Thread: New Fragile Alliance video

New Fragile Alliance video

  1. #26
    ^ You ? ;-)

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    596
    Originally Posted by Bionicicide
    Okay, good thing you can get back up.


    Trailer made it look and sound like it gave traitor immunity for everyone against the dead weight, is this true? If so, what is the stipulation? a'la My idea in post #13.

    Nope, you kill someone, you become a traitor. In arcade mode, our team mates will turn on you if you don't share the haul - whoever kills you becomes a traitor but the round obviously ends with your death so in that sense it's a little redundant that the killer becomes a traitor. The system was made to ensure that the game would become progressively harder with each level (it goes on forever until you loose all three lives, basically) along with other systems that slowly tighten the noose around your neck.

    In multiplayer, you always become a traitor if you kill someone whether they have contributed or not. Actually, there's one exception to that rule but we'll talk about that later on.

  3. #28
    What qualifies as "not sharing the haul" to the AI?

    And yeah, Destructoid's preview said you get traitor immunity for a short time if you see someone who has a yellow flag indicator over their head which signifies that they grazed a teammate but aren't a traitor (yet)... BUT! *Do you still get labeled as a traitor if you kill a traitor?

    *Idea
    If you kill a traitor, you get 2 button prompts when standing over their loot: (1) Split cash evenly with teammates or (2) Take all their cash and you become labeled as a traitor.

  4. #29
    So how do you choose what weapons you start with? Is it similar to the original Kane and Lynch fragile alliance?

  5. #30
    Originally Posted by joe the janitor
    So how do you choose what weapons you start with? Is it similar to the original Kane and Lynch fragile alliance?
    Yes, after a round is over you get to choose your equipment.
    I got 99 problems but a traitor ain't one.

  6. #31
    Originally Posted by Bionicicide
    What qualifies as "not sharing the haul" to the AI?

    And yeah, Destructoid's preview said you get traitor immunity for a short time if you see someone who has a yellow flag indicator over their head which signifies that they grazed a teammate but aren't a traitor (yet)... BUT! *Do you still get labeled as a traitor if you kill a traitor?

    *Idea
    If you kill a traitor, you get 2 button prompts when standing over their loot: (1) Split cash evenly with teammates or (2) Take all their cash and you become labeled as a traitor.
    Now there's a good idea.

  7. #32
    Originally Posted by Nick@IO
    Nope, you kill someone, you become a traitor. In arcade mode, our team mates will turn on you if you don't share the haul - whoever kills you becomes a traitor but the round obviously ends with your death so in that sense it's a little redundant that the killer becomes a traitor. The system was made to ensure that the game would become progressively harder with each level (it goes on forever until you loose all three lives, basically) along with other systems that slowly tighten the noose around your neck.

    In multiplayer, you always become a traitor if you kill someone whether they have contributed or not. Actually, there's one exception to that rule but we'll talk about that later on.
    I don't get it. What do you mean by not sharing the haul? How can you not share the cash and not become a traitor at the same time?

  8. #33
    I think he means it's a way of not letting your teammates do all the work. If they are carrying all them money and doing all the fighting, you're basically useless and they will kill you. Best I can tell, it seems like a way to make the leaderboards based on skill more than based on who can let their teammates do all the work.

    Anyway, one brief concern, how will that potential traitor thing work? I can see a lot of people abusing it on line by running in front of you as you are shooting a cop and then killing you without penalty.

  9. #34
    Originally Posted by Mercenary of The7
    Yes, after a round is over you get to choose your equipment.
    What kind of equipment can we look forward to? In the video, I definitely see some AK-47's and a merc with a sniper rifle.

    I assume there are a few more options this time around eh?

  10. #35
    Originally Posted by Kent-45
    What kind of equipment can we look forward to? In the video, I definitely see some AK-47's and a merc with a sniper rifle.

    I assume there are a few more options this time around eh?
    Pistols, submachine guns, assault weapons. Some weapons will have a level requirement, so there should be a leveling system in the game.
    I got 99 problems but a traitor ain't one.

  11. #36
    Originally Posted by Mercenary of The7
    Pistols, submachine guns, assault weapons. Some weapons will have a level requirement, so there should be a leveling system in the game.
    I.... love... you

  12. #37
    Originally Posted by Mercenary of The7
    Pistols, submachine guns, assault weapons. Some weapons will have a level requirement, so there should be a leveling system in the game.
    ...<3

    Now just make the single-player campaign nice and long and this'll get to be my favorite game ever.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    596
    Originally Posted by Garrett Vega
    I don't get it. What do you mean by not sharing the haul? How can you not share the cash and not become a traitor at the same time?
    Originally Posted by Bionicicide
    What qualifies as "not sharing the haul" to the AI?

    And yeah, Destructoid's preview said you get traitor immunity for a short time if you see someone who has a yellow flag indicator over their head which signifies that they grazed a teammate but aren't a traitor (yet)... BUT! *Do you still get labeled as a traitor if you kill a traitor?

    *Idea
    If you kill a traitor, you get 2 button prompts when standing over their loot: (1) Split cash evenly with teammates or (2) Take all their cash and you become labeled as a traitor.
    Sharing the haul means you participate by picking up loot, killing enemies and assisting your guys in getting away. If you just hang around, don't kill anyone, don't carry any of the loot, the AI will start to go 'wait a minute... why is this guy here and why should I share my money with him?'.

    You don't become a traitor if you kill a traitor, of course.

  14. #39
    I see. But still, I'm sure most players will be more than happy to shoot the cops and steal money. Although, if it becomes more difficult with each round, the player might become less aggressive and more defensive in order to save his life. And then the AI will start to have these interesting ideas...

  15. #40
    8 character models, chosen at random, just like the ps3 version of Dead men. could this mean an end to all the douchebag boosters? i hope so. also the concept of killing ppl who dont pull their weight is awesome. so many times ive become a traitor by shooting ppl who just run straight to the van without helping everybody get the cash. that pi$$es me off so much
    PSN: Doktor Klown
    Slaughter is the best medicine

  16. #41
    Originally Posted by Dr Klowneus
    8 character models, chosen at random, just like the ps3 version of Dead men. could this mean an end to all the douchebag boosters? i hope so. also the concept of killing ppl who dont pull their weight is awesome. so many times ive become a traitor by shooting ppl who just run straight to the van without helping everybody get the cash. that pi$$es me off so much
    That works only on the arcade mode by the npc, you'll still be tagged as traitor if you do it on fragiale alliance.

    Anyway, I just wanted to point out that it's a little bit confusing to put the arcade mode amongst the multiplayer modes, 'couse if I got it right, it's still single player(or is there a coop mode aswell?).

  17. #42
    Originally Posted by Brackstone17
    Are you talking about that balding fellow dressed in the absolute heighth of armed robbery fashion? He seems like a pretty cool guy.
    Eh, I like that guy that looks like Francis from Left 4 Dead

    Originally Posted by Mercenary of The7
    Pistols, submachine guns, assault weapons. Some weapons will have a level requirement, so there should be a leveling system in the game.
    Wait, how do you know this?! Do you live in San Francisco?

  18. #43
    Alright, that makes sense so players don't hang back at the start and expect a "level complete".

    I still would like to see a *"dead weight" mechanic in the all-human Fragile Alliance where that shouldn't be tolerated online either.

    *Idea
    Each level has a cash threshold and if the team reaches it and the bottom tier players have a deficiency of 50% to 100% less cash than the next player's loot total then you get an option to kill the dead weight with traitor immunity.

  19. #44
    But what about us players who only grab like 100k and then kill all the enemies?

  20. #45
    Originally Posted by zephyr1991
    But what about us players who only grab like 100k and then kill all the enemies?
    I guess if you killed the most enemies then that'll save you, but I think I'm just psyching myself out so ignore my traitor immunity idea altogether.

  21. #46
    So, erm, when is the next video coming out?

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    798
    Tomorrow. Fragile Alliance screens, trailer.
    Now you can see new screens from Arcade Mode on http://www.kaneandlynch.com

  23. #48
    Originally Posted by Acid Burn
    Tomorrow. Fragile Alliance screens, trailer.
    Now you can see new screens from Arcade Mode on http://www.kaneandlynch.com
    Yes.

  24. #49

    Big Grin

    Originally Posted by Acid Burn
    Tomorrow. Fragile Alliance screens, trailer.
    Now you can see new screens from Arcade Mode on http://www.kaneandlynch.com
    YES!!! I CANT WAIT! just seeing the 1st fragile alliance trailer had me drooling on the computer keys. must buy for me.

    Does arcade mode have a split screen ability by any chance? if it did, i would bow down and worship the almighty IO.
    i have the theme song stuck in my head. dum dum duuum duum dum bum bum dum.

  25. #50
    Cops and robbers and undercover cop.. just the names intrigue me.\


    Also is it me... or did they add beeps to the trailer? At least on the flash site?

Page 2 of 5 First First 12345 Last