View Poll Results: Do you think there will be a patch?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

113 62.09%
  • No

69 37.91%
Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: So do you think there will actually be a patch?

So do you think there will actually be a patch?

So do you think there will actually be a patch?

We've all been waiting very patiently now for this patch. A couple of the moderators around here have stated they are working on it. But do you believe this?

We've been told they're doing all they can to iron out any problems. But there is no evidence of this. The game has been released for over 4 weeks now, and in that time they have released 2 or 3 DLC's....but no patch. Something isn't right here. If I recall correctly there was no patch for JC1, so why should we believe there will be one for JC2? All I read are empty promises.

Hopefully I am wrong and just being too pessimistic. But do you guys think we'll actually get a patch.

Mycoldman already said that they're making one. A patch takes a long time to make, especially with some of the bugs that need fixing. But i think a patch will be released soon.

Yes, but the real question is when.

Originally Posted by SmC12
    Mycoldman already said that they're making one. And he said they're trying to tackle all the problems at once. It's been mentioned in like 5 different threads. A patch takes a long time to make, especially with some of the bugs that need fixed.
    Did you even read my first post?

Originally Posted by supertom
    Did you even read my first post?
    Yes, and if they told us they're making one then they are. I do beleive that they are going to release one soon and that it will fix the major problems.

So yes, I think we will actually get a patch, since Mycoldman said they're making one, why would he lie about it?

For marketing reasons. People don't want a (slightly) broken game. People sell broken games. Patches fix broken games. Thus developers will always say they are working on a patch. People keep their game waiting for patch.

Nevertheless, I do hope they release a patch some time soon.

Originally Posted by supertom
    People sell broken games. Patches fix broken games.
    No patch will fix every possible glitch in this or any other game. It's simply not possible, nor should it be expected, to release software of any kind without some glitches. This does not make them "broken", as you assert that JC2 is for some reason.

At what point did I specifically say JC2 was broken? I'd just like to see a few fixes that's all.

I have nearly 100 hrs logged, mostly freeroaming and experimenting, a lot of fun indeed, but I find new glitches the more I play, I have even grappled and hung to thin air like some david blaine magic trick, have played through big areas with no textures loaded on surfaces and vehicles, just collision, and constantly get shot at by invissible grunts, through walls and by rotorless choppers, ...im starting to realize this game has as many bugs as JC1 so I demand a patch.
    Is that an exploding gas canister or popcorn?

Yes, I can confirm there is a patch coming. The details of what the patch covers and when it will be released are still yet to be announced. That is all I can say right now, but again, there is definitely a patch coming.
    www.panauisland.com - #1 source for the latest Just Cause 2 news, information, media, Directors Club and even a live podcast!

To anyone who thinks JC2 is broken, I will direct you to play the game Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl without patching it. Seriously, the few tiny issues that JC2 has are NOTHING compared to a lot of other games.

what do you people want patched? I've yet to see any kind of problem that requires such urgency in the game (pc version).

The game will get a patch.........eventually......
    Join http://s7.zetaboards.com/Gaming_Madnezz/index/ and I will provide several chocolate coated biscuits.

The kinds of issues I have come across are mostly harmless, immersion-breakers which can easily be overlooked. For the most part, I don't even think a patch is totally necessary.

But for the sake of perfection, I think it's a good idea to fix what little is broken, and try to give customers the best experience possible. I don't see why they wouldn't. As has already been said, patches take a long time to make. I would sit back and enjoy the fun glitches while they last.
    "One does not simply rock into Mordor."

Half of the glitches in Just Cause 2 are actually pretty funny and fun to watch

Originally Posted by AssassinAgent47
    Half of the glitches in Just Cause 2 are actually pretty funny and fun to watch
    The pathing error for aircraft at one of the military bases is a good one, I hope they do not fix it.

... Sure, There is a patch coming.. Indeed.

I'm just hoping that it fixes things that really do need to be.. fixed. stuff like the PS3's YouTube upload feature.. & Ummmm, bugs..

Actually, Now that I come to think of it.. whatever it fixes.. I'm happy.

JC2 has hundreds of thousands of lines of programming code..

looking through all that for a bug does take some time..

Not only does it take awhile to make the patch, but then new content usually has to go through the Microsoft and Sony approval process to be released on 360 and PS3. This also takes a fair amount of time.

The pathing error for aircraft at one of the military bases is a good one, I hope they do not fix it.
    Yeah, there were at least two times I was just grappling around and got smacked by a random airplane in the middle of nowhere, pretty much instantly killing me. I don't know if this was good, but it's certainly kind of funny.

I can't speak to the difficulty of bug fixing when it comes to full games, but I do know it takes a lot of work with a mod. It's nice to iron 'em out before the mod is finished, but that's never going to happen and it takes so long to figure out how to fix as much as possible after it's done.

Sometimes you fix one thing and 2 or 3 more bugs will pop up from fixing the other bug! It may take a while before we see a patch.

I hope it comes soon, but I'm still enjoying JC2 as it is right now.
    Add me on PSN or Steam: Talidan or Windows/Xbox Live: KawaiiCuddles (Don't ask :P )
    www.cheatmasters.com

who voted no is either a retard or someone that didn't read through the forum enough.
    there will be a patch

My take on this is that whilst I think there will be some kind of patch, I doubt if it will fix a fraction of things we went it too.

I just think they will solve a handful of urgent issues and thats it.

I would love to be proved wrong, but I would be very surprised if we get a patch which changes/fixes/adds lots of things.

Jon

Easy answer for this poll: YES!

No question about it.. The poll should rather say: Will we get patch in 1 week, 2 weeks or More...
    Community Manager @ Made2game.com

i have not come across major gltiches, is it just me or people complaing about a broken game, just unlucky in a sense?
    "Me want just cause 2" says the caveman

For the freaks among us, trying to get to 100%, it would be really nice if things like the oil rig you can't complete if you failed the mission there, the leisureliner,... would get fixed. Concerning bugs, those minor glitches (sparkling grappling hooks etc.) don't disturb me at all, but there are people who are having some more serious issues, which actually keep you from playing the game in a proper fashion. So i really do hope there will be a patch as soon as possible. I know they don't HAVE to release a patch as they have already sold the game to us, while making some quick DLC is easy extra money, but i think the community would greatly appreciate it if the developer did something like this out of goodwill and for the enjoyment of us gamers. Happy clients are worth a lot as well. Maybe they could release an official statement or something about it, so we could all stop worrying.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last