Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1294

Thread: The last film(s) you watched?

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleDazeem View Post
    Alien and Aliens. First time. I was going to marathon the first 3 with my friend, but eventually ended up watching the first 2 after a few unexpected visitors that were unable to be silent and stop complaining about 'this isn't scary at all, it's too slow pased''.
    Then they completely missed the point of the movies. The pacing was part of what made Alien especially so scary. The other being the fact that you rarely, if ever, get to see the Alien in its full form. The "less is more" approach works so well for Alien.

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleDazeem
    I myself loved them. Definitly will spice up my Alien: Isolation playthrough!
    I am so glad you enjoyed the movies, and I think your Alien Isolation experience is going to live up to the films.

At first, Prometheus was going to be a true prequel to Alien, but then they changed the story and its focus. So it's more like: It's a different story set in the same universe as Alien, and set about 30 years before Alien, but it's only loosely connected, largely because of the Engineers. However, that all said, I loved Prometheus, and look forward to the next film.
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Martok View Post
    (...)
    Indeed! I was going to watch it with my friend. Her father decided to join in because I watched it when it came out and is actually one of his favorite movies. Then the uninvited guest came sit with us saying that he thought it was a bad movie. He and my friend's dad ended up fighting, her dad eventually said the exact thing you just said.

I wonder why people dislike Prometheus so much. I think it's a great addition to the series. Glaf they're making Prometheus 2!

''It blows my mind; you can really feel the mass effect.'' - Camilla Luddington

"Prometheus 2"? Awesome! I dug the first one a lot. As an "Alien" fan, no, I wasn't 100% satisfied, but I knew it just took place in the same universe and not the same continuity. But as an overall film fan, I was 100% satisfied. Great flick. But I've yet to see a Ridley Scott film I haven't liked But, I've also not seen "Kingdom of Heaven" or "Robinhood" yet...
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

Big Hero 6. It was utterly delightful.
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier View Post
    . But I've yet to see a Ridley Scott film I haven't liked But, I've also not seen "Kingdom of Heaven" or "Robinhood" yet...
    Those are both good movies in my humble opinion.

And yes! Bring on Prometheus 2!

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier View Post
    "Prometheus 2"? Awesome!
    It *should* come in 2016.

I think Ridley Scott is pretty much trying to retake the Alien universe.

Part 2 of the Alien marathon I'm doing with a friend. Tonight we watched Alien 3 and Resurrection. And yes, I was well aware about the quality of these movies. Which helped me limit my expectations to a level these movies become somewhat enjoyable.

Unfortunately – again- a few unexpected guests came over. And since the English for hearing impaired subtitle’s wouldn’t work for some reason I missed about half of Alien 3. I’m definitely going to re-watch them sometime at my place in silence with some headphones and pick up everything I missed.

It’s true what you guys said. In my earlier post about Alien and Aliens I pointed out the distinctive Alien style the first 2 movies have. The look and feel are what makes those movies ‘Alien’. It’s too bad that neither Alien 3 or Resurrection have it. Cause I thought that was what made the first 2 such amazing movies!

Now on to some questions for those among you who have seen these movies as well.

Next in the marathon are the 2 Alien vs. Predator movies. Thanks everyone in the Alien: Isolation topic for suggesting to watch the movies first. As a sci-fi fan I’m ashamed I never thought about watching these movies. I think they’re awesome! Isolation went from a game I like to try because of the interesting gameplay to a game I want to play because I love the Alien franchise! I think I’m even going to get Colonal Marines! (Now that must say something)

My top 5 goes like this so far:

1. Aliens
    2. Alien
    3. Prometheus
    4. Alien: Resurrection
    5 Alien 3

3 and 4 might switch after I’ve seen Alien 3 again. I really felt like I missed a lot because I could barely hear what they were saying.

Now on to some questions for those among you who have seen these movies as well.

I'll give it a go...

I'm sorry your viewing experience didn't go so good. Hopefully you'll get alone time at some point. It does sound as though you missed some crucial dialogue.

EDIT in spoiler below...

signature image

Thanks, I thought you'd be the one to help me out again!
    That really clears things up around Resurrection! I wonder why the BluRay release doesn't have the 'official' ending though. According to Google it's the 'special edition' that doesn't have it. The dog in the beginning was also changed to a cow.

And thanks for the list. I got home around 2:00 in the morning yesterday...today. Was to tired to research Wikipedia. Too bad not all books have entries, but I'll figure it out.

Hmm... I could be wrong about the director's cut ending to "Alien 3" then. I'll admit it's been a few years since I've watched it. When I watch that movie I watch the theatrical cut. It makes more sense to me.
    signature image

Oh well. It's something to look forward to when I'm rewatching it. Speaking of which... I went to a 'goodwill' with my sister. It's not my favorite goodwill because they're really expensive. But we got a shards-ton of store credit so we might as well use it. I went straight to the wall of DVDs and ran into Aliens! I was so happy until I inspected the case a little more and found out it was a bootleg.

However in another row I found an official Aliens. And an AvP! Which was again a bootleg. But in a different row stood an official one! So yay! But, but... not done. The last row had Alien + Predator! And because of the credit all for free.

I actually wanted to hunt down the BluRays me and my friend rented for our marathon. But this is fine too ^^

"Sin City: A Dame To Kill For". It sucked. Nowhere near as good as the first one. Over half of the original cast didn't come back. And I mean the ones that are still alive.
    signature image

You're Not You

Beautiful movie based on the book of the same name. I saw the trailer when I went to another movie. It's about a woman, Kate, who has ALS and is taken care of by Bec, who can't even take care of herself. But she's the only one who doesn't treat Kate like a patient.

It reminded me a lot of the French movie Intouchables. No offense to Frenchmen here, but French has zero emotion in movies. There's too many words to fit in one sentence, which is one of the reasons I couldn't enjoy it much. This one however was in good 'ol English. Emotion! So much emtion in fact that the entire audiance in the cinema was like:

Great movie. Wouldn't be surpised if it gets an Oscar.

Indeed! I was going to watch it with my friend. Her father decided to join in because I watched it when it came out and is actually one of his favorite movies. Then the uninvited guest came sit with us saying that he thought it was a bad movie. He and my friend's dad ended up fighting, her dad eventually said the exact thing you just said.

I wonder why people dislike Prometheus so much. I think it's a great addition to the series. Glaf they're making Prometheus 2!
    Actually, I'm not that much excited to this film. But I like this one so much, I can't numbre how many times I have seen. < Pride and Prejudice>

——————————————————————
    coque nokia lumia 520 film nokia lumia 520
    Last edited by Piedseal; 26th Jan 2015 at 09:42.

"VH/S". It's a horror "anthology" film that has about 4 or 5 20 minute long segments. It was pretty terrible except for the first one. If you ever get the chance to see that segment, I do recommend it. I think it was called "Amature Night" and it was great. And for the guys on here: NEVER take a pretty lady that only says "I like you." home from a bar. NEVER. No matter how pretty she is, it's not worth it.
    signature image

Rush hour 1,2 and 3, shaun of the dead and Paul
    signature image

Couldn't resist another viewing of Cabin in the Woods.

I think this could become a Joss Whedon classic.
    Ham and Eggs - a days work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
    signature image

Whoa, forgot about this thread!

I had the joy of watching a couple of flicks with my Dad on Father's Day last week, and one of the films we watched was "Starship Troopers". He'd never seen it before. He's a veteran so he tends to try and avoid war movies. But it was on and he got in to it. The parts where everyone was at boot camp put a big smile on his face. You could tell it brought him back to what were, for him, good times. It was pretty awesome to watch him watch it. And he knew at the beginning of the first battle sequence what the outcome was gonna be. As soon as the first dropship launches, and the Sergeant says "Remember your training and you will make it back alive!" he said: "Yeah, they're ed.". But he dug it. It was awesome to watch that with him. And it's a cool movie.

signature image

"The Pyramid". Follows an archiologist and his daughter Laura(!) as they discover a new pyramid in Egypt. Upon investigating it, they find an ancient evil in the depths...

It's a great idea for a horror flick, but man the acting is bad. It is entertaining, but could use a different cast and director.
    Last edited by WinterSoldierLTE; 5th Jul 2015 at 21:38.
    signature image

I caught one of my all-time faves on cable the other night, and it sucked me right back in: "11:14" - Absolutely vital that you watch from the beginning though.

One of those rare movies that has you thinking "I cannot believe the &#!% that went on in this flick!" afterward. Like "Blood Simple," "Romeo is Bleeding," "Triangle" (the "Triangle" with Melissa George in it,) "Brick," etc. - just totally unexpected, off-the-wall bizarre, but logically-tight stuff that leaves you slack-jawed and wondering what the hell just happened.

Last edited by KasigiYabuSama; 20th Jul 2015 at 08:12.

Man, I got halfway through that a couple of years ago and had to stop watching for some reason, then never got back to it. Must finish it some time. I was really digging it.

I started a blu ray collection this weekend and was probably more excited than I should have been to find "The Rocketeer" on blu ray. I hadn't seen it since I was maybe 10 years old. Thankfully, it's not one of those movies from your childhood you remember being amazing then watch it years later and realize what a pile of crap it is (I'm looking at you, "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3"!). It holds up incredibly well and I got into it just as much as I did when I was a kid.

The special effects hold up pretty good considering how old the flick is, and my God how gorgeous is Jennifer Connelly in 1940's attire? Even to this day she's stunning. I swear she doesn't age.

(click image to enlarge)

And Timothy Dalton was awesome. He is so good at playing a total bastard.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldierLTE View Post
    . . . . was probably more excited than I should have been to find "The Rocketeer" on blu ray.
    I have that film on a laser disc from way back.

I really enjoyed it - and you are perfectly correct about how well the special effects stand up and how nasty Dalton's character was.

Currently, I am hooked on Kingsman. It's Bond crossed with the 1960's UK TV series 'The Avengers' and The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

Sheer brilliant enjoyment.
    signature image

^^^ What kind of special features does the Laser Disc have? There's absolutely nothing on the blu ray, not even a trailer
    signature image

It's been a few years since I played the LD - my old player is a little cantankerous these days, but I have a feeling it had the US release trailer with it.

There wouldn't have been much else - it came on one double-sided, 12" disk in long-play mode.
    signature image

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152 LastLast