Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last

Thread: Nosgoth has stopped working

Nosgoth has stopped working

Crash when launching

I downloaded the client and it says installing msi.exe but then goes to the message "Nosgoth has stopped working", these are the details

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Nosgoth.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.10246.0
    Application Timestamp: 5286cddb
    Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18229
    Fault Module Timestamp: 51fb1116
    Exception Code: 00000001
    Exception Offset: 0000c41f
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: f7c1
    Additional Information 2: f7c192d816f50e8f5a83da2305a86ac6
    Additional Information 3: 5b54
    Additional Information 4: 5b5442ffb07ffb68159ff269793ab46c

If tried verifying the cache, which found no problems. I'm going to try re-installing to see if that works.

I have the exact same problem.

Please send a report to the dev team. At my bug list there is a link to a post made by a mod go to that post and file a rapport, the way stated in the topic.

I looked the file up and its to do with the windows installer.

I've had this at work before with various programs (and it's a right pain to try and figure out exactly what is causing the issue).

I'll need to dig out my notes and see whether I wrote down the solution in each case or not, I probably didn't. You can try this however which might help out:

• Open a windows command prompt as an administrator (can be found All Programs -> Accessories on Windows 7 or type cmd in the search box in either Windows 7 / Windows 8 and right click on either cmd or command prompt and choose Run as Administrator)
    • From this administrative command rpompt type
      sfc /scannow
      which will scan the Windows System Files and check all are ok

If I find my notes I'll post back if I think anything else will help.

The scan found corrupt files and has repaired them. Yet i still get the message that game stopped working.

I'll try and find my notes on Monday then and let you know.

Just been thinking about this a bit more and probably going along the wrong route however might be worth a stab.

If you go to your Steam install directory (either C:\program files\steam or c:\program files (x86)\steam depending on whether you've got 32bit/64bit version of windows) then within there go into steamapps and then nosgoth, you'll see a folder called _CommonRedist which contains 3 folders.

I'd ignore the directX folder, but go into the PhysX and vcredist and manually run both of those installers and see if they both complete successfully and then try installing Nosgoth again after that to see if it help anything. The vcredist has 2 files within it, x86 and x64. I'm pretty sure you if you went into the Program Files (x86) then you will need to install both of them, if you just went into Program Files then you will just need to run the x86 version.

i did that and still the same problem.

I also have this problem I run
    windows vista 64 bit and I get the appcrash bug each time I've attempted using the installs inside the game folder I've deleted redownloaded the game I've double checked my system files as well as updating all drivers again to make sure they are all good. I restarted my computer and my steam and the game continues to crash.

Nosgoth Crash

Nosgoth Crashed as I was focusing in with my bow, lost all sound and screen froze, then got some sound back for a split second, then got Nosgoth has stopped responding. Looking for games ATM and there seems to be no servers already made. Possible game wide crash? (Sorry, no game name)

Edit: Was able to get back in, other players did not state that they crashed.
    Last edited by SqueexID; 27th Jan 2014 at 22:05.

The moment you typed that, there were no servers on. Currently there are NA servers up. Check this page to know when the servers are up.
    Since this is a Closed Alpha servers aren't always up.

Also, check "Documents\My Games\Nosgoth\BCMPGame\Logs". Usually there's a log there pertain crashes (check time and date of the file). Might be useful to save said logs and send them to the devs.

I will be sure to grab that log, thanks!

Game does not start

Hello All,

Apologies if this is something simple, however, I got into the beta today, installed the game and went to play it from my steam library. It's there, was able to install, but when I click to load the game it says "Preparing to load" then nothing happens. I have tried uninstalling and installing again, I disabled all background apps, rebooted windows and disabled my antivirus with no luck.

Is anyone else having an issue loading the game or is there a fix somewhere that I am missing?

Hmm.. are you admin on your pc? What are your pc specs? What operating system do you have?

I have Windows 7 Ultimate, I am administrator and I even tried reinstalling Steam. No luck.

I have the same issue.

No answer at all? Has no one got a fix for this yet?

Originally Posted by Malcoda
    No answer at all? Has no one got a fix for this yet?
    You cannot expect for the community to answer within a few days.
    Please give us and the devs some more time to see if we can think of a solution.

It would have been better if you have said: I bump this thread because I wonder if someone is still looking into this.
    Instead of No answer at all?
    I think people are checking things out to find to solve it.

If help does not come before monday try to contact the dedicated technical support

Thank you for the reply, I am happy that someone is looking into the issue.

Bumping this again, is there anything else needed from me to try and find a solution to the problem? It seems I am not the only one completely unable to access the game.

i cant get the game to do anything, when i click on "play" i get an error stating "Nosgoth has stopped working" - i have put in a suppot ticket, just have to wait now

Nosgoth has stopped working

after trying to launch or play at all the message will appear from windows that nosgoth has stopped working and or crashed, it says it will attempt to fix the problem but it never works. it said that it may help if i launch the app in administration mode or if i give it special permission to launch. need help please tell me how to fix this.

Reinstall it, it should fix the issue.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

i recommend putting in a ticket, me and multiple others are having the same issue and reinstalling does nothing for us neither did the first suggestion from customer support of reinstalling drivers so at the moment we are just awaiting some new breakthrough.

though i would attempt a reinstall just in case your issue is not exactly the same and the drivers if that does not work. (i have tried various combinations and orders of uninstallation of nosgoth and my graphics card drivers and it has not worked, though again, it cant hurt to try.)

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last