire it will start to break which will result in money loss and 2. being able to shoot while hanging from the get away chopper

My last comment is to IOI: Fking well done! Game looks brutal and the graphics is sooo improved. I'm still able to recognise the characters but everything just looks so much more smooth. I really hope you guys will nail a perfect 10 on gamespot review site and collect some of the lost honor from the first pretty mediocre game (Not trolling just being realistic)

sorry for my long comment :P I just had to catch up on everything that happened in the thread
    I really don't understand your first paragraph. You share the loot with everyone, unless you are a traitor.

Weapons.
    I'm not sure how choosing weapons will be in this game. In last game everyone had an assault riffle, handgun, and a grenade in first round. Once you beat the first level you could upgrade your assault riffle to a better one as well as get better armor and extra grenade. Like I said, I'm not sure how this will work in Dog Days but I'd like to be able to use a sub-machine gun, shotgun, or maybe even a sniper riffle. I don't know if you noticed from other games but there are some people that are very good with shotguns. They creep in the corners of the room and pull the trigger when you enter. Usually a headshot and you're dead. I don't think these questions can be answered just yet.

Loot.
    There are different kind of robbers in Fragile Alliance world. There are some that don't go for the cash but rather attack the enemies meanwhile the other robbers actually steal the cash. It's somewhat of a teamwork because you have one person taking the loot while other covers him. It works like a charm...sometimes Also you have to realize that the more money you have the more chances you have of being shot in the back by one of the trailers. Basically if you have a lot of cash you become a potential target.

Originally Posted by The_Spartan
    Loving what I'm hearing so far, but I'm a little concerned with the idea of the undercover cop not being shot at by the other cops. Now, at least in my experiences, Xbox Live players can be some rather detailed, ruthless little bastards, and they'll catch on quick to the sight of players not getting shot at by the cops, or even come up with ways to use the cops to find out for them.

Well, mostly it comes down to player skill. You can choose to stay close to the other guys and shoot at (and hopefully miss) the cops to maintain your cove or you can go rogue and try to either hang back or get in front real quick.

Originally Posted by MxOAgentJohnson
    So how does the undercover cop get away, is he just doomed to be killed or does he escape with a slice of the pie in the escape van, does he escape in the van with no slice of pie or does he just run into an alleyway and escape :P
    The UC wins if all the other players die.

Here's another concern: Xbox Live Party Chat and 3rd-Party PC audio programs like Ventrello. It would be very unfair for a dead person's buddy to communicate that he knows who the UC is. This also seems unavoidable for PC. PS3 version seems to be the best bet (unless they really are willing to text message them). =/

Originally Posted by BBboy20
    Here's another concern: Xbox Live Party Chat and 3rd-Party PC audio programs like Ventrello. It would be very unfair for a dead person's buddy to communicate that he knows who the UC is. This also seems unavoidable for PC. PS3 version seems to be the best bet (unless they really are willing to text message them). =/
    Then they could do what Modern Warfare 2 did. Make Fragile Alliance a in-game chat only. But i prefer to talk to my friends in party chat.

Originally Posted by Bevacur
    Then they could do what Modern Warfare 2 did. Make Fragile Alliance a in-game chat only. But i prefer to talk to my friends in party chat.
    I think you'll be indicated as the traitor in every other FA mode but this is about espionage on the fly.

Originally Posted by Bionicicide
    ^ I hope there's weight to each gun or at least weight tiers for each firearm "family" (snipers, assault rifles, shotguns, sub-machine gun, handguns). Also, I don't think you can take a hostage with an assault rifle, maybe with a sub-machine gun?
    IOI needs to copy CoD4:MW's innovative "quicker to switch to handgun than reloading assault rifle".

All of the above would balance it to a T.

Page 5 of 5 First First 12345