Thread: I downloaded the Joker challenge maps, but I can't play as him.

I downloaded the Joker challenge maps, but I can't play as him.

I downloaded the Joker challenge maps, but I can't play as him.

Hi,

I downloaded the Joker challenge maps from the Playstation Network. I have also completed Story Mode as well as the Riddler Challenges (ie found all the trophies, solved riddles etc).

However, I can't seem to be able to play as the Joker. When I go to Challenge Mode, I am given the option of playing as Batman or Armoured Batman. Ditto for Downloadable Content.

Any help would be much appreciated.

yeah that happened to me the first time just delete the maps, then re download them

The user formally know as Why_So_Serious_?
    Did you download the maps off the wrong region associated with your game copy?

For example, to get the UK copy of B:AA to show the Joker maps you have to download it off a PSN account registered to an address in the United Kingdom, this applies for everywhere.

If you dont have an address simply find any in the UK and use it.

Now, if you want to play the DLC on your main account all you have to do is start the download on your UK account (for example) and switch (log out) and then log in to your usual main PSN account.

Hope that helps!
    Formerly Why_So_Serious_?
    PSN - jackb994 - ADD ME!

@Batz-R-Us: I live in Australia, and the account is registered to my home address. The region of the game is PAL (Australia).

I'm not using the Game of the Year edition of the game (if that matters) but the "play as the Joker challenge maps" are advertised on the front cover of the game.

@bobmarley7433: Delete the maps? How would I do that?

Originally Posted by slashfrehley42
    @Batz-R-Us: I live in Australia, and the account is registered to my home address. The region of the game is PAL (Australia).

I'm not using the Game of the Year edition of the game (if that matters) but the "play as the Joker challenge maps" are advertised on the front cover of the game.

@bobmarley7433: Delete the maps? How would I do that?
    There are two copies of the Joker DLC on PSN.

The first is the GOTY edition Joker maps which is only for the GOTY edition of the game.

The other copy, simply named "Joker Challenge Maps" is for the normal edition of the game, to find this you may need to use the search function in the store to find it.

To delete the maps you have to go into Game Data Utility and delete the Batman install, when you download the maps it adds to this, (atleast I think so), you will unfortunately have to re-install the game upon starting but its not THAT bad.
    PSN - jackb994 - ADD ME!

Thanks man

I'll have a look on the PSN to see if I downloaded the GOTY version of the maps accidentally.

This is probably a stupid question, but if I delete the Batman install, won't that mean I delete my progress in the game?

Originally Posted by slashfrehley42
    Thanks man

I'll have a look on the PSN to see if I downloaded the GOTY version of the maps accidentally.

This is probably a stupid question, but if I delete the Batman install, won't that mean I delete my progress in the game?
    No, your game save (i.e your progress) is located within the Save Data Utility folder, the game install (which in this case you want to delete) is located in the Game Data Utility folder.
    PSN - jackb994 - ADD ME!

i bought batman arkham asylum game of the year edition and i won the storymode and riddlers challenges. then i downloaded joker DLC on the PSN but cant play as him. i am in malaysia. Does the PSN store have another joker DLC for game of the year edition?

Yes, I think it has a separate one for the GOY edition

I un-installed the GOTY and add-on and then re-installed and I still can't play as Joker. I pre-ordered and it is the GOTY

Oh yea i'm in USA Mountain Time don't know if that makes a difference

I'm also having some problems with the screen rotating around Batman. Anyone have suggestions for that?

Unhappy batman arkham asylum

i bought batman arkham asylum and i wanted to dowload joker challenge maps off the playstation store but it wasnt there i really want to play as joker