Thread: Did anyone read Lynch's interrogation files?

Did anyone read Lynch's interrogation files?

Did anyone read Lynch's interrogation files?

http://deadmen.ru/en/kl1-characters/lynch.html

You may have to save the papers as pictures and zoom in, it's what I had to do.

Man, they're depressing. In fact, Lynch's life is depressing. I feel terrible for the guy. I mean, it's pretty obvious that he had no control over the sudden downward spiral of his life and that he really did love his wife, and it's also pretty obvious that he was the murderer beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I think this is actually one of the reasons I like his character so much- his insanity isn't played off as comedic or used (like in most action movies) to somehow make his character some evil mastermind. Insanity in real life is pretty much just tragic, and I think Lynch is original in the sense that he portrays it well- a guy who really has no control over himself and will do things that he would never conceivably do normally, without even being able to remember it later.

In conclusion, I ended up becoming more depressed and more sympathetic towards Lynch. Yay for me.

EDIT: I could have sworn that Lynch lived in Detroit instead of California. Huh.

Also, apparently Kane's British. Didn't see that one coming.

EDIT2: "Q: ...Did you have any side effects from the medication?

A(this is Lynch): Hmm. Listen, I'm not crazy. I've just had some blackouts- and I've been slightly more aggressive. You know- talking back to the boss and so- but nothing major.

Q: And the blackouts?

A: A few times. Once at work, a few times at home. I just wake up in a strange place and have no idea how I got there. But you can't kill someone if you're laying on the ground unconscious.

Q: What if I told you that during these blackout episodes, you were not laying on the ground unconscious, but walking and talking, in full control?

A: No, I would remember. Listen to me, I didn't kill my wife. I would remember doing what happened to her. I would remember that."

Aw, Lynch ;-;

That's some messed up stuff.

Yeah, they are both pretty messed up. Listening to the audio tapes for both of them really gave more insight to their characters. I wish more video game characters had even half the depth of these guys.

Wow, so much authenticity to those crime reports. I agree, Lynch is a very complex character, and how they deal with his mental problems.

The link for Lynch audio tapes are broken. Does anyone have them? If so, can you upload them somewhere?

Oh, thanks for the head up. Links were fixed. You can download these files now.

i own both kane and lynch's files so i already read them

So when the female police offer is rolling on the ground, bleeding out and begging for her life to be spared, and Lynch unloads his shotgun into her... what brand of sympathy is that? Hmmm?

Kane had his son and wife killed... has a daughter that despises him and basically lost all ties with humanity when he spent a life as a mercenary. He's responsible for countless deaths, most of which law enforcement.... and yet no one sympathizes with him.

No one grieves for the man who lost his world, they only grieve for the hillbilly that thought he could make a quick buck babysitting Kane for The7. Make no mistake, Lynch is the lowest form of life. At least Kane fights for things like family and his daughter... what does Lynch fight for? Nothing.

He claims to care about his murdered wife, but what investigation did he do? If he is so deserving of our sympathy, where's Lynch's Kane-esque crusade to get revenge. There is no crusade. Lynch doesn't give a about his wife, and replaced her with a shanghai girlfriend in no time flat.

The interrogation files are really good, the voice work is top notch.

However, there seems to be contradictions between those interrogations and the actual game:

In the interrogations, Lynch said that he went down for breakfast and found her dead. In the game, he returned home, said "Honey, I'm home!" and then saw the body.

In the files, Lynch said that he never told his wife about the pills, yet in a game's flashback Annie screams "it's ruining out lives!" and Lynch replies - "But honey, these new pills seem to be working, I can feel getting better".

In the interrogation, Kane used his real life name to buy a ticket to Venezuela, yet I'm sure a pro like that would get fake a passport, like how he did before the Tokyo trip in the game.

In the interrogation, the detective says that someone tipped them about Kane's gun collection. Why would The7 tip them off, if they wanted to get their hands on him? Although, it may have been Retomoto, but I don't know why he would do such a cowardly thing.

Originally Posted by Kent-45
    So when the female police offer is rolling on the ground, bleeding out and begging for her life to be spared, and Lynch unloads his shotgun into her... what brand of sympathy is that? Hmmm?

Kane had his son and wife killed... has a daughter that despises him and basically lost all ties with humanity when he spent a life as a mercenary. He's responsible for countless deaths, most of which law enforcement.... and yet no one sympathizes with him.

No one grieves for the man who lost his world, they only grieve for the hillbilly that thought he could make a quick buck babysitting Kane for The7. Make no mistake, Lynch is the lowest form of life. At least Kane fights for things like family and his daughter... what does Lynch fight for? Nothing.

He claims to care about his murdered wife, but what investigation did he do? If he is so deserving of our sympathy, where's Lynch's Kane-esque crusade to get revenge. There is no crusade. Lynch doesn't give a about his wife, and replaced her with a shanghai girlfriend in no time flat.
    Woah woah woah, calm down. I sympathize with Kane too, never said that I didn't. But as to what you said...

1.) Quick buck? I would think that the deciding factor would be that he was going to DIE otherwise.

2.) Where would Lynch start? Kane knows who killed his family. Lynch couldn't have done anything from a prison cell, where he was for YEARS. He has absolutely no leads, no ideas, and he'd never be able to get a lead because he did it.

3.) As for the motivation, Lynch is insane. That's partially why I feel bad for him. He became extremely aggressive and short-tempered thanks to schizophrenia. Neither of them are good people, but it's not all in black and white, and he's not the lowest form of life as you say. Kane's a better person than him, yeah, but Lynch has a terrible mental illness. Do I think Lynch is a good person? No. Not in the least. If I saw him on the street, I'd get right to the other side as fast as I could. But do I pity him? Yes. He came downstairs one day to find the wife that he loved brutally murdered, called the police, and was arrested and told that he did it. And he did, but he wasn't in control of himself. I can't pity him for that?

Also, no time flat? It's been, like 4-6 years.

To Vega: Lol, I noticed those, especially the part about the pills. Oh, well. Time to listen to the audio files.

EDIT: Jarion Monroe did a great job on Lynch's voice in the audio files. But why does the first one start in the middle of the interrogation?

EDIT2: Put together Kane's interrogation audio, put a simple picture behind it. I'll make it more complex once I get some pictures...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNGimN3JAg8

Hey, I cared more about Kane in the first game because all he wants is redemption but each step shows he's not going to get it. In the junkyard, that almost lead me to tears, that whole level with his wife being shot, and his only family hiding in some trench about to be crunched into dust by a huge truck. Kane's at his lowest, and I really empathised with his plight.

Kane's family, specifically his wife, is a metaphor for Kane clinging onto a life that he lost a long time ago... but he doesn't want to accept this. Kane's daughter, his wife, and his son were things in Kane's life that symbolized his humanity. They are symbols for the redemption that Kane wants, but will never have. Kane understands that he has lived a bad life, and the only thing he really cares about is some sort of redemption before he dies.

When Kane's son shot himself playing with Kane's service weapon, Kane lost a part of his humanity and joined up with The7. When Kane had his wife shot in front of him, it triggered the only emotion that Kane probably feels... revenge... as he beat Mute to death with a shovel. The rage that Kane flies into is him becoming more unhinged. At the end of the game, we see Kane's daughter is shot and he carries her to the boat. Kane, in some sort of primitive way, knows that if he daughter dies he will lose all ties to his old life... that said, he obviously doesn't want that to happen.

However it's untrue to assume that Kane is "connected" to his family in any sort of meaningful way. In his interrogation tapes, he was perfectly happy to have them never see him again. Kane is not trying to get Jenny back, but instead to right what he sees as a wrong. It represents the sort of tactical thinking that Kane would apply to something non-tactical like a family. Kane isn't doing this on purpose, but it's all he knows how to do. Kane sees things in terms of right and wrong.... all he has is a hammer, and all his problems look like nails.... Kane may care about his family, but he sees everyone else as simply objects to be manipulated. Even people he may or may not have had a relationship with, like Yoko, is seen as merely a hostage. The anger he displays after she's executed by Lynch is not that of compassion, but merely that of inconvenience... Kane could care less about Yoko. Kane sees Lynch and his men as tools as well... tools to be used to get what he wants. He doesn't care whether they live or die. In this way, Kane's humanity is dead. His clinging to his family, which for all intents and purposes he doesn't really know anymore, because it's the only thing that he can associate with his humanity. In Kane's mind, if he saves his family... or does right by them... he may get the redemption he wants so badly. The truth is, however, he will never find redemption... and that is the tragedy of Kane's story.

Kane is the sad one in this story, and I empathize with him in a very fundamental way.

I see. But I'm not saying that I didn't sympathize with Kane. That last scene on the boat where he's trying to talk to (what I thought was) the corpse of his daughter absolutely broke my heart. I was just making a case for Lynch, too.

Bottom line: They're both depressing, although Kane moreso than Lynch. Now I'm going to go be depressed.

EDIT: Annnnd here's Lynch's interrogation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-zPCzotP9E

Arrow

In some way Kane deserved it ... if he only sees in his family as a 'mean' to maintain his humanity then , he deserved it , he deserved to get ed all over by Lynch and The7 , he shouldn't have left his family fourteen years ago , and his incapacity of dealing with it is why he is making such a martyr out of himself ...

"Dear Jenny , i've been trying to write this letter for fourteen years" "Jenny i wrote you a letter" "it's not finished" DEAL WITH IT shouted Lynch , and he's right , Kane is acting as a drama queen , can we really blame him ? perhaps not , we do feel sorry for the way things have to be in his life , but Kane is making himself a drama queen from the 'wrong' angle ...

That does not make Lynch a adorable character either , no , i sympathise with the mad man because i see a lot of him in me , and a lot of me in him , that does not make him my hero , it just allows me to 'forgive' him a bit more easier , and grieve along with his patheticness ...

Shooting that police woman bleeding on the floor begging for mercy was nothing 'cool' about it , but it's the rage , the anger added over the years that lead to this breaking point of mercilessness that i feel sorry for Lynch ... it's what he is now , a mentally ill person , a mad dog , a wife killer ...
    'The mark has been made' for Lynch , and he has to bear with him for the rest of his pathetic life , his failure as a human being is his burden to take , and while he doesn't have a visible scar on his face , the mark has been made , and since death is not at his doorstep , he has to live with it ...

Of course the same can be said for Kane after the events of Dead Men , it's just that Lynch was already a real dead man before Kane , so i related to him first ...

And who knows , i'm already getting this feeling that i'll relate more to Kane in Dog Days ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.