Thread: SR2... On Win 7

SR2... On Win 7

> I believe I might be pushing it a little to far to ask anyone if they managed to run their SR2 on Win 7

> I solved the pink screen disabling the registry key I was told, but I the game crashes during the initial dialogue, between Raziel and Moebius... It crashes at random times, but I never managed to get past the dialogue... Anyone got lucky?

Sorry mate but my games are all on the PS1 and PS2, however the best people to try asking around here would probably be Vampmaster or Blincoln. Just shoot a PM to either one of them, I know they're still lurking, though I don't know how much
    Help out with the effort for a new Legacy of Kain game! (list updated on December 6th)
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...74#post1270474

First things first...

Have you installed the update patch? (1.02 I think?)

All computer drivers up to date? (gfx, chipset, sound etc)

Are you running the game from your original disc, if so - try a no-cd fix.

If you are using a no-cd fix, try another one. AFAIK, there are some different fixes around, and some of them are a bit broken.

hi guys, I have similar problem... When launching SR2 it always stays on a black screen... :/
    can anybody help? thanks. I have win7.

Can you hear the sound of the Eidos, CD screens, and then the menu screen? If so, it sounds like the registry key problem. I don't know if Win7 is the same as on previous versions of Windows, but that problem of a black, or purple screen on other versions is solved by doing this:

1)start>run
    2)type regedit
    3)choose HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    4)choose software
    5)choose Crystal Dynamics
    6)choose Soul Reaver 2 then 1.00000
    7)double click on a file called disablevshader
    8)change the value from 0 to 1

the thing is the eidos or CD logo wont pop up, I dont hear anything, the screen stays black.
    Ive tried altering registry for hardware transformation and disable vshader, didnt help.
    Ive tried the compatibility, nothing...

Hm, that sucks I hope someone knows of a fix, then.

> @ Raina Audron: Go to the compatibility mode and check "disable visual themes", "disable desktop composition", and "disable resizing on high DPI configs". That should work.

It finally works! Thanks everybody who tried to help

Doesnt work for me and i tried everything listed above. Someone having suggestions?

Something annoying I just noticed when installing Soul Reaver 2 on Windows 7 for the first time is that if you have UAC enabled, the 1.02 patch must be applied by right-clicking on it and choosing Run as Administrator. If you run it the normal way, it will look like it has applied, when actually it hasn't (you can verify this in the lower-right corner of the screen in the main menu when the game starts).
    Legacy of Kain: The Lost Worlds
    http://www.thelostworlds.net/

Windows 7 saves everything on another folder when don't have write permission. Everything that alters something on Program Files and other protected folders, must be run as Administrator, or it may work, but the files are not saved on the expected folder.

Ok, I'm having the same problem as tucalipe. I installed SR2 on Windows 7 X64. I installed the patch as administrator and enabled XP SP3 compatibility mode. The game seems to function just fine until about the latter half on Raz and Moebius' in-game cutscene. It will just freeze at a random point, and the game has to be forcefully shut down. So far, I'm 0 for 3 with my pc installs (already tried BO1 and SR1), and this is getting really frustrating. Any information on a possible fix for this would be a blessing.

UPDATE: I just tried something I read on a BO2 thread. Changed compatibility mode to Windows 98/ME which seems to eliminate a problem cause by running a game designed for a single core processor on a multi-core processor. So far, seem's to have worked. I'll post again if something else goes wrong.

I play SR2 on win7 but I can't play SR1 (T_T)

Problem with SR2

Well I have that problem too..... i have installed the SR2, i made the change in the register, installed the patch, the game start, shows me the eidos logo and the crystal dinamics logo, and the.......stays in blackscreen....i have search the whole web and cant find a solution..... PLEASE HELP!!!