Thread: Fps issues

Fps issues

Low FPS "SOLVED"

Hey Guys i made a thread few days ago about how low is my fps and it's impossible to play the game on my spec in fact some people surprised that the game actually opens

I went into Documents/My Games/Nosgoth/BCMPGame/Config/BCMPSystemSettings And reduced :
    Shadows , Lights , Fog........... till the game started running on a Laptop was no made for gaming With 2 GB ram !

http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/4095032/file.html Replace this with your BCMPSystemSettings For a fix 100% tested And of course no viruses ! (Tested)

Dude u rock!I had 15fps now i got 30-40!

Worked beautifully!!! The game is much smoother now. A few things to consider however...

I had a problem where replacing the ini file with yours would cause the file to be rebuilt every time the game was restarted. I compared the two files and tracked the cause down. At the very end of the ini file, there is a section labeled "IniVersion". You must replace the two lines in that section with the version numbers from the latest ini file in order for the game to recognize the file as the latest version. It is also possible that this custom ini file will be replaced in a later update (make sure to keep a backup) and you will need to repeat this process.

The other consideration is rather minor. My native resolution is 1600x1900 and your ini file was not set to that. I simply changed the resolution back using the settings menu. Are there any other elements within the ini file that are intended for a different resolution that need to be changed manually?

Would someone mind posting step by step instructions on how to find the file that I'm supposed to replace? I'm also on a laptop not originally meant for gaming. I'm on a Dell Inspiron N4110 with an integrated graphics/video card. xD Anything that'll boost my fps to any degree will be helpful. I'm getting around 10-15 right now, I think. Hoping to get 20 fps anyways. I can deal with that. Can't deal with 10 though.

Thanks,
    Playmaker2
    Also Known As: Maddog8243

After downloading the file follow this destination Documents/My Games/Nosgoth/BCMPGame/Config and replace the original "BCMPSystemSettings" with the file

Sorry for my bad english , i'm arabian

11 frames a second

I bought this game on the steam sale yesterday. BUT, whenever I try to play it I only get 11 frames a second sometimes 12. It is nothing to do with the specs of my computer they are great. I got through the tutorial and I am interested in the game so I would like to figure out a solution so I can play, thanks.

Originally Posted by GunnerZan
    After downloading the file follow this destination Documents/My Games/Nosgoth/BCMPGame/Config and replace the original "BCMPSystemSettings" with the file

Sorry for my bad english , i'm arabian
    Thanks. I did that, about to launch Nosgoth now and see if that helped any.

EDIT: It did help. Boosted FPS by about 5 or so.
    Last edited by Playmaker2; 22nd Jun 2014 at 21:12.
    Also Known As: Maddog8243

Originally Posted by Kryptiic
    I bought this game on the steam sale yesterday. BUT, whenever I try to play it I only get 11 frames a second sometimes 12. It is nothing to do with the specs of my computer they are great. I got through the tutorial and I am interested in the game so I would like to figure out a solution so I can play, thanks.
    Specs?
    Laptop, or desktop?
    OS?
    32-bit or 64-bit?
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

Wicked Specs -- Awful Performance

Hello!

I have had issues with Frames Per Second / movement delay with Nosgoth (in the tutorial) and thus have been unable to play. This is extremely odd, as my ASUS N550 laptop specs are at or better than not only the minimum but recommended specs (Nosgoth FAQ: http://www.nosgoth.com/faq). Here are my specs fyi:

Intel Core i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40GHz
    8 GB RAM
    64-bit Windows 8 (not 8.1)
    GEFORCE 750M (Passmark benchmark: 1526 v. recommended 260 - 1120)
    Latest NVidia Drivers
    Latest DirectX

Nosgoth runs around 12 FPS for me on LOW graphics.
    The problem must be something simple like integrated graphics v nvidia or a similar "silly" fix. Counter-Strike Global offensive, for comparison, runs completely smooth at around 100 FPS

Has anyone else had similar problems? Suggestions?

Thanks for reading.

yup! cant play on mine either....and Support has said Nothing about it!! thanks Support!!

Hello,

sorry to hear you're having trouble. Since your card is a 750M perhaps the following quote from Psyonix_Corey might help:

You have a mobile Nvidia GPU, can you make sure in your NVidia settings that Nosgoth is flagged for full 3D? Many people who complain of FPS problems with Nvidia mobile cards find that their PC is not using the card for Nosgoth.

We've contacted NVidia to hopefully get it auto detected for 3D in a future driver update.
    Try the above fix, and see if it sorts the issue out.

Cheers.

Just make Nosgoth run with Nvidia card in the Nvidia control panel and it's fixed.

Thank you for the advice Tube_Reaver and RainaAudron -- the game runs around 60fps on low settings now (woo!). I knew there had to be some simple fix I was missing, I appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot for the info! 125 hours played, thinking it's normal to have bad performance like that Totally different game now :P

FPS issues /:

hey i just got nosgoth and i launched today to get 15 fps max on all settings low, will they update nosgoth to lower graphics so toaster laptops can play with a reasonable 40+ fps /:

i3-3227u CPU 1.90 GHz 1.90 GHz
    4.00 GB (3.88 GB Usable)
    64 bit operating system

hopefully they will because i really like nosgoth but it's not enjoyable with 15 fps

Not sure why youd buy an _ultra_ energy saving CPU and then ask for playing current 3D games on it...

Originally Posted by FireWorks911
    Not sure why youd buy an _ultra_ energy saving CPU and then ask for playing current 3D games on it...
    not that good with picking out laptops but is there a way i can trade out energy saving for more performance?

Originally Posted by Kyo_Tsuma
    not that good with picking out laptops but is there a way i can trade out energy saving for more performance?
    Google tips online for adjusting your power plan. That said, there's only going to be so much you can get out of it. Getting a cooling pad has helped me int he past too. Despite the name, laptops aren't meant to be used on your lap.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

Looking at those scores+specs and comparing with mine (I got notebook as well), it does not seem you can get any more fps out of your pc, unfortunately. Cooling pad can help, but getting extra fps might require new hardware...

You can manually set your power settings by clicking on the battery icon in the right bottom corner on your screen and select high performance.

well as you can see im horrible at picking pc's/laptops, would you mind picking a few cheat but fairly decent ones (my price range is around 500 - 700) and i can't build a custom one so thats out of the idea

Originally Posted by Kyo_Tsuma
    well as you can see im horrible at picking pc's/laptops, would you mind picking a few cheat but fairly decent ones (my price range is around 500 - 700) and i can't build a custom one so thats out of the idea
    700 currency? Where do you live? Youd best go for a dedicated forum where people enjoy helping people like you in need. With the right knowledge of PCs, games and the hardware market. You should take any advice from this forum with a lot of salt.

Originally Posted by GunnerZan
    Hey Guys i made a thread few days ago about how low is my fps and it's impossible to play the game on my spec in fact some people surprised that the game actually opens

I went into Documents/My Games/Nosgoth/BCMPGame/Config/BCMPSystemSettings And reduced :
    Shadows , Lights , Fog........... till the game started running on a Laptop was no made for gaming With 2 GB ram !

http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/4095032/file.html Replace this with your BCMPSystemSettings For a fix 100% tested And of course no viruses ! (Tested)

THIS works! holy *** ty!

LOW FPS ISSUE

Hello there , i love this game ,i really want to play it but as title says my fps is 15-20 out of combat and 1-10 in combat tried lowering all possible graphic options and game related still nothing ive endlesly read the net for an answer never a direct one if this is beta problem then ok if other people can play it then i need help, becomes really unplayable at the point u enter a fight , and frustrating.,,,my pc specs are
    Pentium dual core cpu E5800
    3.20 ghz
    4 G of ram
    ATI RADEON HD 5570
    and im using Windows 7 ultimate 32-bit

any kind of help would be most welcome

btw awesome game!

Mega Sound Clipping causing FPS Lag

I play CS:GO @ 60 - 80 FPS Constant reaching in the 100+ anywhere that has lower polygons, I've played Unreal 3 on my computer, as well as AVA, Battery, the list goes on... where I've reached the same.

Every 5 - 6 seconds, since this update, I experience massive sound clipping + massive fps chopping.

Before this update, I was playing perfectly.

these issues existed before the patch too. All your games are not in beta like Nosgoth... i.e. its not optimized yet

Page 5 of 10 First First 123456789 ... Last