Thread: The Trucks Have Missed out on Awesome Stunt Jumps...

The Trucks Have Missed out on Awesome Stunt Jumps...

The Trucks Have Missed out on Awesome Stunt Jumps...

I just thought, the trucks:
    Fengding EC14FD2
    Fengding EC2 Lift
    Niseco Tusker P246
    & to a lesser extent the vehicles:
    Dalton N90
    Marten Storm III-2
    MV Command
    MV V880
    Poloma Renegade
    Wilforce Range X
    All had an opportunity for an awesome defensive Stunt Jump. If you look at their pictures here you'll notice they have compartments in their rears, it would have been awesome if Rico could have stunt jumped inside of these in order to fire at enemy vehicles giving chase, but not being so open and exposed on top of the vehicle. I know we won't get this in JC2, but it might be nice in JC3. Imagine Co-op & this, you're in the back with a machine gun while your buddy drives.
    What do you guys think?
    ~ODd it

Thumbs Up

I actually tried to do something like that not too long ago. I managed to lure a faction member into driving one of the large trucks, (the Fengding) but unfortunately, when I jumped into the back, he wouldn't drive since you have to be "stunting" on a vehicle for them to go. Otherwise they just wait for you.

So I agree, it would be a really nice feature since, as you said, you can actually get some cover while you're firing. Plus, the trucks can take a lot of damage.
    RICO: First Blood Part II

Yeah, I tried that with the Dalton, I could ride in the back, but since I wasn't stunt jumping they wouldn't drive through stuff. Plus they never go fast enough and always get out when enemies show up. Nice to know I'm not alone in this train of thought...

cwatididthar?
    ~ODd it

Originally Posted by The ODdeST_1
    cwatididthar?
    I stared at that for 60 seconds before I realized what it said... then I got the joke. rofl...

BTW, something that does work, kind of, is if you call a vehicle from the black market and lure a faction member to it, they will drive those too. I had one guy driving a tank for me as I was on the top. It was tricky to get him to use it though. I thought they might use the cannon too, but they didn't. I want to try and do the same thing with a chopper, but that's more difficult to do on purpose.

Also speaking of riding in the backs of vehicles; I would have liked to have had an option to do like what they have in the intro mission, where Rico can fire the mounted gun from the side of the large chopper.

Originally Posted by Agent_4637
    Also speaking of riding in the backs of vehicles; I would have liked to have had an option to do like what they have in the intro mission, where Rico can fire the mounted gun from the side of the large chopper.
    That would be a good idea for a new mission, attacking a convoy with the gun on the copter then once all but one of the vehicles is destroyed, switch to cutscene: a mobile anti-air vehicle appears and fires at the chopper, Rico jumps from it just as it explodes. Back to game:
    "Serdadu you must destroy that anti-air, or I cannot send reinforcements!"
    "What do you think I'm doing?"
    Maybe when ever Rico switches to parachute it is shot by the anti-air so the player has to time it just right. Once Rico destroys it another chopper appears though it drops a jet onto the freeway:
    "Serdadu I cannot chase that last vehicle with helicopters, you must chase it down in this jet"
    Rico chases it down & destroys it when:
    "Serdadu, enemy fighter jets are after you, get behind them & use the [newly installed with the mission] lock-on missiles to blow them from the sky"
    Rico fights in a really cool air battle that people will always die at least once on*. Mission complete, everyone apparently happy.

*Which will cause a small amount of people to complain about jet battles & what the hell were Avalanche thinking...

I didn't know about luring them, but since they don't use the turret I suppose it's moot. Don't you think it's weird how we are the only two posting on this thread. Where is everyone?
    ~ODd it

Originally Posted by The ODdeST_1
    Don't you think it's weird how we are the only two posting on this thread. Where is everyone?
    Yeah, there's probably multiple reasons, just like Killm noticed before, there's certain times of day when it seems like no one is on. I think this is also about the time (as in amount of time after the game has been out) that people have began dropping off. Especially since RDR is right around the corner. You know, and there isn't much info on a patch, or even any unknown DLCs to look forward to. Mycoldman doesn't even post that often anymore.

As for your mission, it sounds good, and you're right, I really wish there were air battles in the game. A few times I've actually stolen a Leopard and would follow another taking off just to shoot it down. What's cool is; it's like part of the AI for air battles is there because once you shoot at them, they start trying to dodge your fire. They also look really good as they go spiraling down on fire. Also be nice if they did add in the AI, if they could try and strafe you on the ground. So many possibilities!

Oh, and yeah, even though the factions don't use the weapons on the BM vehicles, it's still kind of fun to try just because they can take more damage, and the driver is protected. Like, using the Razorback, when riding on top, you can blow up vehicles that are right next to it for example and you don't have to worry so much about damaging it right away. It makes for some nice captures.

Luring the faction guys is kind of tricky, but just mess around with it, and you'll figure out more how their AI works. Normally you have to get them near the vehicle and then if they start to run to another, just "pull grapple" them over, and they should reset and run to the better vehicle. Or at least the closer available one.

I think it would be cool if weapons could be "carried" in truck beds. I tried getting a minigun to sit in the bed so I could drive the Fengding and shoot stuff up with it. Unfortunately, if you drop the detached minigun while standing in the truck bed, it falls through.

Originally Posted by Noobinabox
    I think it would be cool if weapons could be "carried" in truck beds. I tried getting a minigun to sit in the bed so I could drive the Fengding and shoot stuff up with it. Unfortunately, if you drop the detached minigun while standing in the truck bed, it falls through.
    Yeah, that's a good one. Maybe even allow you to mount your own weapon to any vehicle, and to go along with that, I thought it might be cool to have the option to actually switch the mounted gun you want on the current battle vehicles, so, like, you could take the machinegun off the faction vehicles and replace it with a minigun, etc.

EDIT: @The_ODdeST_1: I also forgot to say that I like your thought about the AA guns firing at Rico when his 'chute is open. That could make for some really cool scenes trying to skydive into a base without getting shot up. Wish the enemy would take more advantage of the AA guns already in the game too, instead of just leaving them for the player, especially when you're attacking a base in a jet.

Originally Posted by BridgetFisher
    This is Lacy Chabert, she kinda looks like new lara in this pic without even trying? She is an actor who had a role in the movie "Lost in Space", so bonus points for being an explorer, extra bonus points for being a space explorer!

The similarity is uncanny! She is very pretty.
    signature image