Thread: Centered Camera

Centered Camera

Centered Camera

This is my first post, so introduction and a small mod I made for myself to center the camera behind the player like in most 3rd person games. Basically I just copied motorcycle camera view to player on foot camera. Just put the file in your dropzone folder. Forgive me if someone already thought of this. I'd like to thank gibbed for making tools which made this possible

http://hotfile.com/dl/36157510/74429...tings.bin.html

Screenshot:

Cool. You wouldn't happen to know how to make a first person view, would you? Or how to get rid of the auto re-centering when driving a vehicle?

And in which archive did you find these camera settings?

You might be able to do first person by copying over the camera settings for the turrets.

What dropzone folder???

Never mind did find it in another post, here it is if some one lese is wondering.

Just Cause 2 install folder\dropzone
    (if you don't have one, create one)

Originally Posted by Whitestar
    Cool. You wouldn't happen to know how to make a first person view, would you? Or how to get rid of the auto re-centering when driving a vehicle?

And in which archive did you find these camera settings?
    in pc0.tab

OK i have tested to use the turret cam but that don't work good at all, it's to high and works rely weird when moving around/jumping/reeling and so on.

I think you meed to find out exactly what X/Y/Z values to use.

@ 13lacksabbath

How do you extract those .tab files?
    I know that you can view them with Gibbed.Avalanche.ArchiveViewer.exe, but how do i extract them so i can change the auto re-centering when driving a vehicle...and where do i find what i need to change in all those files??

Here's what I did:

Make a working copy of all tab and arc files and work on those instead of the originals. Run Gibbed's archive viewer.
    1. Open PC0.tab (make sure you browse to the work files).
    2. For convenience make a folder called PC0 in the work files folder.
    3. Select Save All (make sure you browse to the work files) and save the content in the PC0 folder you created in step 2.
    4. Repeat from step 1 (but obviously use different folder names for each archive).

Now that all is extracted you must use either bin2xml to view bin files or smallunpack to view other files, such as blz files. Note that when you drag files over the exe files and open them, it produces a result file or folder in the same folder where the file is.

To view xml files in Notepad, simply right click and select Edit.
    To view dds files just download Paint.net.

Hope this wasn't too detailed.

EDIT: The auto re-centering is annoying, but I still haven't found out how to change it. More research needed I guess.

Thank you so much for doing this!

You've fixed the one thing that bothered me about this game!

http://hotfile.com/dl/36361935/262f8..._Mods.rar.html

2 simple mods, try them out and see which one you like better.

First is a default camera view with fixed shoulder view.
    Now you can see Rico instead of just his arm when you zoom in. In my opinion original shoulder view was useless.
    This one makes more sense and it's actually useful.

Second mode is my centered 3rd person view with fixed shoulder view.
    Now shoulder view is also centered so you don't lose your aim when you zoom in or out. Now it looks like Hitman 2 camera when you zoom in which is awesome IMO.

Extract a file of your choosing into Just Cause 2/dropzone folder
    If you don't have "dropzone" folder in your Just Cause 2 directory make one.

ReadMe and screenshots are in the .rar file
    LOST

dead links