Page 7 of 7 First First ... 34567

Thread: Nosgoth has stopped working

Nosgoth has stopped working

Been getting the Nosgoth has stopped working a lot since last patch but now sometimes instead of completely closing the game it will pull the match back up but I am unable to do anything but watch. Has anyone else been having this issue?

Nosgoth has stopped working.

I suddenly started getting this error whenever I try and boot the game, it was working fine earlier today but all of a sudden it stopped working at all. It doesn't get past the little loading icon on my desktop before it crashes. I attempted to run as admin to see if that might help but when I right click the shortcut icon the option doesn't even appear. Nosgoth is the only game not working on my computer.

Edit: Bit more info in the event log.

Last edited by RainaAudron; 22nd Dec 2014 at 10:21. Reason: Added spoiler
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

Hi,

I have a friend who asks me to reinstall all of his system, just because he thinks his Windows is corrupted or something, because he can't play Nosgoth anymore sin OB release.

He was fine before that and we played this game for a long time without any issues, now he can't even get to anything but a windows error 'Nosgoth has stopped working'. He has contacted support and they really have no idea what's the issue, it might be on his end, some incompatibilty with some drivers for example.

So, does anyone knows what I should be looking at for him, before having to wipe / reinstall everything ? I know that Xfire bug (it isn't that), you guys have any idea if other softwares can screw Nosgoth ? BTW, only Nosgoth, of all his games, is having this issue. He invested some 60+$ into this game in skins and banners, he obviously likes it, but this issue is game breaking.

Also, is there a way to get a 'log' out of that crash ? If so, how ?

Thanks for the help.

EDIT : My friend is kind of unable to troubleshoot by himself, so i'll help him, but since my time is precious, if someone could gimme some lead it would be very apreciated.

Ok so i've have this problem on both computers and after doing this for both computers, IT WORKED. JUST TRY THIS IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY. Go to your steam library. Right click Nosgoth and then click properties. Then click "Very Integrity of game cache". It worked for me so it might work for you. (I know some of you probably already tried this but if you havent, please try it)

just downloaded the game and i have that problem "nosgoth has stopped working" .. tried everything.. so what now? -.- should i uninstall it and i just wasted my time? ..

after I downloaded the patch on 3th march, i get this message always: Nosgoth has stopped working and gets me another message with debug and close program. How to solve this

Same problem here. Since the last uptade I can't play Nosgoth and when I click to the "Play" button on steam I have the same message : "Nosgoth has stopped working".

Tried to reboot, reinstalling the game, installing raptr, launch the game in admin mode but none of these works.

Need help too.

I don't have this problem anymore. With the current update I can play again. I have no other explications to give, sorry. Thank you for the update and see you in game.

um i downloaded nosgoth last night and tried playing it but it seems that it doesnt work i have a windows 7 64 bit pro with i3 2.93 8gb ram and a 1gb graphics card that can run far cry 4 but every time i hit play button on steam it goes straight into a black screen with my mouse button in a loading circle is there a fix to this and ive tried reinstall but that doesnt work.

Make sure your DirectX is updated.... Might or might not fix it, but I've seen many programs crash when loading from it.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

Page 7 of 7 First First ... 34567