Page 3 of 3 First First 123

Thread: JC2-MP - Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Modification

JC2-MP - Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Modification

this is gonna be insanly nuts, cant wait. good work mate.

can you run around on foot weapons ect ect? or not as of yet?

BUMP <- See OP

Looking pretty nice!
    I wouldn't worry too much about the skeptics if I were you, some people are going to disbelieve right up until the mod is out.,
    Some will probably continue to disbelieve afterwards, there are always people like that
    http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/flatearth.html

Thanks jc2mpdev, very good work thus far, I was wondering, would this mod be easily removed?
    I have a friend in the states that I would like to temporally share the experience with, but I know after exploring she will not remain, not the shooter type, she is more yer sims type.

are you going to be able to be on foot and have weapons and all that aswell?

looking pretty damn nice.

excellent work mate

Cant wait til its out. Keep up the great work.

New video up with Tags, signs with player names.

But can you try to remove the ''<'' and ''>'' when they are off your screen? If there are 20 people in the game I would get nuts by this. Putting them on the mini-map like in SA:MP would be uber cool.
    We want JC2MP now!
    Hail the almighty Dual Hook

Yeah i am loving the new video, can't wait to try it out, also any word if NPC's can be synced??

Nice job ,

I'm planning to buy JC2 this weekend and MP mod is a great surprise.

I may have to upgrade my computer.

Too many amazing things are being programmed for this game.. just.. too many..

Screw my PS3..

PC FTW!!

Originally Posted by Enteku
    Why would he lie and piss HUNDREDS of people off? On top of that, its being developed by the same team that created SA-MP [San Andreas MP] which was f*in' awesome. If you don't believe him, you have a problem.

Compatible, you're a moron.
    cause this is the Internet MORON.

WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE XBOX/PS3!!!!!

salbo, they have so many MP exclusive games we could at least have one they can't join

Originally Posted by salbo
    WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE XBOX/PS3!!!!!
    Why don't people know that you can't mod game files on Consoles? You can't even get to them -_-
    We want JC2MP now!

Originally Posted by SeldomAthleticFC
    Amen to that, brother! The torrent community is killing PC game development.
    just like that mythical time when 'taping off the radio' killed the music industry.

can't wait for mod though.

any news yet?

From the SA:MP Forum...
    Quote from: Kye
    Quote from: Charles
    Is it confirmed that the SA-MP Devs are making a MP for JC2?

It is being created by two people who were part of the SA-MP dev team and were very instrumental in the creation of SA-MP. They have been around since the VC-MP days. It is not being created by the current SA-MP dev team (me), although I am providing a small amount of moral support and might one day contribute to the project if it's needed.

I want to point out that I don't think they're really promising anything at this stage. They're just showing what they've been able to do so far. They are certainly not promising an SA-MP style mod on Just Cause 2. There are a lot of factors beyond their control. For example, if Avalanche are planning to add their own multiplayer to JC2 via DLC, that would be a 'death blow' to any mod like this. Please keep that in mind.

I am still on Windows XP and still working on SA-MP 0.3b, which I think may be the last release of SA-MP.

Originally Posted by compatible
    From the SA:MP Forum...
    Quote from: Kye
    Quote from: Charles
    Is it confirmed that the SA-MP Devs are making a MP for JC2?

It is being created by two people who were part of the SA-MP dev team and were very instrumental in the creation of SA-MP. They have been around since the VC-MP days. It is not being created by the current SA-MP dev team (me), although I am providing a small amount of moral support and might one day contribute to the project if it's needed.

I want to point out that I don't think they're really promising anything at this stage. They're just showing what they've been able to do so far. They are certainly not promising an SA-MP style mod on Just Cause 2. There are a lot of factors beyond their control. For example, if Avalanche are planning to add their own multiplayer to JC2 via DLC, that would be a 'death blow' to any mod like this. Please keep that in mind.

I am still on Windows XP and still working on SA-MP 0.3b, which I think may be the last release of SA-MP.
    Nice info
    We want JC2MP now!

honestly if this works Avalance/Square Enix should hire these guys like Valve did with the creators of Portal.

Well there website is up and running http://www.jc2-mp.com/
    Looks like all is going well so far , cant wait for the first realises,and updates to come ..

For all you lazy peeps that dont like visiting the news page..

Taken from the news section at
    http://www.justcause.com/?page=articles/view&AID=21460

Community Spotlight - JC2-MP Team

21 May 2010 - 08.41am
    Trix and Jax tell us all about their JC2 multiplayer mod
    Hi guys, Thanks for taking the time to talk to us. First of all, can I get you to tell us a little bit about yourselves, your background in the mod scene and why you’re relevant to the Just Cause 2 community?

Trix:

I started my interest in sandbox games way back with GTA 3: Liberty City, which led on to GTA: Vice City and then GTA: San Andreas. Naturally, I was interested in how the games were able to be manipulated and found myself contributing a small amount to the sa-mp project. When Just Cause 2 was released, it was like being taken back to one of the GTA franchise and how open the world was to the players imagination.

Jax:

I started out with sandbox games playing GTA3, but didn't actually start modding till GTA: Vice City, I started out by ripping apart the mission scripts and recoding them to make the game behave differently and took a keen interest in game modding from that point on. Over the last 5-6 years ( on and off ) I've had the privilege of working with Kye from the SA-MP project, firstly on VC-MP, then onto SA-MP.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What was it that drew you to Just Cause 2 and begin working on a multiplayer modification for the game?

Well, from the first moment we tried out the demo we pretty much knew we had to make multiplayer for this game, the great sense of freedom and the sheer size of the world, yet the level of detail crafted into every nook and cranny just made it something we had to do. That, and envisioning players driving around in packs with cannons mounted to whichever vehicle.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It sounds like an enormous amount of work, are you able to tell us where you are with the project currently?

Currently, the project is undergoing a re-write from the ground up based on the findings from the proof-of-concept videos we released recently. Once we have the fundamentals set in stone, work will continue on expanding the Vehicle/Player sync to an acceptable standard.
    Eep! What have been the biggest challenges in making this work?

Familiarising ourselves with the engine has been rather time consuming, which involved a lot of sleepless nights and time. However, the end result of that work makes up for the time spent.
    There’s been a lot of skepticism about the mod, have you anything you want to say to non-believers?

Doubt all they like, but soon enough, we'll be gunning them down from improvised Bering [See Appendix A] gun-ships.
    Have you created any other mods for Just Cause 2, or are you focused solely on multiplayer?

Initially it started out as a vehicle spawner, however that's what led us onto the multi-player ambition.
    Are we likely to see anything else from the team in the future?

Maybe.
    Where can we find out more about the mod and its progress? Is there a website we should all be pointing our browsers to?

We have a highly trained monkey coding our website at the moment and if i might add it is looking quite nice. Currently http://jc2-mp.com points to our YouTube channel, however it will be redirected to the website when the design is finished.

We've currently also tried to keep information as easy to find and follow by:

YouTube: http://youtube.com/jc2mpdev

Twitter: http://twitter.com/jc2mpdev

Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/JC2-MP

Thanks guys, we look forward to seeing the final project!

22. I bump this one a bit, otherwise more people will start new threads about it

I hope it will work, just like GTA:SA's samp
    JCS: "How to get your Monster truck down safely from a skyscraper!"
    http://youtu.be/0ZMPhPLLry4

Originally Posted by Enzoforce
    Why don't people know that you can't mod game files on Consoles? You can't even get to them -_-
    because microsoft is being a tard and won't allow mods. I don't know about ps3 though.

This i WANT good luck with it!

Page 3 of 3 First First 123