Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: GTA 4 vs Just Cause 2

GTA 4 vs Just Cause 2

Just Cause 2 does everything you wanted to do in GTA4.

Originally Posted by sfmountainbiker
    I was all geared up for RDR, but after JC2, I'm just not sure I can play an open world game without a grapple and parachute. They had those in the old west, didn't they?
    I was thinking the same thing myself. After playing JC2 and then RDR... I TAKES FOREVER getting around! Everything just seems soooo slow now. John Marston needs a grapple hook FFS!

I personally prefer JC2, i had more fun plus i LOVE flying. I really want that JC3 has more detail into flying, like controlling flaps, roation around the horizontal plane, pulling out/in wheels, more airports, more air movement

GTA4 is one of those Movie-games which centers on the story more than gameplay
    JC2 is a game and ONLY a game No story and mission crap

Cool

Originally Posted by shawn187
    I was thinking the same thing myself. After playing JC2 and then RDR... I TAKES FOREVER getting around! Everything just seems soooo slow now. John Marston needs a grapple hook FFS!
    I can just see that now:
    *John Marstin jump off horse during horse race between Bonnie McFarlane and him, and zips along to the finish line*
    JM: "What took you so long?"
    BM: "You cheated! By the way, did you invent that Grappling hook? I've never seen it before in my life."

Originally Posted by Aran34X
    GTA4 is one of those Movie-games which centers on the story more than gameplay
    JC2 is a game and ONLY a game No story and mission crap
    This is a very insightful post, IMO.

Most games these days are story-driven and trying to recreate movie-like atmospheres... But they fail epically when it comes to the actual game play. The game play is either too restricted (scripted, on rails), or there isn't enough actual game play and it's too many cut scenes because it's emphasizing story over game play.

JC2 is a pure Gamers Game.

Like another poster said, you feel you are in a lot more control of what is going on in JC2 as far as the actual game play mechanics go. The only time I die in JC2 is because I made a mistake and the AI overwhelmed me, or the inconsistent physics got me e.g. riding along at top speed and hit a fence post and die in a fiery crash - LOL - But even this doesn't feel cheap because that *could* happen in real life even if it shouldn't in this game

When I sit down and play a game, I want to *play* a game. Not sit through an interactive movie like the majority of games are designed these days. This is also why I favor open-world games like JC2 where the game play is emergent and not pre-scripted in the sense you can only do what the developers want you to do because the game itself doesn't have that much going for it beyond its cinema-style presentation.

I also grew bored of GTAIV really fast, too.

I felt GTAIV took itself too seriously and was trying to be a "crime simulator" to appease hardcore players who wanted a realistic urban crime game like Mafia, and Hitman.

Just cause 2 is more fun IMO

GTAIV was wayyyyy over craped and i know because ive ben a fan of GTA since psx days they should of remastered GTASA. JC2 just has that feel of epic openness like do what u want blow crap up.

GTA IV has it all, but Just Cause 2 has it all and even more.

If you think about it, JC2 lacks features that GTA4 has, and GTA4 lacks features JC2 has.
    Check out and Support my GrappleHook DLC Idea Please! Link Below!
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...13#post1563813

Rockstar should have released a game like jc2.

Panou should = the Gta iv era of San Andreas.
    Just Cause 2 = modded the up version of Gta Iv

Just cause 2 > GTA:SA > GTA 4

GTA4 is extremely overrated imo.

Just cause 2 is just more like freeroam just as gta but all on drugs.. all the you cant do in gta you can do in JC.. and well i think that these two games arent comparable anyway.. i mean it's very diffrent somehow :P
    Insert Coin Here --> [===========] <-- and make me rich

Page 2 of 2 First First 12