Page 1 of 10 12345 ... Last

Thread: Fps issues

Fps issues

Nvidia Optimus/Laptop Issue

My first day on the Alpha I noticed I had to drop all the GFX settings to low to get the game to be playable. I'm currently running a Laptop with a i7 and Nvidia GTX 670M which "should" run the game fine. I have the system to use the Nvidia GPU all the time in the system settings but still had frame rate issues. So I manually added the game to use the Nvidia GPU and not the Intel 4000 and boom 40 FPS solid on high settings.

It seems for what ever reason the Optimus thing does not work all the well all the time. It solved my fame rate issues, as well as a random load issue I was having from time to time when the game would hang.

So just a heads up to the fellow Laptop games that run Nvidia, you might want to manually select that Nosgoth runs on the Nvida card.

:Edit:

Doh! I should have added this at the start of the thread in case you have the issue and are not familiar with the process of changing these settings. My bad

1. Right Click your desktop and select Nvidia Control Panel

2. Select Manage 3D Settings

3. Click the Program Settings Tab

4. Click Add

5. Click Browse

6. Locate Nosgoth.exe and select it. Default location is - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\nosgoth\Binaries\Win32\nosgoth.exe

7. Click the drop down menu for selecting preferred graphics processor to use. Select Nvidia and hit apply

Your all done! The game now will be using the Nvidia GPU and not the built in GPU/APU. The same steps can be used for any game or program the only part that will change is set 5. You will browse to the location of what ever games/programs exe you want the Nvidia GPU to run and select it.
    Last edited by snipethewolf; 25th Dec 2013 at 06:51.

I don't seem to have this issue and I use optimus, but I will force Nosgoth to use the NVidia GPU and see if there are any changes.

I have had issues on and off with Optimus so it might just be my laptop that does not work correctly, its a Toshiba Qosmio x75 series.

let me know if you see any changes in performance I am curious now if its just my laptop that is not working correctly.

Nothing detectable on my end I'm afraid, I also checked GPU usage with the default settings and the correct GPU was being used.

Well it might just me my laptop then. I love/hate the thing all at the same time.

Anyway might be interesting to see if there are other laptop gamers out there having performance issues or what there performance is like.

I use a laptop with NVIDIA GeForce GT740M and Win 8 and don't seem to have any issues - I have issues with some skipping/lag but I'm sure that's my naff internet rather than the graphics. I hope you can figure out a way to sort this issue

I think I have pin pointed the issue. It seems for what ever reason when I updated my video card driver to the latest from Nvidia directly and not the way out dated one Toshiba is pushing it nerfed Optimus some how.

I did a clean install of the Toshiba supplied one and it got Optimus working BUT it had a huge drop in performance. From a solid 40fps+ to a shakey 20ish. So I went back the the new Nvidia direct one and just have to set the game to use the Nvidia GPU manually. I know such a pain a whole 45 sec or so

Why didn't you just get your update directly from Nvidia instead of Toshiba? Do you not use the "GeForce Experience"? I'm typically not a fan of those kinds of programs, but they did a really good job with it.

Originally Posted by lucinvampire
    I use a laptop with NVIDIA GeForce GT740M and Win 8 and don't seem to have any issues - I have issues with some skipping/lag but I'm sure that's my naff internet rather than the graphics. I hope you can figure out a way to sort this issue
    Originally Posted by lucinvampire

Probably the fact it's a laptop. When that GPU gets rolling it'll cause heating issues. That 740 should easily handle it though. My 640 doesn't blink at full settings here.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

Originally Posted by cmstache
    Why didn't you just get your update directly from Nvidia instead of Toshiba? Do you not use the "GeForce Experience"? I'm typically not a fan of those kinds of programs, but they did a really good job with it....

Most of the time Laptop makers tweak the hardware in odd ways. For the best performance as far as stability goes its always best to stick with there driver releases. As a avid gamer I don't mind doing work arounds to get that extra few FPS and AA settings to make games that mush better.

As for lucinvampire's issue with random lag I would agree with you cmstache. It does kind of sound like a thermal issue, god knows I have them, laptop shutdown last night mid game due to over heating... Dont rememeber who was in the lobby but they where nice and it was fun. Boo poor cooling, boo.

Stache - thank you I will definitley keep an eye on it - I did give it a prod yesterday and it was warm but not on fire

Snipe - that sucks - had an issue where I got booted from a game the other night to and it sucks so bad

I just realized (thanks to DeputyPotato) that I´m suffering from the same thing - I got intel integrated card and Nvidia 630M. However, when I play Nosgoth, I get barely 25fps with all video settings on minimum and I had no idea why, but now it seems that my notebook is not switching the graphics card as it should when playing Nosgoth. Is it possible? I have Nvidia 630M, i5 2,5GHz, shouldn´t it run better?
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 20th Dec 2013 at 23:28.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\nosgoth\Binaries\Win32\nosgoth.exe

You have to add it manually in the NVIDIA control panel.

Thank you! Couldn´t find it... It worked, now I get around 30 at least thanks.
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 21st Dec 2013 at 00:10.

Incredibly Low FPS

Hey guys ! I just got into the game today, it's amazing ! Only problem is that I have incredibly low FPS, around 20-25. Before you ask, I lowered every video setting to low, disabled all the enhancing stuff, like motion blur and high def shadows and whatnot. I have a laptop with Intel i5 @ 2500 ghz quad core processor, 6 gig ram and 4 gig video card. I have no idea why it is this low, I can play pretty much every game on a solid 60 FPS. Is it because of my laptop or is this normal in closed alpha?

Nvidia optimus?

I have GeForce 610m

It's normal in some alphas, but not in ours. We've done a lot of work to try to optimize the game but there's always the chance that there are some hardware-specific issues that we need to address. Such is the nature of PC games.

If you are able to, please follow the directions I outlined here: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...9837#post79837

Thanks.

You more than likely have optimus. In the nvidia control panel force nosgoth to use the 610m rather than any global setting.

Okay, thank you Eric ! I sent those in an E mail but forgot to mention that I had everything set to low. One last question, as you guys work on the game and optimize/update it, will it run smoothly on my laptop? Cause I think mine is not that bad.

Unhappy Can not play at all :(

Hello to whom may be reading.
    To use simple words, i can't play the game. At all. Ingame stutter and very low fps make the game unplayable.
    At the start of the match and at every respawn i can move around the map with lag and stutter but i can move, but as soon as the enemy team gets close and we start fighting the game freezes almost, i thing i'm getting like 5 fps or so.
    Sound stutters from start to end. Tried different video settings up to lowest but to no success.
    I would post my DxDIag but i can't find the upload file button so i'm just gonna say this:
    Intel I5 , 6 gb RAM, GeForce 520MX.
    If anyone knows a solution please help me.
    Thanks!

are you using a notebook or laptop of any kind? Those can have some issues?

Next when you made the DxDiag send it to nosgothbugs@square-enix.com
    with the following information:
    Link to topic
    IGN and forum name
    Short describtion of error

Thanks for the reply.
    Yes i am using a Samsung notebook.
    Usually i can play almost any game, given that i lower the video settings enough. Dont know what the issue really is in this case.
    Sent an email as you suggested, hope for a response soon.

I have exactly the same problem. I made sure my videocard is up to date and I have heaps of place on my computer etc. Can play ANY other game without problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!will take above advice and send in my details but at this stage I am more than annoyed

Fps issues

Hi everyone i've buy the founder pack today ,and was pretty exited to play ... Then i launched the game and the bad surprise i've got ... The games run at 15fps (with everthing in low ! ) , i have a good computer, can someone explain me what's going on ? +

My config : 8GO ram
    GTX675MX
    i7-3630QM ( 2.4ghz - max 3.4ghz )

It should definitely work perfect on your system. Are you running on a tower or a laptop?

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... Last