Thread: The Iron Man 2 Thread

The Iron Man 2 Thread

Okay,so Iron Man 2 has hit theaters around the world,It doesn't hit the States until next week,but for those that have seen it,here's your place to discuss it in all its mechanical,super-heroic glory.

signature image

I don't mind replacements in sequels but... DON CHEADLE AS WAR MACHINE?!

Let's see how it turns out.

Allright i saw the movie today. Here's my thoughts:

Well i found it superiour to it's predecessor. They kept the humor really good, and while the action scenes weren't so much there, whenever there was actual action it was very very brilliantly done. The subplots we're all great, outside the poisoning. It was kinda pointless if you ask me, because it just gets resolved instantly, making me question whenever or not it was necessary whatsoever.

Now Downey and Rockwell really steal the show, whenever they we're on the scene they we're these glorified douchebags, and you love them for being such douches. Whiplash was an interesting sympathic villain, but his final scenes we're.... Lacking sort to speak. He pretty much just goes away on his final scene. No great speech, no nothing special. It's just game over and he lost practically.

Oh and loved seeing Samuel L Jackson.... Being Samuel L Jackson with an eye patch. Good stuff. John Favreu was in plenty of scenes too, and he was quite funny hehe.

9/10 easily.

Ive heard quite alot of good things about this movie. Its stormed to the top of the UK cinema charts and some of my college friends were saying that its even better than The Dark Knight!

Quote Originally Posted by Drazar View Post
    Allright i saw the movie today. Here's my thoughts:

9/10 easily.

god bless you I know you mean well but man NOW I know the whole plot..LOL

AGH!!

Batz-R-Us is offline The user formally know as Why_So_Serious_?
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMcMulla View Post
    Ive heard quite alot of good things about this movie. Its stormed to the top of the UK cinema charts and some of my college friends were saying that its even better than The Dark Knight!
    No way, TDK was and probably is for me the best film I've ever seen period. Though of course, everyone has their own opinions...
    Formerly Why_So_Serious_?
    PSN - jackb994 - ADD ME!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMcMulla View Post
    I thought it was more believable than Dark Knight for sure. Since Dark Knight is pretty much tied up that Joker has managed to create the utter most perfect plan. Both movies have their own themes and whatnot.

Thumbs Up

My brother and I went to the midnight showing and I must say, the movie didn't disappoint. It was just as good, if not better than the first one.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

10/10 Easily.
    In my opinion,the film was better than the first...way better.RDJ once again delivered a brilliant performance as Tony Stark.He was narcissistic,brilliant,and hilarious.

Now,onto Mickey Rourke.After his critical comeback in The Wrestler,Mickey has gotten his head back into the Game.This was his return to the blockbuster circuit,and he didn't disappoint.When we first met him,I felt compassion for him,but as the film went on,he became more and more villainous as Whiplash.This guy is scary as hell,as well as incredibly threatening.Not many people can pull off threatening as they sit in their underwear.Mickey,covered in tattoos,and built like a bear only appears more threatening.All I can say is,that Rourke's brilliant and brutal Vanko does a hell of a job as one of the film's antagonists,and I hope to see more of this great character.

I loved Mad Men's John Slattery as Tony's late father,Howard Stark.He was a brilliant addition to the film,and I can't wait to see more of the Senior Mr.Stark in...
    signature image

next year's The First Avenger:Captain America.As for his personality,think Howard Hughes meets Walt Disney,and the first thing I thought of when he first appeared in stock footage was of The Wonderful World of Disney Specials from the 1960's.

Gwyneth Paltrow returned as Pepper Potts.She was very,very *y in her return,and quite annoying at times.Let's just say there were a few instances where I wished Tony would've dropped her and been done with it.

Clark Gregg returns in a few bit parts as S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Agent Coulson,and although he doesn't add much to the plot,his scenes were enjoyable.

Scarlett Johansson as Natalie Rushman/Natashia Romanoff.Ahhhh...Scarlett Johansson.She played a good part.She didn't speak much,but I'll be damned if she couldn't pull off wearing her skin-tight Black Widow jumpsuit.All in all,she was a breath of fresh air from Paltrow's whiny Ms.Potts.

As for Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer...he's a dick.Not much more to say,but he is a hilarious,narcissistic,dirty,greedy,rotten...
    signature image

bastard who makes the entire film much more fun.I especially liked the chemistry between he and Stark,you could see the tension,and it was great to see how they played off of each other's attitudes.I liked how he interacted with Rourke as well.Here is a hardened criminal,and Rockwell's mood changes like that of a whiny child.He starts off sucking up with top-of-the-line foods and anything Vanko wants,and as Vanko begins to do what he wants,Rockwell resorts to temper tantrums and threats.

Don Cheadle's Rhodey was enjoyable,and I felt that he and RDJ had much better chemistry than with his predecessor,Terrence Howard.War Machine was...to put it mildly,a badass,and I thoroughly enjoyed the team-up style fight scenes with the two.

I liked Samuel L. Jackson's return as Nick Fury,it was enjoyable,albeit a little brief.I do however,hope to see more of him in The First Avenger:Captain America,and The Avengers.

I also must give a nod to Gary Shandling in his turn as Senator Stern,a United States Senator ...
    signature image

who goes on a witch hunt against Tony Stark in order to acquire the Iron Man Technology,he is especially snarky to Tony and I really enjoyed some of his comments(mainly at the end of the film).

All in all,I feel that Iron Man 2 is the blockbuster hit of the summer,and it gets a well deserved 10/10.(Oh,and for more Superhero goodies,stay after the credits.)
    signature image

^^ nice qua..err.. quadruple post

I saw it yesterday and I expected more...i'd give it an 8/10 and i still think the first movie was better.

Did anyone see Larry King?

Quote Originally Posted by xbox360kris View Post
    ^^ nice qua..err.. quadruple post
    Yea, what exactly was the point of that batfan???

Anywho, I saw this on Wednesday with my girlfriend and it was pretty good. Certainly was not better than the original but it was a decent sequel. I really liked the scene when

PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

@Nemesis:

@Nemesis:
    Yeah,it was in the novelazation.

@Nemesis
    I use my PS3 to post and for some reason,there's a stupid text limit.
    signature image

Anyone seen iron baby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyoA4LXQco4

Funniest thing i've seen in a while

I watched Iron Man 2 and it sucks!!! better the first one... amazon affiliate link

See it a second time.Gets better each time you see it.

Quote Originally Posted by rockstairs View Post
    I watched Iron Man 2 and it sucks!!! better the first one...
    This statement confuses me...you saw the movie and it sucked. It was better than the first one....so you also thought the first one sucked. If you didn't like the first one, why spend the money to see the 2nd one in theatres...I don't get this.
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis296 View Post
    This statement confuses me...you saw the movie and it sucked. It was better than the first one....so you also thought the first one sucked. If you didn't like the first one, why spend the money to see the 2nd one in theatres...I don't get this.
    Couldn't resist laughing to that..

Oh that is plain awesome! I would love if in the Captain America film, Tony Stark makes an appearance and uses that element to create his shield!
    Sometimes, doing something wrong is what it takes to do something right.

Ok, I realize a spammer revived this thread, but I'm going to comment since I rewatched it last night... I liked the movie, both 1 and 2. They aren't masterpieces, but they're good, leading to the events of the Avengers which I can't wait to see I watched the Incredible Hulk and I need to watch Thor and Cap. America
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image